Re: Sizzla
October 09, 2013 11:39AM
westafari
IMHO, the LGBT is on a crusade to burn down true dancehall artists. I think they funded the guy who entrapped Buju. Bun down informers.

Another bullsh*t generalization - the LGBT is on a crusade to protect their community from persecution by bigots. Some of those bigots happen to be so-called "true dancehall artists", whatever the hell that means.

Buju was entrapped by his own deeds. Caught red-handed on tape. Stop rationalizing Buju's actions just because the guy makes killer chunes. He did the crime, so he gots to do the time.

There was a time on this phorum that people came here are expressed cogent opinions, providing evidence that a few moments in thoughtful reflection were spent forming said opinion. That time seems to have passed, sadly.
October 09, 2013 02:00PM
I have to admit my mind gets blown sometimes when I read posts on here.

I agree with Walter. The LGBT community has the right to fight to be treated just as anyone else on this planet should be...with respect and dignity. They've brought that fight to dancehall artists for sure, but also to different pop and hip-hop artists in recent years and would bring the fight wherever they see is necessary so it's just ridiculous to claim the LGBT community is trying to bring down the "hardworking peace loving dancehall artists we all love to listen to". If I was a part of the LGBT community I probably wouldn't be the biggest Sizzla or Buju fan either.

I actually ran into an old friend at ROTR this year and we started catching up. I mentioned that I hoped Sizzla would come to ROTR next year for the 30th Anniversary. He then told me he hoped Sizzla wouldn't make it and if Sizzla did make it, my friend would make a point to skip his set. My friend let me know that recently his brother opened up to their family about being gay and ever since it really changed the way my friend looks at certain reggae artists. He has even sold off/gave away his Sizzla and Buju recordings along with some other artists. My point is if anybody is oppressing you, spewing hatred at you, trying to keep you and your loved ones from enjoying natural human rights we all deserve, then you should fight back in any way you can right? After all that is one of the many powerful messages that draw us to reggae music....
October 09, 2013 02:50PM
"My point is if anybody is oppressing you, spewing hatred at you, trying to keep you and your loved ones from enjoying natural human rights we all deserve, then you should fight back in any way you can right? After all that is one of the many powerful messages that draw us to reggae music...."

thumbs up
October 10, 2013 02:43AM
As someone into the music for 30+ years, I can't express my shock and horror enough at how these kinds of artists are considered 'conscious peace-loving Rastafarian singers' & how expressions of hate and violence have become the 'new normal' in some facets of the reggae scene..... very sad & disappointing! ... my 2c...

Diesel
I am a huge Sizzla fan. I rate him in my personal Top 5. I'd love to book for a show in my town. Saying that I also have to say the last time I saw him it made me sick. I saw him headline Rebel Salute in JA. The performance was going great and the energy he built up was amazing, but then he went into a 15 min anti gay medley with BOOM BUY BUY, NA APOLOGIZE and a few others. I have heard all these songs, but never liked them. When I saw them live and the people cheering to kill gays, it simply made me sick. I have never been to a festival and all the sudden HEAR AND FEEL so much hate in the crowd. I know this next example is super extream up it is what I compared it too. I though this is what it must have been like when Hitler was talking of exterminating the Jews. Sizzla was saying such hate speeches and being praised for it. I know this wont happen in the US, but it will be in my contract just like with Capleton.
October 10, 2013 03:21AM
Whatever happened to this vibe, the original 70's roots?

Look at what Bob Marley was bringing to S.Cali:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2013 03:22AM by FLEXIMIX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login