UPLIFTMENT w/ Messenjah Selah, Lee Tafari, Comanche High Power, Lee's Unlimited - Fri. Sept. 20th in Bolinas ~ All Ages!
September 04, 2013 12:11PM
Blessed Love and Greetings to my Reggae Family, it is with great joy I bring you this gathering in honor of our Roots and in support of our Youths! I am excited about the musical lineup, which includes some nice ones you know, like Selah and also introducing to you a very special budding artist by the name of Lee Tafari, who I feel honored to have as one of the Haile Conscious family, and who I see great ability in. We will also have some special surprise guests (some of you know how we do it out here in Bolinas, others, you must come find out). As well as strictly vinyl selections from Comanche High Power & Lee's Unlimited (longtime sound outta St Thomas JA). There will be delicious locally grown organic food to eat, tasty sweets, a juice bar, and an acoustic showcase to go along with it..... Its an early show and all ages, in fact its Free for 18 and under, and everyone gets a raffle ticket.... All proceeds go toward Project NO LITTERING Jamaica (I will soon post more info bout that)

Flyer coming.......

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 09:43AM by Haile Bless.
Re: UPLIFTMENT w/ Messenjah Selah, Lee Tafari, Comanche High Power, Lee's Unlimited & much more... Fri. Sept. 20th Bolinas CommUnity Center ~ ALL AGES
September 04, 2013 12:41PM
Haven't been to Bolinas since 4th of July 1999.
Itchin to make it back.... I'm certain I'll see alot of the same characters .
Anyone know if the bredren Ru is around, born and raised ther and he's about 40??
Any help to hail the bredren would be joyous!!!!!
Chip Lee???

Respect Same Way
Re: UPLIFTMENT w/ Messenjah Selah, Lee Tafari, Comanche High Power, Lee's Unlimited - Fri. Sept. 20th Bolinas CommUnity Center
September 05, 2013 02:06PM
Yes tahoarmada Chip Lee aka Lee Tafari aka Lee's Unlimited! He will be working that night as selecta, a couple songs acoustic and with the Love band -Talented youth fi real! He is also the one that I am starting Project NO LITTERING Jamaica with. I know Bolinas is far for you, so not gonna pressure you to come, but we will be in Nevada City on Sat Oct 12th at the Stonehouse (Pure 2nd Saturdays)

Strikkly, if ever there was a time to come out to the beach, this is it! And yes I know Ru well, and there is a good chance he will be there, what name would he know you by?
Re: UPLIFTMENT w/ Messenjah Selah, Lee Tafari, Comanche High Power, Lee's Unlimited - Fri. Sept. 20th Bolinas CommUnity Center
September 05, 2013 02:18PM
Anyone interested in a warm night of roots and Bolinas culture should not miss this show! Hanging with family, eating a great meal and watching a nice night of reggae is always at the top of my list. Can't miss a full set of Messenjah Selah. When i was down, his song 'No Bad Vibes' showed me a way out.

Love that reggae!
September 05, 2013 04:40PM
Bless up the whole works!
Looks like a great show
World a respect in every aspect to Chip Lee aka Lee Tafari... Big Selecta and Artist same way!!!

Respect Same Way
September 05, 2013 10:10PM
Pure will be vending at this show!!! The mix CD "Natural & Clean" by Lee Tafari benefitting Project No Littering Jamaica will be available at show
Bolinas is one of my favorite places to see a show and Lee Tafari will amaze you. I was so impressed with just 3 songs when Lee opened for Amandla Band at Pure 2nd Saturdays at The Stonehouse I booked him to return for his own night on Oct 12

No-littering-cd-cover-spanish-drain by Pure Anywear, on Flickr
September 08, 2013 10:47AM
The menu is coming together really nice, with a selection of locally goodness, including some of Papa Joshua's True Ferments, which are quite tasty! We will also have his Roots and more at the juice bar smiling smiley
September 08, 2013 11:13AM
I'm interested in hearing more about the 'No lIttering' project, is jamaica any more littered than it is here? Such a shame if so. I was in hawaii once in front of the sheraton, and there were cigarette butts lying all over one of the most beautiful places in the world, kaanapali beach. When i got up and walked toward a trash can, i picked up all the litter on the way there. An employee stopped me and said that i was the first tourist he'd seen picking up litter in months. made me sick.

Love that reggae!
September 09, 2013 12:51PM
littering in JA is completely out of hand... either there are NO laws against it or they just arent enforced
its all too common to see bottles and food trash getting dashed out the window of cars driving down any road

The No Littering project is crucial!

