Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snoop Dogg no show in Portland

Posted by Jah Mike 
Snoop Dogg no show in Portland
August 28, 2013 06:59AM
He was supposed to be on at 10:05. He hadn't come on as of 11:48, when I left. The venue closes at midnight. Hoping to get my money back. $45 is a lot to pay for an artict that doesn't show up. Mike Thrasher was the promoter here in Portland. Will keep the board informed on my progress. In the meantime, I would think twice about purchasing tickers for this tour.
Re: Snoop Dogg no show in Portland
August 28, 2013 02:14PM
It would seem Snoop is a fast learner when it comes to the field of live reggae shows.
August 28, 2013 03:31PM
papa ray
It would seem Snoop is a fast learner when it comes to the field of live reggae shows.

lol...........Fav. post of the month!

Booking Snoop at a venue that closes at 12? That was a great decision.
August 28, 2013 05:45PM
Looks like you missed out:
[www.soundspike.com]
August 29, 2013 09:17AM
My understanding was he played for 10 or 15 minutes. So I didn't miss much.
August 29, 2013 04:27PM
A 10-15 minute set that includes a wardrobe change for the dancers????? Seems unlikey.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
August 29, 2013 05:55PM
August 30, 2013 12:15AM
October 16, 2013 05:55PM
October 16, 2013 06:12PM
Ras_Adam
[blink.htcsense.com]

Hahaha his rasta phase was very short lived .. Hate to say but I told u
October 16, 2013 06:20PM
Just trying to make some $. Is anyone surprised?
October 16, 2013 06:37PM
smoking smiley

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
October 16, 2013 06:40PM
Not surprised I said several times that it was just snoop trying to make money.. And got responses like "there's no money in reggae"..
March 20, 2014 11:52PM
March 21, 2014 10:56PM
nasty dogg....
March 22, 2014 05:16AM
I remember the great Bunny Wailer warned us that this guy was a fraud. I should have listened, but I wanted to be open minded and give the man a chance. Well, he had his chance and he blew it. M&$%@*&^()#@ker's dead to me.
March 22, 2014 03:59PM
Probably too busy getting his manicure/pedicure and ended up late. (if confused see the most issue of Rolling Stone magazine). 'Im a girlyman!!!! ( Bunny Wailer was right!!!!!) Snoop Fraud a pure idiot bwoy!!!!! No Rastaman would ever submit to a manicure/pedicure!!!!! A fool dat!!!!!!!!!
March 22, 2014 04:52PM
Lol at the people here cursing snoop and getting their feelings hurt. Hes an entertainer, are you people not entertained????
March 22, 2014 04:55PM
Jah Mike
I remember the great Bunny Wailer warned us that this guy was a fraud. I should have listened, but I wanted to be open minded and give the man a chance. Well, he had his chance and he blew it. M&$%@*&^()#@ker's dead to me.
Hahahhahaha. The muther phucker is dead to you huh??? Lol, why the anger and hate, Its not that serious JAH mike
March 22, 2014 06:09PM
Hey, Snoop! Stop trying to break out of the boxes that our culture keeps trying to put you in! Stop creating what you want to create and go back to creating what we expect you to create! You're only allowed to change if you change the way we want you to!
March 23, 2014 12:01AM
east bay herbalist
Jah Mike
Hahahhahaha. The muther phucker is dead to you huh??? Lol, why the anger and hate, Its not that serious JAH mike

Anger, but no hate. I'm not a hater Mr. Herbalist. But when I get ripped off for over $40, I got a right to be angry.
March 23, 2014 01:00AM
Well if it were not for the pork thing, snoop would be legit Rasta fosho. errrr

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
March 24, 2014 05:40PM
Snoop still does shows as Dogg and Lion. His reggae pretty much sucks though. And please someone tell me why being well groomed is such a sin to rastas?!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
March 24, 2014 06:55PM
This thread is hilarious.

*****/******
March 25, 2014 02:03PM
personal story..

my father played bass as a motown session musician and in his own bands during the 70s and early 80s. my grandmother during that time worked in the long beach ship yards along with snoop's mother.. in fact they were best of friends. when my father passed in the mid-90s, my family was in somewhat bad shape. snoop and his mother stepped in and helped with the funeral. he gave my father, as a parting gift, a large decorated glass bass.. my father was the snoop of the 70s.. 6'10 with the permed hair, flashy attire, and always drove a big cadillac. look at the video 'doggy dog world' .. so while you see all this mix-up and foolishness, there is a personal and giving side others dont see... my family can personally testify of this..
September 22, 2014 12:08PM
September 22, 2014 10:16PM
We all should have listened when Bunny Wailer told us he was a fraud. When I say "we" I am definitely including myself as I was all for giving Snoop Pig the benefit of the doubt.
September 23, 2014 01:17AM
Jah Mike
We all should have listened when Bunny Wailer told us he was a fraud. When I say "we" I am definitely including myself as I was all for giving Snoop Pig the benefit of the doubt.

