Everton Blender in Willit's tonite@The Brooktrails Lodge
September 21, 2013 08:12PM
Big show tonite All ages and price is 15.00 for 21+ 20.00 for under 21.Come out and get a blessing.DJ Smoky Joe Mendo Zone Band DJ Chalice Sky -I DJ kyle Triniti in the house! Dee wills soudn adn lighting 9.00p.m.- 2.00 a.m.
Re: Everton Blender in Willit's tonite@The Brooktrails Lodge
September 22, 2013 03:39PM
Another Baraka disaster.
September 22, 2013 04:29PM
Yes Gypsy a disaster! glad u were there to witness.
September 22, 2013 05:09PM
Disaster?
September 22, 2013 05:41PM
What happened?
September 22, 2013 06:15PM
Rain ,Plants ,CW Music etc etc.still life goes on...
September 22, 2013 07:45PM
The rain took out 2 of mine.. Sad day
September 23, 2013 01:30AM
OOPS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2013 01:43AM by yellowberry.
September 23, 2013 01:43AM
Anyone care to tell what made this show in Willit's a disaster?
I planned on going but it sounds like I made the right choice to stay home.
September 23, 2013 02:09AM
No worries ,he can come again. it rained and vibes were low.
September 23, 2013 03:20AM
One week till the provolt show! Gonna be nice
September 23, 2013 07:34PM
Is the Blender show in Arcata at the Jambalaya still on for the 28th? Big up. "....Listen couple songs from Mr. Everton Blender...." Gappy Ranks-Longtime.
September 23, 2013 07:57PM
Only seven who paid were in attendance when Blender came on well after midnight and did a 15- to 20-minute set. It would have been even shorter if Blender had paid attention to his wife who was calling for the closing song, "Lift Up Your Head," after the third tune. Even the Yard Squad was surprised by the brevity of the performance.

The previous night in Ukiah 27 people were on hand at the halfway point of Blender's set. He did 40 minutes there and wore his "costume." He wore street clothes in Brooktrails.

At one point during the opening band's set in Brooktrails there was no one but me and the soundman in the audience.
September 24, 2013 12:10AM
Man this is so sad to hear. Everton deserves so much better than this. If anyone wants to do succesful Reggae shows in Mendocino County hit us up and we will do our best to make sure to help promote and get some actual Reggae heads out to these shows. Please stop with the oversaturation of quality artists with shitty advertising, stop water down the business!
September 24, 2013 03:09AM
What Octagon said.. Hire good DJs & people that will bring their crowd like GT and stop with the over saturation..
September 24, 2013 04:13AM
Octagon
Man this is so sad to hear. Everton deserves so much better than this. If anyone wants to do succesful Reggae shows in Mendocino County hit us up and we will do our best to make sure to help promote and get some actual Reggae heads out to these shows. Please stop with the oversaturation of quality artists with shitty advertising, stop water down the business!

Same way artists and their representation need to stop book with people who have no track record. What other genres do this? Stop dilute the music. Isn't this the same tour that CANCELLED its night on one of the most successful reggae nights in Norcal maybe the west coast for "better routing"? SMFH
September 24, 2013 06:03AM
papajoshua
Octagon

Same way artists and their representation need to stop book with people who have no track record. What other genres do this? Stop dilute the music. Isn't this the same tour that CANCELLED its night on one of the most successful reggae nights in Norcal maybe the west coast for "better routing"? SMFH

Give thanks. What he said.
September 24, 2013 04:28PM
Once again the reggae movement has hit a wall. This is a full circle problem. Artist that are lazy and don't want to put the work forward to make their shows a success. Route properly, promote the shows that are routed and deliver a show. This goes for all the wanna be promoters out there. Just because you can grow trees doesn't mean you can throw shows. A lot of work goes into doing a show the right way. Only a handful of promoters out there get this.
September 25, 2013 05:20PM
I was too offended by the promoter to go. When a show is shorter than the drive to it, it aint worth it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2013 05:45PM by randomguy2u.
September 25, 2013 05:35PM
Sorry, wrong thread. Apologies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2013 06:03PM by J_72.
September 25, 2013 05:57PM
I wouldnt say the "Reggae movement has hit a wall" I mean look at this week alone. Tessanne on "The Voice," Protoje on "Grand Theft Auto," & Chronixx on Hot 97 Radio. The Reggae movement is doing pretty well in my opinion. Also, I dont think the artist had anything to do with this as they often dont even know the areas they are playing so you cant blame them for that and being routed too much in an area. Hopefully the person who put this on just learns from it as we all have to start somewhere. Jah Knows I flopped a few shows early in our days..
Oh and last thing, yea... Never.. ever... ever ever ever pass up WBLKs night if your lucky enough to get a booking there.. One of the top dances on the West Coast and THE TOP Monday night period (But big up Zions Gate Sound cause you know Jam Jam is right up there as well!!)

@Random just curious but how did he offend you ?

