Morgan Heritage
August 16, 2013 10:53AM
I'm not sure about others, but I expected more from Morgan Heritages latest release. It didn't reach the expectations for their "return."
Re: Morgan Heritage
August 16, 2013 12:53PM
I haven't listened to the entire album yet, but I wasn't overly impressed with their set at ROTR.....too much talking about themselves and not enough playing good music
August 16, 2013 05:10PM
Exactly...way too much hyperbole on their "return.".
August 16, 2013 05:23PM
Morgan Heritage is a great backing band and their absolute best work was about 10 plus years ago when they released Morgan Heritage vol. 1, 2 and 3 which were riddim albums featuring great tunes like Jah Jah City by Capleton.
Seriously Morgan Heritage should consider building some new riddims and voicing all the hot new culture artists. It's their best work by a mile and a furlong.
August 16, 2013 06:09PM
So at ROTR..........I agree that were lackluster for the most part. The first artist that sang/chanted for them was great. Peter called him another one of their "brothers" I think. Also the African artist that sang one of the last songs was also VERY good. Anyone know who those two were? I know the "brother" wasn't Laza or the other one from LMS. Anyone??
August 16, 2013 07:15PM
The African Artist was Aladji Man of the Senegalese Hip Hop group "Daara J" (they played rotr years ago, big up rotr for introducing me to nuff African Artists)

I forget the name of the singer who opened up, but they did mention he is Gramps Morgan's son....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2013 07:15PM by Collie4Nyah.
August 17, 2013 11:13AM
Thanks Collie4Nyah! That helps a lot. I remember that Daara J year, nice african hiphop vibz.
August 17, 2013 11:19AM
I thought their ROTR performance was pretty good. Not headliner material, but good nonetheless.

Funny how out of my top 5 favorites at ROTR this year, none of them were headliners...
August 19, 2013 12:02PM
Gramps son is Jemere Morgan-he opened up when they recently played at Brixton Acadamy with Marcia.
[www.reggaeville.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login