It's ironic that a supposed ras would post a fake pic/quote about another supposed fake ras. Adam is keen enough to know that the Snoop quote is fake. Yet he leaves a link without context as if it is a real pic knowing full well it is not. The non leading text is an out for him to say 'I leave interpretation to the reader' that's some weak sister mix up business
I think most on this board taking on some Rasta persona do so as if Rasta is some monkey joke thing. Something to piss off mommy and daddy. This whole ras Adam irony is a statement on how most here view black culture. Black philosophy. Black people and black philosophy isn't some door mat thing. A thing where you pick and choose certain tenets and uphold them. Weed locks red green and gold apparel. Then On The Flip Wipe Your Feet with the Other Tenets. Marcus Garvey teachings etc.

Rasta don't deal in no kind hearsay. Back wey with that and come straight if you a come.
Gladiators.
September 23, 2014 02:14AM
BV, Ras A's post was in complete order with the (often times sarcastic/humorous) tone of this forum, so really there is no room to get all haughty.

Besides, Ras Adam's works, both here on the net (the now defunct AWESOME archives) speak for themselves. A Rasta imposta he is not.

I know Adam can speak for himself, but I do feel your post was full of false accusation.
September 23, 2014 02:36AM
J_72
BV, Ras A's post was in complete order with the (often times sarcastic/humorous) tone of this forum, so really there is no room to get all haughty.

Besides, Ras Adam's works, both here on the net (the now defunct AWESOME archives) speak for themselves. A Rasta imposta he is not.

I know Adam can speak for himself, but I do feel your post was full of false accusation.

One of the main tenets of Rasta is integrity. 'Being solid' No spreading of Contention and confusion. For the enemy's works reap nothing but confusion and contention. So a real ras wouldn't post some mix up link dealing in lies. Hearsay. With the hopes of misleading the reader into believing Snoop really posted that statement.

Anyway. Bunny vs Snoop. Snoop vs reggae. Black people dealing in gossip and he said she said. Love in hip hop atl. All foolishness. While Russians Jews Asians all dealing in technical, financial, real world advancements.

Frustrating on all ends.
September 23, 2014 11:32AM
BV
not sure what's going on with you of late but last while on this board you seem to be in attack mode
so I'm not looking to engage you in a typing war. I hope you find some peace in whatever has your hackles up.
I thought that was a real tweet from snoop and I thought it was germane to this board's discussion about his
conversion to snoop lion and all that happened since.
bless,.
a
September 23, 2014 02:41PM
bigvein
It's ironic that a supposed ras would post a fake pic/quote about another supposed fake ras. Adam is keen enough to know that the Snoop quote is fake. Yet he leaves a link without context as if it is a real pic knowing full well it is not. The non leading text is an out for him to say 'I leave interpretation to the reader' that's some weak sister mix up business
I think most on this board taking on some Rasta persona do so as if Rasta is some monkey joke thing. Something to piss off mommy and daddy. This whole ras Adam irony is a statement on how most here view black culture. Black philosophy. Black people and black philosophy isn't some door mat thing. A thing where you pick and choose certain tenets and uphold them. Weed locks red green and gold apparel. Then On The Flip Wipe Your Feet with the Other Tenets. Marcus Garvey teachings etc.

Rasta don't deal in no kind hearsay. Back wey with that and come straight if you a come.
Gladiators.

An example of integrity? Really?

Come on BV; I can see there is a valid point to what you are saying somewhere in there, but it was lost in how you said it. It would be false to assume your sunburned face gives you proprietary rights or authority into Rasta consciousness here in the 21st century, or more importantly, Righteousness for that matter, but your comment about "piss off mommy or daddy" would suggest you falsely think this is so. Yes, I can call that out; as to say, when you said that, were you saying that in general reference to Caucasians? Maybe I'm wrong but if I had to make a call, I would say, sure you were. I agree that there is a lot of shortsighted shallow runnings among some that may warrant a false stereotype as such, but that shouldn't be a first "go to" among the wise.
September 24, 2014 01:29AM
One guy leaving early from a concert takes his diatribe against the artist above & beyond and the rest is some California dudes arguing what Rasta is and isn't.
This forum never changes smileys with beer
September 24, 2014 01:54AM
Ras Adam is from NY.

Peace
September 26, 2014 07:35AM
Chimino
One guy leaving early from a concert takes his diatribe against the artist above & beyond and the rest is some California dudes arguing what Rasta is and isn't.

That's a blatantly dishonest way of framing things, but then you were never known for your intellectual integrity.
September 27, 2014 01:50PM
Chimino
Yup..pretty much sums it up...
September 27, 2014 09:05PM
east bay herbalist
Chimino
Yup..pretty much sums it up...

So you think it is acceptable for an artist to arrive on stage so late that he only can play for 10-15 minutes?
September 30, 2014 09:28AM
I wonder what gary coleman would say....?

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
October 02, 2014 03:57AM
can we kill this thread yet?!?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login