Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Abja & The Lionz of Kush +Special guests NorCal tour dates Aug-Sep 2013

Posted by Rooticalmama 
Abja & The Lionz of Kush +Special guests NorCal tour dates Aug-Sep 2013
August 06, 2013 08:19PM
Greetings phorum phriends
Here' s the tour dates for Abja & The Lionz of Kush's upcoming California tour.
Abja & The Lionz of Kush 2013 "Songs Fa Jah" Tour Dates

August 24- Ukiah Brewing Company, Ukiah, CA with Ishence $10

August 30- Ashkenaz, Berkeley, CA with DJ Zion Roots Sound(VI)

August 31- "One Love One Heart" Festival, Sacramento, CA

September 2nd- "International Labor Day Reggae Session"- The Stonehouse-Nevada City, CA with Danny I, Army, Misael, & The Rebel Band *Subject to change-Check the website

September 6th- Lost on Main, Chico, CA with Danny I, Army, & Ishence & DJ Zion Roots Sound(VI)

September 7th- Moe's Alley, Santa Cruz, CA with Keznamdi from Jamaica backed by the 7th St. Band

September 8th- Aubergine After Dark, Sebastopol, CA

All events listed on WWW.LIONSOFKUSH.COM
Sign-up for email list to win free CDs & Merch

Blessssssssssssss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2013 09:33AM by Rooticalmama.
Re: Abja & The Lionz of Kush +Special guests NorCal tour dates Aug-Sep 2013
August 06, 2013 08:24PM
August 06, 2013 08:34PM
[imgl]http://www.lionsofkush.com/tour-dates.html
August 10, 2013 10:40AM
I am considering making the drive from Oregon for the Sept 6th show in Chico, CA since it is a friday night show. Sadly I have heard some negative things about the venue and was told that artists do not get nice long sets there. Does anyone know the venue Lost on Main?? Thanks in advance! Really want to come but am a bit worried about making that far of a drive and being dissapointed that each artist will get a 30 minute set.
August 10, 2013 10:45AM
I will definatley be in the place for the ashkanaz show....
August 10, 2013 10:47AM
east bay herbalist, is Danny I and Army playing at Ashkanaz too??
August 10, 2013 10:49AM
THe show I really want to go to is Sept 2nd in Nevada City but a Monday night is not possible for me to make the drive from Oregon because of work. Nothing worse than work getting in the way of reggae music.
August 10, 2013 11:20AM
Rossta
east bay herbalist, is Danny I and Army playing at Ashkanaz too??
not that I can see. that would be extremely awesome though....

lol..work has been getting in the way of my reggae a lot lately. that and kids...oh and getting older and not having the energy I used to have.....
August 10, 2013 11:53AM
Rossta they are playing at the One Love One Heart fest on Aug 31 also. i'm seriously considering seeing them friday night and then on saturday again.

Love that reggae!
August 10, 2013 12:03PM
I have yet to see Army and Danny I. Really considering checking them out in Sac.
August 10, 2013 12:10PM
They are both well worth seeing. VI roots man.

Love that reggae!
August 10, 2013 12:12PM
I met Army at ROTR, gave him a copy of that show, he is a very warm bredren.

Love that reggae!
August 10, 2013 12:19PM
I love the VI vibes over everything else really...been a fan ever since I caught an Igrade showcase at the downlow about 5 years back. It was Nyiorah, Abja, Volcano, Mada nile and I believe they were backed by the lionz of kush. loved the heartical vibes.
August 10, 2013 12:21PM
yup...VI artists and Gappy Ranks are what I rate right now. Love the positive and fresh vibes they sing and chant about.
August 13, 2013 11:18AM
Nomo! That is a very good idea. Might be worth the drive. I can see Abja friday night and then go to the festival saturday and sunday. I would need to be at work monday morning at 6am to get that freight rolling so I would need to leave by say 10pm sunday night. Only thing that is slowing me down is I will be seeing Midnite in Eugene the weekend before and I might not want another weekend of LOTS of driving. Thinking hard on this.
August 13, 2013 11:52AM
At this point that is my plan, Abja at Ashkenaz on Friday night, then the fest for the weekend. hope it's not too hot!

Love that reggae!
August 13, 2013 11:55AM
I really wish that Abja, Army and Danny I were all playing on Saturday and then I could just skip Sunday afternoon and get a good start. Does anyone have the run of show for One Love One Heart?? I am headed to their website now. thanks
August 13, 2013 11:55AM
I couldn't find a schedule.

Love that reggae!
August 13, 2013 12:45PM
August 13, 2013 02:00PM
Arkaingelle is going to be there too!!! Awesome! This is looking like a must come. I could even take off after Army to get on the road for work monday morning. Get to see Prez Brown headline again this summer!!!

Is their camping at this festival??

Thanks for posting that Daniel. Atleast give me an idea of what time Army and Danny I would be coming on since I really want to see both of them.
August 13, 2013 02:29PM
Don't sleep on Junior X or Ras Indio either....Sunday looks like a nice day of music
jps
August 13, 2013 02:30PM
That looks like a very nice weekend of roots music.I must say I'm a little jealous.
August 13, 2013 03:18PM
JPS! When you and Kristy making the move to Oregon?!?! LOL.

