Conversation with a former boss
August 16, 2013 09:46AM
Louis: “Ken, what is that you are playing?”

Ken: “Peter Tosh, Wanted, Dread and Alive”

Louis: “Oh, I guess you like that stuff”

Ken: “Yeah, to me, music is a serious thing and I’m glad you asked….."

Louis: “Welllllll, I never really thought of it(music) as being important and probably never will”

Ken: “someone who’s been a publisher for as long as you, not into the arts?!..”

Louis:”No, all that is not really important, as long as you can make a cowboy believe that you know his name by reading the back of his belt and then calling him out as if you are an old time friend…..or even better, always insist with the utmost confidence that your competitors will fail…even still, control people by exploiting their weaknesses-create diversions, put them in the ether zone etc etc etc, ….give people opinions when no one asks for them-always have the answers-and always be there and always appear genuous and give people cryptic warnings…"

Ken:”Buddy, I’ve heard a lot of horseshit in my time- because God knows we’re both salesmen and we’ve all had to wade through our share of snow to get to the cabin, but you take the cake. Now your child may not know and wife may not know, but I know. That light went on over my head, you are telling me stories.”

Louis:”Ever read Bernays?”

Ken: "Yes."

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
Re: Conversation with a former boss
August 16, 2013 10:53AM
keyword: 'former'
August 16, 2013 02:53PM
with a-holes like that, no wonder the world is in such a F'd up state....
August 19, 2013 03:26PM
Sounds like your ex-boss lives by the motto:

"Sincerity is the most important thing to have.
Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
August 19, 2013 04:06PM
George Carlin:
"Everybody knows by now all businessmen are completely full of @#$%&. Just the worst kind of low life criminal cocksuckers you could ever wanna run into. A @#$%& piece of @#$%& businessman. And the proof of it is: they don't even trust each other! When a businessman sits down and negotiate a deal, the first thing he does is to automatically assume that the other guy is a complete lying prick who's trying to @#$%& him out of his money. So he's gotta do everything he can to @#$%& the other guy a little bit faster and a little bit harder. And he's gotta do it with a big smile on his face. You know that big bullshit businessman smile? And if you are a customer, whoa. That's when you get the really big smile. Customer always gets the real big smile, as the businessman carefully positions himself, directly behind the customer, and unzips his pants, and proceeds to service the account. "I am serving this account. This customer needs service". Now you know what they mean when they say: "we specialize in customer service". Whoever coined the phrase: "Let the buyer beware" was probably bleeding from the asshole."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login