Respect Same Way
AJ
September 10, 2013 04:29AM
Littering in Jamacia ~ Good luck with the "No Littering Jamaica Project".
Down on the south coast of JA a few years ago in Treasure Beach my wife decided to clean up the beach in front of our hotel by herself. About 300 feet long and at low tide 20 feet wide. Some of the Jamaican workers at the hotel just watch her work, I was reading. Anyway one worker asked her "Why clean the beach, it will just get trashed again". She tried to reason with him, but not sure if he understood. The next day the worker was down on the beach picking up trash. Gotta hand it to my wife.
Note ~ Sea currents drop off trash daily on the south coast of JA and makes it hard to keep the beaches clean. It washes up on shore daily. It's a daily job.
Going back to the 80's traveling with a friend on the Kingston ~ Mandeville train she threw a banana peel out of the train window. I asked her "Why did you do that?" and that we were guests in Jamaica & needed to show some respect. She said "The Jamacians do it" ~ well I said "Monkey see, monkey do". I asked her "Please don't do that again, even if it is biodegradable".
Trash/litter is a problem all over the world. We try to bring an extra bag to pick-up trash while hiking here in the U.S.A.
Clean-up needs to start with the parents teaching their kids not to litter. My parents did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 04:55AM by AJ.
September 13, 2013 06:23PM
1 week away from today

Litter is a serious serious issue in JA. soon post some pics and more info.....
September 17, 2013 06:54AM
Haile Bless
The menu is coming together really nice, with a selection of locally goodness, including some of Papa Joshua's True Ferments, which are quite tasty! We will also have his Roots and more at the juice bar smiling smiley

Yes looking forward to making the trip out to Bolinas again.

www.truefamilyfoods.com will be in the place representing with our True Ferments line of Hibiscus and Grape Kombucha, Roots Tonic and a sampling of our other True Ferments Krauts and Kimchi's with the dinner.

I know lots of ones and ones have wanted to link with us a good time to try out the offerings and feel free to contact me (truefamilyfoods@gmail.com) for preorders if you wish to carry something home.

Give thanks to Haile Bless and the hola kru for keeping the vibes not only alive but STRONG out on the coast.
Re: UPLIFTMENT w/ Messenjah Selah, Lee Tafari, Comanche High Power, Lee's Unlimited - Fri. Sept. 20th in Bolinas ~ All Ages!
September 18, 2013 09:40AM
Bless family, some ones have been expressing a lot if interest in coming, but would like to carpool. Anybody on here who would like to give or get a ride, please let us know...... Looking forward to some real positive energy and upliftment, things coming together ina beautiful and blessed way!
Re: UPLIFTMENT w/ Messenjah Selah, Lee Tafari, Comanche High Power, Lee's Unlimited - Fri. Sept. 20th in Bolinas ~ All Ages!
September 18, 2013 03:36PM
I can give someone a ride. I'm out of Petaluma. PM'd you my contact Maitreya.
September 19, 2013 11:22AM
Wondering who is in the Love Band ~ Tuff Lion, Phanso, Eduardo, Toads & Ryan...... for those who know, you know its got to sound nice with this crew!!!!!
September 19, 2013 12:20PM
Haile Bless
Wondering who is in the Love Band ~ Tuff Lion, Phanso, Eduardo, Toads & Ryan...... for those who know, you know its got to sound nice with this crew!!!!!

This show is looking better and better!
September 19, 2013 12:31PM
Wicked band!
September 19, 2013 09:29PM
Bless!! I'm in San Rafael and would be happy to offer a ride in my Honda out to Bolinas. Like to head out around 7:30 or 8 would be great. Bring some green cause we'll be taking Jah highroad. One Love smoking smiley
September 20, 2013 12:50PM
Tonight is the night, so looking forward to this, hope to see many of you there.... Bless JAH!!!
September 21, 2013 03:31PM
Nice show last night Maitreya! Lee Tafari is a must see! Had a blast reasoning with Tuff Lion before the show, his performance was a continuation of our conversation! Messenjah Selah was in a most personal mood, he really shares himself with the audience. Give thanks for Comanche's sound system, the audio on this one will be the best!

Love that reggae!
September 21, 2013 04:37PM
nomotrouble
Nice show last night Maitreya! Lee Tafari is a must see! Had a blast reasoning with Tuff Lion before the show, his performance was a continuation of our conversation! Messenjah Selah was in a most personal mood, he really shares himself with the audience. Give thanks for Comanche's sound system, the audio on this one will be the best!

Vibes in the place big respect to Lee Tafari, great selections and set. Ras Iba and Tuff Lion acoustic duet was great looking forward to the video from that one.

Respect to Commanche, Zoro the bandz man, Luv Fya and the whole Bolinas fam.
September 22, 2013 07:34AM
Nomo thought you looked familiar, only met you the once so spaced that was you - don't know how. We both had our heads in the viewfinder and on the stage! Show had the real nice vibes, should have some images up soon. Bless and Give thanks to all involved especially Maitreya! Bolinas a sweet likkle spot. Hope to make it back soon.

Until that time InI look FORWARD to October 12 an' PURE Second Saturdays with Lee Tafari and more - sure to be nice vibes at The Stonehouse in Nevada City! Be there for another helping!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2013 07:38AM by EvanCR.
September 23, 2013 06:23PM

Love that reggae!
September 24, 2013 04:19PM
from my phone: No Littering (Litterbug)

Part 2:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2013 07:40PM by EvanCR.
September 25, 2013 04:18PM
Give thanks to all who made the trod out to the coast, even in the rainy weather... Happy (though not at all surprised) to see ones loving Lee Tafari, as both a selecta and artist!! Look out for much much more to come from this Rasta youth ~ Bless JAH
September 26, 2013 05:57PM
Photo Album: Upliftment in Bolinas 100+ images.

Lee Tafari

Messenger Selah

Tuff Lion

Ras Iba / Tuff Lion
October 01, 2013 09:02AM
A next thing I been meaning to get on here and say, is the True Foods from Papa Joshua and family were a truly a hit, and the salad dressing, my gosh got to bottle and sell it!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login