Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

snwmf last june

Posted by wendy 
snwmf last june
September 05, 2013 05:49PM
hello friends and family... i just looked at the photos and wow it looks like it was fun. looks like another great gift was given you all, birthed by warren and gretchen and seeing the photos made many memories flooded back; i had given my translated ancient eastern text bible(Pishitta) to cornell campbell back at mikey dread's florida festival and just now finally got another to replace it so seeing cornell's photo brought all that back too with diane issachar and leroy sibbles and... alpha blondie still looks fit and trim, gorgeous sunsets making gorgeous stage settings that i can't point to one now--oh yes; that sunset showing at the village stage with ethiopians, and oh cant remember name but he was led out because he was sightless but oh his songs saw SO far --oh and seeing ras michael, such a joy to see him look so healthy and regal--- i remember that out of all our fresno shows he was the only performer ever that drew people i had never seen at the shows, plus regulars, to bring their babies and grandbabies to be blessed by him .... karen looks just the same...but otherwise so many new faces and i felt these 5 years stretched long between us and missed you all... but just not enough to leave our jungle mountaintop and go to the babylon that is everywhere but at snwmf, so
... pura vida! wendy russell
Re: snwmf last june
September 05, 2013 06:01PM
i went back and looked again so memories are refreshed(!) Luciano -so true and good-- how he prayed for Ijoice with 2000 people and so great live on stage... I sing his "its me again, jah' all the time, real loud, as i work out in the property, swinging my machete or digging with a shovel; its perfect ... Don Carlos and how he always delivered a perfect show of roots and culture; he saved me a few times... Sister Carol and the disasterous time i tried to mail her persimmons...and gosh havent we seen Groundation grow up so well? ... seeing the nighttime photos i remember that long ago snwmf; sleeping in the marysville camp and hearing great saxaphone drift in the night air from somewhere....
Re: snwmf last june
September 05, 2013 06:10PM
wendy
i went back and looked again so memories are refreshed(!) Luciano -so true and good-- how he prayed for Ijoice with 2000 people and so great live on stage....

A beautiful moment in reggae history.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login