Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sizzla

Posted by Ras Danny 
Sizzla
August 13, 2013 02:06PM
I have heard that an agency is offering a Sizzla tour around November.
anyOne here know which agency dat is?

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
Re: Sizzla
August 13, 2013 03:19PM
Really! Never seen Sizzla live. Would love to catch his vibes! Hope that works out Ras D!!!
August 13, 2013 03:54PM
Ever since BMC posted those early Sizzla mixes I have been fiending to see him live. Forward Sizzla to SNWMF 2014!
August 13, 2013 05:57PM
For real !! Almost got lucky enough to catch him in port Antonio but the show was canceled.. I would love to see him again
August 13, 2013 07:33PM
If any has the info please email it to me also.
August 13, 2013 09:33PM
Saw him in his prime days at Merrytime Hall in SF. Had to be late 90's?
I was impressed at ROTR a few years back as well.
I was inspired again with BMC's mix of sizzla too. Kinda brought me back to the good ol days smiling smiley
August 13, 2013 10:05PM
Last time was in Santa Cruz in 2005
August 13, 2013 11:47PM
Respect to ras d and diesel for jumping in that! Something like that needs to come around.. It's been too long!
August 14, 2013 07:40AM
I am a huge Sizzla fan. I rate him in my personal Top 5. I'd love to book for a show in my town. Saying that I also have to say the last time I saw him it made me sick. I saw him headline Rebel Salute in JA. The performance was going great and the energy he built up was amazing, but then he went into a 15 min anti gay medley with BOOM BUY BUY, NA APOLOGIZE and a few others. I have heard all these songs, but never liked them. When I saw them live and the people cheering to kill gays, it simply made me sick. I have never been to a festival and all the sudden HEAR AND FEEL so much hate in the crowd. I know this next example is super extream up it is what I compared it too. I though this is what it must have been like when Hitler was talking of exterminating the Jews. Sizzla was saying such hate speeches and being praised for it. I know this wont happen in the US, but it will be in my contract just like with Capleton.
August 14, 2013 09:46AM
sizzla absolutely kills it live!

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
August 14, 2013 10:06AM
Bad news. As soon as I read this I contacted his booking agency.

Hi Charles,

Will be in the future. Right now he cannot come to the US. I have no idea when that will be. Focus for bookings for Sizzla at this time have been outside of America.
August 14, 2013 10:08AM
Good news... Looks like I might be booking a Mr Vegas show in November/ December so you can expect to see him around California.
August 14, 2013 11:17AM
I was going to be very surprised if Sizzla got a visa
August 14, 2013 11:30AM
gabertron
I was inspired again with BMC's mix of sizzla too. Kinda brought me back to the good ol days smiling smiley

Ah, The Maritime Hall, now that brings back some great memories. Loved going to shows at that venue.
August 14, 2013 11:51AM
I had a feeling he couldn't get his visa still..
That's pretty extreme diesel but I don't doubt that one bit.. Unfortunately that's how those artist get the crowd pumped up in Jamaica.. You can bet for sure he wouldn't pull that here.. Why?? Just part of their culture I guess.. But when I was over there I talked to lots of locals.. One dude was a night security guard (who told me his father was tupac and not dead but in fact alive and living in Cuba hahah) who talked to us about music and we talked about sizzla, and he says but what about the gays?? It got very quiet.. And my lady says what about em?? Anyway dude basically talked about how he doesn't like how sizzla is always talking about killing gays, but he still loved sizzlas music.. And all of it for that matter..

On a positive note chronixx was looked up to by many youth I met.. Even the rudeboys that tried to sell me coke that we later ended up hanging out with.. Gave me a huge bud that he grew and a rzzla and we all kicked back singing to chronixx in a tiny little rum bar
August 15, 2013 11:46AM
Dates have been moved to December. Locking in shows now, from what agent is saying.
August 15, 2013 12:09PM
Mikey J.
gabertron

Ah, The Maritime Hall, now that brings back some great memories. Loved going to shows at that venue.
Word!!!!!!! Some of my fondest memories are at that venue...
August 15, 2013 02:23PM
My bud in NY says he is playing at Toads in November.

