Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise

Posted by DJ Treez 
Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise
September 10, 2013 09:19AM
http://welcometojamrockreggaecruise.com/

On October 20-25 2014
Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley invites you to take a journey to Jamaica with him on the 1st Annual Welcome To Jamrock Reggae Cruise. Leaving Miami with stops in Montego Bay, and Ocho Rios, this 5 night cruise will be the ultimate Reggae music adventure. Come experience some of the World’s top tier Reggae artists as they will perform in multiple venues throughout the beautiful Norwegian Pearl cruise ship. In addition to the multiple live concerts there will be numerous Sound Systems blazing the vibes all day and all night throughout the cruise. Sign up now for the latest updates and launch info.
One Love!.

I noticed that the bottom of the page has a Santa Rosa address.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 09:21AM by DJ Treez.
Re: Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise
September 10, 2013 09:29AM
If I was ever to go on a cruise this a be it!! Sounds like a lot of fun!! And it would be like minded people; not rich old snobs.. But then again it is a cruise.. I'd rather spend a few weeks on the island
September 10, 2013 10:12AM
cruise ships are a scurge on the islands (and nature in general) as they dump their waste and garbage directly into the ocean..... never support these environmental nightmares no matter what the entertainment is on board....

do as iriebarto sez "spend a few weeks ON the island"

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
September 11, 2013 06:44PM
The full information was released today. I am SERIOUSLY considering going.

On Sale now for October 2014!

The first annual "Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise"!

Leaving Miami October 20, 2014, stopping in Montego Bay, and Ocho Rios, this 5-night cruise will feature live performances by Damian 'Jr Gong' Marley, Stephen 'Ragga' Marley, Julian 'JuJu Royal' Marley, Sean Paul, Shaggy, Tarrus Riley, Jah Cure, Busy Signal, Morgan Heritage, Wayne Marshall, Etana, Christopher Ellis, Black Am I, Jo Mersa and more!

Sound Systems and DJ sets from David Rodigan, Stone Love, Renaissance and Mighty Crown.

More artist to be announced!

To purchase tickets and for more info, go to...

[www.welcometojamrockreggaecruise.com]

or call 1-800-248.7471
September 11, 2013 06:48PM
Hi Grade, I had that same question and researched the question online this evening. They DONT all do that and there is growing pressure and increasing restrictions. I am certainly not saying it doesn't happen nor am I a big fan or even a small fan of cruise ships. In fact, since I don't trust everything I read on the internet, I would love for someone who has researched it beyond to internet to give the facts.
September 11, 2013 07:28PM
That sounds awesome. Cruises are a part of Caribbean life like it or not, and even the Carnival Caribbean cruises are at least 1/3 Caribbean people, mostly under the age of 40. Not "rich old snobs".
September 12, 2013 02:29PM
A little outdated .. but

[www.sfgate.com]
September 12, 2013 04:03PM
I believe, at least in the US, you only need to be 12 miles from shore to dump pretty much anything except for plastics. The problem with cruise ships is that the amount they are dumping is massive, and they have been known to not abide by even the simple rules put in place for them.

Where would we get our sea glass from though if it wasn't thrown into the ocean?
September 17, 2013 12:56PM
With growing visa issues......can we see Busy Signal on a boat? ....International waters.......Just park it off the coast of NorCal.
September 19, 2013 08:31AM
Where can you buy tickets for this event ???? Does anyone know ??
September 19, 2013 08:37AM
http://welcometojamrockreggaecruise.com/

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
September 19, 2013 01:34PM
Seems like an interesting idea for those folks who are having trouble with what to do with all their "fu*king cash"!
September 19, 2013 02:44PM
Christopher
Seems like an interesting idea for those folks who are having trouble with what to do with all their "fu*king cash"!

thumbs up
September 19, 2013 03:16PM
September 19, 2013 04:13PM
Nice draw MK! The old Frankie Ford choon inna ska stylee! thumbs up
September 19, 2013 09:16PM
Christopher

Translation: I'm too broke to go!
September 20, 2013 09:29AM
Chimino
Christopher

Or... "I'm too seasoned to spend 2 grand paid in full months before on a reggae event on a boat or not"

But true... I am also too broke to go! smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2013 09:33AM by Christopher.
September 20, 2013 09:33AM
Chimino
Christopher

I would much rather spend that $$ in taking the whole family to Jamrock. But then again I dont get the whole cruise ship/all inclusive resort thing. Def the average reggae fan would never be able to reach these level, only for the elite for sure, especially if you dont reside in South Florida.
September 20, 2013 10:18AM
I've been on a cruise before - I hated it.

One and done. Enjoy the cruise, those that go... Now where's my copy of "Welcome to Jamrock"?
September 23, 2013 10:47AM
please don't u rock my boat.....elite florida hustlas indeed.....It would b good to do a nor-cal version leaving the bay towards mexico and make it cheaper starring Jahdan and Rocker-t.
September 25, 2013 11:41AM
randomguy2u
please don't u rock my boat.....elite florida hustlas indeed.....It would b good to do a nor-cal version leaving the bay towards mexico and make it cheaper starring Jahdan and Rocker-t.

We used to do crazy boat parties in San Francisco back in the 90's. They'd rent a Ferry Boat and throw a house partay. We'd get the greatest looks from other boats and folks on the shore. A reggae version of that would be cool.

September 25, 2013 12:03PM
I have a friend who used to rent a boat yearly for the Kaboom fireworks show, one of the best parties I've been to. We were the boat with the green laser. After a series of accidents, they stopped renting the boats to private parties.

Love that reggae!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login