Thank you Redwood Rebel, If I am making the drive from Bend, I wont miss any of the sets!!! I am thinking I should take monday off and skip the Abja show friday night. I can leave for Sac after I get off work friday around 3-4pm and then crash in a Walmart parking lot friday night somewhere and then enjoy all day saturday and sunday at the festival and drive home at my own leisure on monday.

Starting to get excited!!! Gotta make this work!!!
August 17, 2013 06:16PM
Greetings brendren & sistren of the board!
Wanted to let the I know that the show on 9/6 in Chico is a 4 hour show, so each artist should have at least 45 min-1 hour set if not more. Also in the place will be DJ Zion Roots from VI, so all night VI Reggae.
Give thanks for strength & support fa all de shows.
August 21, 2013 09:35AM
SHOW ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 23RD "ST. CROIX INNA HUMBOLDT" HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Abja deals with JAH works.....not confusion..........GIve thanks fa itinual support of Independent Reggae artists
August 21, 2013 09:53AM
Rossta
I am considering making the drive from Oregon for the Sept 6th show in Chico, CA since it is a friday night show. Sadly I have heard some negative things about the venue and was told that artists do not get nice long sets there. Does anyone know the venue Lost on Main?? Thanks in advance! Really want to come but am a bit worried about making that far of a drive and being dissapointed that each artist will get a 30 minute set.

Where did you hear this about the shows at Lost On Main? I am the main reggae promoter in Chico over the past 5 years and put on all most all the reggae show at Lost. If I don't put it on I am invovoved in some way. This show is put on by my good friend Zion Roots. This show will be ran professionally and in a timely matter as all of our shows are.
August 21, 2013 03:41PM
Hey Diesel. I am very sorry if my post can be seen as negative and hurtful in a way. I did not think it out when I posted that. My intention was only too find the best place to see Danny I, Army and Abja since I am making a 20 hour round trip drive and spending a few bucks. I posted on FB that I was going to see these artists in Chico that night and had some buddies from CA I have gotten to know over the years from travelling to see Midnite tell me that they were really dissapointed at a Midnite show at that venue. I was told that Midnite got a 45 minute set after a DJ played for 3 hours. That is what scared me. Nobody here on the phorum provided me with any negative info about your shows or lost on main. I was still planning on coming but then saw that the One Love One Heart festival was going on and decided that would work out better for me. My apologies for any headaches that this may have caused and if you would like i am more than willing to delete my post. I do not want to create any negative vibes and I see that I might have done that. Again I am very sorry, my intention was only to gain information. I can be a bit naive sometimes.

Blessings to you and your friends show that night Diesel.
August 21, 2013 07:18PM
Rossta
Hey Diesel. I am very sorry if my post can be seen as negative and hurtful in a way. I did not think it out when I posted that. My intention was only too find the best place to see Danny I, Army and Abja since I am making a 20 hour round trip drive and spending a few bucks. I posted on FB that I was going to see these artists in Chico that night and had some buddies from CA I have gotten to know over the years from travelling to see Midnite tell me that they were really dissapointed at a Midnite show at that venue. I was told that Midnite got a 45 minute set after a DJ played for 3 hours. That is what scared me. Nobody here on the phorum provided me with any negative info about your shows or lost on main. I was still planning on coming but then saw that the One Love One Heart festival was going on and decided that would work out better for me. My apologies for any headaches that this may have caused and if you would like i am more than willing to delete my post. I do not want to create any negative vibes and I see that I might have done that. Again I am very sorry, my intention was only to gain information. I can be a bit naive sometimes.

Blessings to you and your friends show that night Diesel.

I know exactly what show your talking about and unfortunately that night Midnight went on at 1:20 and was done at 1:40. Super lame night and a $30 ticket. That show was put on by a friend of mine and the problem was the opening bands never got off stage on time. The end problem was the promoter didn't really stage manage well. Midnight was actually scheduled to play a free show to make it up, but the club canncelled thier night due to some personal conflicts.
The reason I'm asking is I'd like to know if we have a bad reputation. If we do I'd like to change it. I didn't mean to jump on you if I did I just want our shows reputations to be good to out of town folks. My next show won't be til November 14th with Iba Mar. If you are a fan please message me the week before and I will put you on my guest list in hopes of changing your mind and your friends minds about our shows. When people talk about Chico reggae I want to hear all Positive things.
August 21, 2013 07:24PM
yes, positive movements, diesel!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
August 22, 2013 12:27PM
Hey Diesel,

I dont feel like you jumped on me at all. My apologetic response was because after reading your post i realized that my post could have an effect on people thinking about going to the show in Chico. That is not what I am about. I apologized and offered to take down my post only because I would never want to harm reggae or a show that is being put on because of a post that i wrote. I really appreciate the generous offer of putting me on the guest list! When I do come to chico for a show I will most certainly pay because I like to support the music and the cause. To be honost though normally Midnite is the only band I travel for but Danny I, Army and Abja is almost as good and worth travelling for. sadly I cannot make it to the One Love One heart festival so I am considering coming to Chico again for this show!! Will let you know if i do so we can link up on the 6th! Positive reggae coming outta CHICO!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login