Love that reggae!
August 15, 2013 04:39PM
....if Sizzla plays SNWMF 2014, I will def be there!
August 15, 2013 05:39PM
Saw him in Eureka at club west in 2001, great show. Would def like to see him in Boonville in 14

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 11:45PM by Pale Ryder.
August 15, 2013 07:09PM
ulotrichi
Dates have been moved to December. Locking in shows now, from what agent is saying.
Please give us the link to the booking agent.
BMC
August 16, 2013 08:59AM
Reggabe
Ever since BMC posted those early Sizzla mixes I have been fiending to see him live. Forward Sizzla to SNWMF 2014!

gabertron

Very nice to read guys, thanks!

Saw him live twice myself, once early 2000s and once in 2010 and he's well worth seeing, great live show, very good band and very good choice of tunes.
jps
August 16, 2013 10:30AM
I was at a Luciano show a few weeks ago here in North Carolina and after the show the promoter announced that in the Fall there was going to be a Capleton and Sizzla show. No other details besides that.

I will try and see if I can get any info from the promoter, but can't make any promises.
August 16, 2013 08:47PM
Sizzla killed it at Garance in France last month and it streamed for FREE!

Here's the show though not HD like the stream

hit after hit after hit

and from another recent show:

check that crowd play!!

and more PROPS to BMC...InI also kept those mixes on replay and they also brought me back to the days....
August 22, 2013 02:03PM
[www.sizzla-kalonji.com] ?????? site includes booking and contact info, don't know how helpful this will be for you Diesel. Or call Toad's in CT and get his booking info from them, seeing that they have him booked in late Nov. Peace...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 02:16PM by yellowberry.
August 22, 2013 02:06PM
there are indeed some (deep) visa issues at play... all's good... we linked.

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 22, 2013 02:10PM
SIZZLA!!!! November 25th Toad's Place in Connecticut!!!! [www.toadsplace.com]
August 22, 2013 03:09PM
Ras Danny
there are indeed some (deep) visa issues at play... all's good... we linked.

Oh please let us in the the deep visa issues?? Or PM me please.
August 22, 2013 03:10PM
So is this tour possible??
August 22, 2013 03:55PM
iriebarto
Looks possible to me, seeing that he has already booked (at least) one show in CT on Nov 25, 2013.
August 22, 2013 04:42PM
yellowberry
iriebarto
Looks possible to me, seeing that he has already booked (at least) one show in CT on Nov 25, 2013.

Hmmmm. If "deep" visa issues at play I don't think it really matters how many shows are booked. We all know to well that artists book shows without a visa.
August 23, 2013 01:46AM
Spliff P - nah worry yourself Seattle show is already in tha making if he gets visa cleared - i hear its close and looking good, and its not Caribbean Blu or Culture Yard
August 23, 2013 10:43AM
Thanks Element
August 23, 2013 04:42PM
Really...don't get your hopes up. The anti-reggae gay activists will pressure any venue who books him to cancel the show beforehand.
August 24, 2013 02:30AM
Or maybe the anti-Mugabe activists.
August 24, 2013 06:45AM
J_72
Or maybe the anti-Mugabe activists.

feeling red smileyRim Shot!

Mr. Collins' support of this dictator is SO filled with irony.

I see Mr. Mugabe has of late made the statement he is in favor of beheading homosexuals, and that gays 'ruin' nations. When it comes to the ability of 'ruining' a nation, one would think homosexuals could take lessons on both 101 and graduate levels from Mugabe.
August 24, 2013 09:04AM
spliffp
yellowberry
iriebarto

Hmmmm. If "deep" visa issues at play I don't think it really matters how many shows are booked. We all know to well that artists book shows without a visa.

The shitty thing is an artist has to have shows booked out for 3 years to get a work visa. I have worked hand and hand in getting visa's for Mykal Rose and Prince Alla. Both of them I had to book 3 shows for. 1 show a year for the next 3 years to ensure thier work Visa. This might be to start the Visa process for Sizzla. And Yes we all know that Visa's can be a problem for all reggae artists.
August 24, 2013 09:29AM

The shitty thing is an artist has to have shows booked out for 3 years to get a work visa.

Not true. While you may need such bookings in order to get a 3 year Visa, Prince Alla's first US Visa was issued based upon his only having one gig, SNWMF......
August 24, 2013 09:39PM
Herb and I opened that show. Sizzla was fantastic and Turbulence killed it.
August 24, 2013 10:27PM
I listened to the Garance show streamed live and I didn't think it was one of Sizzla's better shows. He was too frequently singing only a couple words then holding the microphone to the crowd. I think he plays better shows in a club setting. That Paris performance sounds much better to my ear than his performance at the Garance Festival. The Firehouse Crew is always great.

