Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SUNDAY NITE!

Posted by Jahmeek 
SUNDAY NITE!
April 08, 2004 11:58PM
lookz to be ras michael & clinton fearon everlasting, eversure! all she wrote pack it up bye bye! give+ thanx >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ >forward everytime! "PEACE"
Re: SUNDAY NITE!
April 09, 2004 01:17AM
No, by the looks of it they will both be playing SunDAY...I wish they were headlining at night..........Beres will be the icing though on the village stage at night...I hope!!
April 09, 2004 01:48AM
-beres alwayz nice forsure but would be more happy to see him with stone love on saturday nite. but dat is way off here since dis whole package ting pretty much mash up every other option the sunday nite re-mixx. o'well ites*
cali_roots
April 09, 2004 05:24AM
sundays lineup seems kinda blah not great . no one really to look forward to that day. but im sure ill be feeling that irievibe of not being ready to go home anyways cause of all the irie people.
Iri_I
April 09, 2004 08:33AM
Why would beres play with stonelove??????
April 09, 2004 02:43PM
-because E can add alot+
April 09, 2004 08:33PM
Beres has never sung over a soundsystem that I know of...that would be like asking Alton Ellis to sing over SL. Expect SL to just play plates w/o a live artist (especially since there are no dancehall DJs scheduled).
matty
April 10, 2004 07:04AM
cali_roots, what gives? granted it's not a heavy day of big bands, but, ras michael!?! and clinton fearon puts on easily one of the best roots shows i've ever seen. and in my experience, it's those day's and shows that you don't think much of or don't think about at all that can be the top of the festival.
selah
April 10, 2004 11:10AM
-ras micheal & clinton fearon look to be like they will play easy before dusk. would luv to stick it out till after beres done but im just guessing dat he will play his same old more popular songs that are BIG vibes for mazzive beres followerz which for the most part fall torwardz an older crowd leaving the youth in waitz for something more hype & again getting cut short with no RAS vibes on the final jam. it does not matter anywayz because most people will be blown away from saturday nite & cup will be filled all month just from dat experience. so no worries here. i* just tink it is a must to add a new closer for sunday(@least for small stage). if it is not possible well then i* dont know. keep faith something better will happen. also about the whole stone love thing. well it does look that stone love will not have guests so far. dem probley want to show off dem dubplate bank roll as alwayz so iNi cant expect to much from working dj'z there either(just selecta'z). once again it is not to late to add some style like jah warrior hi-fi did as were still waiting for some downbeat additionz for friday aswell. but dont you tink if beres was one of the guests of stone love that it would be great! i* know beres dont do dat much but i* vision it to be good idea if him gonna be around early especially when the whole dj department is on a way off slack dis year. i* will be BIGGING up rootz anywayz but would very much enjoy some concious toasting to live tingz up rite @ nite. -RASpects+
Iri_I
April 11, 2004 01:25PM
Jahmeek need to concentrate more on the music and less on telling people what to do. Beres over stone Love...hahahaha...
April 11, 2004 01:57PM
-i*+ C u never had a reggae dream. i* one giving orderz here? far from i*. although if iNi had sumting to say u mite B a very small road block for a high stepper. "NEED to concentrate more on music". kool runninz'. >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
Iri_I
April 11, 2004 07:12PM
blah blah blah the only roadblock in the dance is you. Beres is a singer not a toaster. The fact that its a dream makes it more laughable.
April 11, 2004 07:16PM
Jahmeek, as far as Beres over Stone Love...ya mad! LOL
Otherwise I hear what you are saying. The lineup is nice so far, but even with Downbeat I am not sure it is worth a $95 ticket plus weekend expenses/time off work. There is nothing wrong with wanting more for your money. Also why does this message board exist if everyone here felt the need to play yes-man/woman. Our voices need to be heard.
More dancehall! Cos so far this lineup going into opening night nah mek it.
poppatop
April 12, 2004 12:26PM
Maybe the promoter will bring in the Lone Ranger and tapper Zukie to the dancehall. I was actually hoping that Bunny Lee and the Aggrovators would come visit some day.
April 12, 2004 01:34PM
-to much+ in d eye of a missing E that i* ever called beres a toaster. i* said i* would like some toasting. altough im sure with his skillz i*, beres would toast better than you tink. so anywayz just so you know a little bit about this reggae riddim ting, Iri missing e, Beres is known for being in the riddim race. so if you tink beres does nothing but just sing to a hired tour band & crank out personal LP's your so far off(what is your point). hey first quest for tappa zukie here. but never heard him play live? just studio i*dren. could dat change? >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
TR-808
April 12, 2004 01:48PM

Zukie wants $$$ and Ranger has some paperwork to get through before he comes to the US
Pale Ryder
April 12, 2004 01:51PM
Lone Ranger and Tonto gonna ride again...Two great outlaw, didn't have no money, didn't have no car.........
April 12, 2004 02:02PM
"Natty nah beg no funeral, g'way!"

The original Wha Do Dem man...
cali_roots
April 14, 2004 06:45AM
well matty you say what gives i just feel like all the lineup is old people we all seen a million times and theres just no fyah at all. last years friday night we seen yami bolo cocoa tea and capleton..now thats some fyah, and there's no young up and coming artists either . the time is due to open up to some younger vibes and im talking younger than 60 hehe . respect is always due to burning spear and israel vibration. im just saying we need more fyah atleast on sunday. saturday seems pretty sweet .(wheres anthony b or junior kelly)thats whats missing some groups in that area who bring serious fyah.
Stevo
April 14, 2004 03:35PM
"..........respect is always due to burning spear and israel vibration. "

and Ras Michael and Horace Andy and Alton Ellis and..............
April 18, 2004 02:37PM
please go to reggae on the river so you can vibe to some techo dancehall crap theres plenty of dancehall there if izzy vibes and ras micheal(freking legends you peon) are too old for u please dont bother wasting your money on this root fest. we give thanks and praises to the true reggae icons. go to a club or teeniebopper rave and rock out to sean paul and elephant man. lmao
April 18, 2004 02:39PM
who is the closer sunday night? isreal vibration should be the headliner shouldnt they????
April 18, 2004 07:00PM
since when is dancehall "teeniebopper rave music"? You need a lesson in Jamaican music, son
April 26, 2004 09:23AM
The closer sunday is Michael Franti , isnt it?? Personally, I love Michael Franti. He has a very concious vibe and allthough he may not appeal to some who are strictly into reggae if you all listen to the words he puts out you may dig him.
I also like the way he Jazzes up the hip hop .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login