Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Island Stage, new reggae magazine

Posted by Sista Irie 
Island Stage, new reggae magazine
September 21, 2013 12:34AM
Be on the lookout for an incredible new reggae magazine from the folks called ISLAND STAGE. They have longtime experience in the reggae industry contributing in various aspects including promoting shows and publicity. In January, Susan, the owner will be launching the first edition of Island Stage, the magazine. It will be available on the web and for download. Contributers include some very well known writers, historians and experts on Jamaican music. (to be revealed at a later date) I am very pleased to have my photo on the cover of the magazine along with promos of the magazine featuring my dear friend, Protoje. I have seen Protoje in Jamaica, California, SXSW and Germany. It has been overwhelming to watch his influence as well as that of Indiggnation and the whole REGGAE REVIVAL crew expand and influence thousands and thousands of fans across the world.

The Reggae Revival re-ignites a focus on the intellectual and spiritual side of reggae music. The movement is inspired to influence the youth (and others) to unify and participate in creating a better society and to demonstrate that working in a growing collective can truly make a difference. The movement is NOT just musicans and singers. It includes photographers (Puru), Soundsystems (Yaadcore), authors (Dutty Bookman), graphic artists and many other forms of artistic endeavors. There are many artists but not exclusive to Chronixx, Protoje Indiggnation, Jah 9, Kelissa McDonald, Jesse Royal, Pentateuch, Iba Mahr, Romain Virgo, Tarrus Riley (yes, Tarrus!), Hempress Sativa, Micah Shemiah and more.

Be sure to get your first issue of ISLAND STAGE MAGAZINE in January. Until then, you can sign up for your copy on the website at Island-stage.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2013 12:38AM by Sista Irie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login