Here is a clip from a 2012 show in Vienna. Sizzla and the Firehouse Crew are in top form.

September 09, 2013 04:18PM
Massive US tour coming up in December. Dates already booked in San Diego, Oakland, and Arcada. Hopefully Chico next.
September 09, 2013 05:37PM
When and where in Oakland? If there is a show in chico, can you please try to make it on a Friday or Saturday.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2013 05:38PM by westafari.
September 09, 2013 05:45PM
Yes, please keep us posted.
September 09, 2013 10:36PM
westafari
When and where in Oakland? If there is a show in chico, can you please try to make it on a Friday or Saturday.

I don't want to talk about the Oakland show but I'm sure everyone can figure out where it will be. If I get a date in Chico it will be Wensdays December 18th. The only reason the booking agent is even considering it is because I'm the only town outside the mileage clause. I hope to lock it down.
jps
September 10, 2013 01:52PM
Just saw it's been confirmed that Sizzla will be here in Raleigh on November 20th.

Capleton will be here a few days before on the 15th.
September 10, 2013 06:38PM
Interesting...on his facebook page he writes "WOULD LOVE TO LET THE WORLD KNOW THAT I PRESENTLY HAVE NO CONFIRM BOOKINGS FOR THE USA AT THE MOMENT ."

But then I see three East coast venues advertising him for late November....what's up???

Diesel
Massive US tour coming up in December. Dates already booked in San Diego, Oakland, and Arcada. Hopefully Chico next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 06:59PM by yellowberry.
September 10, 2013 11:37PM
Wednesday in Chico? For real???? That sucks for bay area folks.

New karribbean, here we come.
September 11, 2013 06:33AM
westafari

I hope to god its not at NKC. Sizzla would mash down the parrish!!!!!
September 11, 2013 09:06AM
westafari

Only 1 date open. Ill take what I can get. I would much more prefer a Friday or Saturday, but they went with the people they have worked with first for the best dates. Go support whatever show you'd like and works for you. If I don't get my show booked I'm going to be at the Oakland show too.
East Bay Herbalist you might be a little disappointed, but NKC brings some massive shows so BIG UP's to them.
September 11, 2013 10:20AM
Will believe it when we see it..
September 11, 2013 10:25AM
blessedcoast
Will believe it when we see it..

That's what I was thinking. Sure do have my fingers crossed tho...
September 11, 2013 10:31AM
I can pretty much guarantee Sizzla will not be playing in Arcata. I can't speak for the other cities Diesel named, but artists like Sizzla, Capleton, Buju and Beanie Man haven't been able to book a gig in Arcata in years. No venue in Arcata (or most of NorHum) is willing to deal with the backlash from the LGBT community up here when it comes to booking these artists. Hell, last time Beanie and Capleton came through they had to play in Trinidad at the Ocean Grove which could hold about 80 people if you crammed them all in like sardines. I don't see Sizzla doing a show at the Grove or making a Humboldt visit at all unless its at the Mateel or for a festival.
September 11, 2013 11:36AM
Redwood Rebel
I can pretty much guarantee Sizzla will not be playing in Arcata. I can't speak for the other cities Diesel named, but artists like Sizzla, Capleton, Buju and Beanie Man haven't been able to book a gig in Arcata in years. No venue in Arcata (or most of NorHum) is willing to deal with the backlash from the LGBT community up here when it comes to booking these artists. Hell, last time Beanie and Capleton came through they had to play in Trinidad at the Ocean Grove which could hold about 80 people if you crammed them all in like sardines. I don't see Sizzla doing a show at the Grove for making a Humboldt visit at all unless its at the Mateel or for a festival.

Capleton played last October in Humbolt. The show was shut down at the original venue then moved. Not sure to where. Sizzla also played Arcada for a 4-20 show when I was in college some time.
Maybe the tour will fall though with Visa problem, but if it does go through I'm going to hopefully have date.
September 11, 2013 01:10PM
IMHO ... New Karibbean City has become a solid spot .... I know they just added more sound and the owner and booking agent are solid humble people. They take risks other promoters/venue owners don't take. They also wont be affected by any LGBT backlash. They are truly a Caribbean club for the Caribbean community. Non Caribbean folks like myself understand that and support the venue for what it is. I think this would be the perfect venue for a Sizzla show if it all works out.
September 11, 2013 03:06PM
Right on Diesel...I hope it all works out. Would love to see Sizzla play in my backyard. Much respect for the efforts being put forth by you and the other promoters
September 11, 2013 03:13PM
Yeah, good luck diesel. I man will make the trip if you can pull it off. Respect.
September 11, 2013 06:09PM
most demanded artist ever!!!!!!!!!!
September 11, 2013 09:28PM
I heard something about a Sizzla show in Sactown.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
September 11, 2013 11:17PM
I respect anyone who can put together a Sizzla show. Mad respect.

IMHO, the LGBT is on a crusade to burn down true dancehall artists. I think they funded the guy who entrapped Buju. Bun down informers.
September 12, 2013 11:40AM
Burn down LGBT informers and their crusade for dignity and respect as humans! Fire burn!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2013 05:33PM by J_72.
September 12, 2013 01:19PM
Here we go again!! Ill be making the trod, hopefully Portland gets one but ill be in Chico if not
September 12, 2013 03:09PM
Yep, here we go again...people on this forum making ridiculous statements about the LGBT community.
September 12, 2013 03:16PM
Regarding Sizzla, it would make more practical business sense to remove one's self from the violent or extreme anti-gay stuff if you want big gigs in the US. But if you are going to sing or preach it and live by your words, then expect the community your are aiming your hate at to exercise their rights in boycotting and protesting.
September 12, 2013 11:46PM
I agree J72. I didn't say burn down the LGBT or any of their group. I said f off to informers, stoolies, and snitches. These are the true devils.
September 13, 2013 07:32AM
Yeah I've heard it many times from you Jeff but the FACT is sizzla will fill any venue he books over here.. But this little gay activist group are more than welcome to try you little hearts out trying to put an end to these Jamaicans carrier!! I would love to see them goto Jamaica and try this .. Iam also willing to bet that you won't find him giving these anti-gay anti-sodomite lyrics or speeches at any shows over here!! It's a jamaican thing.. Get over it!! No ones trying to burn down the gays or the activist .. But it is what it is
September 15, 2013 09:53AM
aquaponics
Sizzla killed it at Garance in France last month and it streamed for FREE!

Here's the show though not HD like the stream

hit after hit after hit

and from another recent show:

check that crowd play!!

and more PROPS to BMC...InI also kept those mixes on replay and they also brought me back to the days....

Came across that 2nd one just now.. ENERGY AND VIBES!! I was getting pumped just watching the video!! I have the highest hopes that this gets pulled off!! And the Mothers Against Music of Sizzla don't try to intervene
September 15, 2013 09:59AM
Funny I didn't hear one "burn bawty boi".. Maybe the hanging of Elton John was afterwards
September 15, 2013 10:28PM
I was just inKingston at Anchor studios working in a recording session in the studio room next door to the Firehouse crew. I wish I could have asked them for ya...
September 17, 2013 11:52AM
Sizzla is King.....Redwood Rebel somebody already corrected you, but let me do it too. The last place I saw Capleton was in Eureka, where I got to meet him and give him a pic of my take on the situation. He just toured through there recently again. He just played a reggae fest in June.How can people say Sizzla has visa issues because of LGBT when he has come and played ROTR twice in this anti-reggae/anti-gay era... Calling them "homo-phobic" is inaccurate. That suggests they are afraid of gays. Really gays are afraid of Capleton/sizzla lyrics. They fear their words. Are they then "reggaephobic?'.......I propose a new word..........They are "Gaycist.".....That's my word,...patent pending
September 17, 2013 12:08PM
Randomguy2u, i don't think you corrected Redwood Rebel on anything, his post was very accurate speaking about these recent last 2 years of reggae/LGBT conflicts in Nor Hum County, Arcata Eureka area.
September 17, 2013 12:15PM
Not regarding the comment about getting his visa, but the comment about his likelihood of finding a venue to play in Nor Hum.
September 17, 2013 12:41PM
Ok P.....In life the only thing that is guaranteed is death and taxes. Redwood Rebel guarnteed Sizzla won't play in Nor-Humboldt. I was trying to say that Sizzla-Cap shows do and will happen in Humboldt. He said they haven't been able to play in years, and that's not too true. The majority of times I've seen these artists has been in Humboldt. The recent Capleton tour should prove his ability to play NORCAL. They got plenty of fans up there. But i get his point, it could go either way. Renegade productions was the only one to pull off a show during the first wave of Capleton cancelations. the next time around Robbie cow-towered, but it was the venue's choice. It seems the un-announced venue until the last minute strategy would work in Eureka area.
September 17, 2013 12:55PM
but maybe you're right, saying I'm wrong, saying 's he's wrong.....But Sizzla always has a place to play going North of Eureka taking your first left, right?.....He did say he could play a Humboldt festival...So somebody please put together Sizzla-festival. Sizzla-all-weekend. I'll buy the first ticket....
September 18, 2013 10:08PM
Capleton playing at sweet water saloon in mill valley on October 10. Who thinks that the LGBT will try to shut this show down. Two thumbs. This guy.
September 20, 2013 11:51AM
Mr.P
Not regarding the comment about getting his visa, but the comment about his likelihood of finding a venue to play in Nor Hum.

Thanks Mr.P

@ randomguy2u I never said anything regarding his Visa, I said I don't think he'll be getting a show around Arcata/Eureka anytime soon. True, Capleton played at a SMALL venue in Trinidad (a small town of 200 people about 15 minutes North of Arcata for those who don't know) as did Beenie Man recently, however, both shows cost over $50 a ticket and didn't have great turnouts. The venure they played at holds about 100 people and the promoter didn't advertise where the venure was until the day of the show for fear of backlash from the LGBT community. I don't expect Sizzla will be game to sign up for the same kind of show.

And Sizzla hasn't played up here in years. His last show in Humboldt was Reggae Rising 2008...over 5 years ago. I'm not hating at all, Sizzla is one of my favortie artists and I would love to see him live again. But as a Nor Hum resident next time I see Sizzla I would be willing to bet lots of money it aint going to be in my backyard. Our only chance at seeing him in Humboldt is ROTR I think....doesn't mean he can't or won't play other shows on the west coast.
September 20, 2013 07:44PM
??? I could be wrong but I believe that was the last time sizzla was In the states!! Which means last time sizzla came to the US he played in humobldt.. Give it up
September 23, 2013 02:49PM
Yup and Humboldt is a big county. Reggae Rising is as far SOHum as you can get. Over an hour drive from Arcata/Eureka. I said he won't be playing in Arcata/Eureka anytime soon. I also said if he played in Humboldt it would likely be at ROTR (which is in SOHum if you forgot). Think before you type brotha man
September 24, 2013 09:22AM
Well see brother man.. Well see
September 24, 2013 11:39AM
I truthfully don't think that Capleton is on the LGBT radar anymore in the Bay. He played at New Parish in Oakland with no problems. It was a highly promoted show with posters on every street corner and all over social media. The New Parish also is a venue that host one of the largest LGBT parties in the Bay. The venue is very diverse and progressively minded. Just my two cents
September 24, 2013 03:22PM
Take sizzla off too please
September 25, 2013 09:51AM
Only time will tell about that one iriebarto .... I really don't think he will have any problems in the Bay Area at least ... especially if the show is at New Karibbean City
September 25, 2013 09:57AM
Seems to me this little cult could do more productive things with their energy.. Could be wrong tho
September 25, 2013 10:07AM
I'll bet you 100 pesos Sizzla will play Arcata within the next 2 years.
September 25, 2013 10:13AM
I think I'll wait till he lands in the US before I make that bet
October 05, 2013 09:25PM
My bet is NKC Oakland...
October 08, 2013 10:25AM
I'm supposed to find out if my offer was excepted by the end of the day.
October 08, 2013 10:51AM
Excellent!! Finger's crossed! I'd much rather make the equally far drive to Chico over Oakland almost any day of the week. Good Luck Diesel
quote=Diesel]
I'm supposed to find out if my offer was excepted by the end of the day.[/quote]
October 08, 2013 06:10PM
Well Diesel, Was your offer accepted?
October 09, 2013 08:59AM
westafari
I respect anyone who can put together a Sizzla show. Mad respect.

IMHO, the LGBT is on a crusade to burn down true dancehall artists. I think they funded the guy who entrapped Buju. Bun down informers.

Right. It had nothing to do with Mr. Myrie trying to buy several pounds of weasel dust from THE D.E.A. IN THEIR FLORIDA BACK YARD.

This concept was floated amongst the more fervid JA defenders, & I laughed seeing it the first time it was raised.

Do you actually think The DEA gives a f*** what some JA DJ thinks about gays?? Please.
October 09, 2013 09:30AM
Do actually think the DEA gives 2 @#$%& where there funding comes from??? Not saying the "mothers against music of sizzla", actually did fund it, but that's what's being said in the post you quoted, and skewed the @#$%& out of!! Love how people do that on here..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login