Ryan-I
September 26, 2013 03:25AM
Ryan I chronixx is on gta also
September 26, 2013 03:26AM
Reggae revival full go
September 26, 2013 03:35AM
I think reggae has long suffered a lack of professionalism, promoters and artists. I am not saying this about Rootikal, because I have no idea what happened at the Brooktrails show, but in regards to hitting a wall and the "reggae revival" (how many revivals can we have?). And I know I'm beating a dead horse, but in regards to the artists, it doesn't help with the anti-gay thing as well as cocaine things, and gun violence things, and there was even the bun white people from Sizzla a few years ago. Maybe it's management problems, because I couldn't imagine rock bands are any different with their outrageous behavior. Maybe just more professional management?

Also, reggae is not mainstream, so it does not have the privileges other, more popular genres of music have.
September 26, 2013 03:49AM
They have a reggae radio station on GTA 5, not just Chronixx and Protoje but a list of others as well.
September 26, 2013 03:55AM
Guess what J72....Reggae just went mainstream cool smiley People might not agree with the direction that reggae music is headed, but its hard to argue the renewed interest and popularity.

September 26, 2013 06:38AM
blessedcoast
I wouldnt say the "Reggae movement has hit a wall" I mean look at this week alone. Tessanne on "The Voice," Protoje on "Grand Theft Auto," & Chronixx on Hot 97 Radio. The Reggae movement is doing pretty well in my opinion. Also, I dont think the artist had anything to do with this as they often dont even know the areas they are playing so you cant blame them for that and being routed too much in an area. Hopefully the person who put this on just learns from it as we all have to start somewhere. Jah Knows I flopped a few shows early in our days..
Oh and last thing, yea... Never.. ever... ever ever ever pass up WBLKs night if your lucky enough to get a booking there.. One of the top dances on the West Coast and THE TOP Monday night period (But big up Zions Gate Sound cause you know Jam Jam is right up there as well!!)

Ryan-I

Big up Ryan! Thanks for the kind words.
I tried to reschedule with them but it didn't work out so now Everton mgmt have our direct link and we'll be sure to have Blende through next time
September 26, 2013 10:46AM
east bay herbalist
Guess what J72....Reggae just went mainstream cool smiley People might not agree with the direction that reggae music is headed, but its hard to argue the renewed interest and popularity.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. There's always been mainstream interest in reggae and cross-genre songs, but reggae as a whole has never been mainstream (Bob excluded).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2013 10:47AM by J_72.
September 26, 2013 03:15PM

People might not agree with the direction that reggae music is headed, but its hard to argue the renewed interest and popularity.

Oh really? Let's see: This thread is about Everton Blender performing at a venue that only holds about 300 people. Apparently only 7 showed up. I remember seeing Everton Blender at Maritime hall (several times) which had a capacity of nearly 3,000 and was pretty full. Perhaps the lack of an audience is attributable to poor promotion. Perhaps Everton doesn't have the draw today that he did 10-15 years ago, but answer me this: what reggae artist can draw 50% of the people they drew 10-15 years ago?

Capleton, Sizzla, Alpha Blondy, Israel Vibration, Michael Rose, The Wailers, Burning Spear, Barrington Levy, Morgan Heritage, Luciano, Gregory Isaacs, Don Carlos. These are just SOME of the names that were able to draw >1,500 people out to Maritime Hall on any given day of the week. Perhaps these artists don't have the 'draw' they used to either. But, I am at a loss to come up with even ONE Jamaican reggae artist that could pack a venue with 1,500-2,000 people. So, unless you are including the likes of non-Jamaicans such as Matisyahu, SOJA and Rebelution, I am failing to see either a 'renewed interest' or 'popularity' when it comes to reggae.....
September 26, 2013 03:29PM
Oh how I miss the Maritime Hall days........ sweet memories of many a show!!!
September 26, 2013 04:00PM
Daniel

People might not agree with the direction that reggae music is headed, but its hard to argue the renewed interest and popularity.

Oh really? Let's see: This thread is about Everton Blender performing at a venue that only holds about 300 people. Apparently only 7 showed up. I remember seeing Everton Blender at Maritime hall (several times) which had a capacity of nearly 3,000 and was pretty full. Perhaps the lack of an audience is attributable to poor promotion. Perhaps Everton doesn't have the draw today that he did 10-15 years ago, but answer me this: what reggae artist can draw 50% of the people they drew 10-15 years ago?

Capleton, Sizzla, Alpha Blondy, Israel Vibration, Michael Rose, The Wailers, Burning Spear, Barrington Levy, Morgan Heritage, Luciano, Gregory Isaacs, Don Carlos. These are just SOME of the names that were able to draw >1,500 people out to Maritime Hall on any given day of the week. Perhaps these artists don't have the 'draw' they used to either. But, I am at a loss to come up with even ONE Jamaican reggae artist that could pack a venue with 1,500-2,000 people. So, unless you are including the likes of non-Jamaicans such as Matisyahu, SOJA and Rebelution, I am failing to see either a 'renewed interest' or 'popularity' when it comes to reggae.....

U left off Marleys for ticket sellers.
September 26, 2013 04:59PM
Are all the Marley Family Singers combined, as popular as Papa Bob was (and still is)?
September 26, 2013 05:16PM
And some people refuse to believe that snoop is rasta for marketing purposes
September 26, 2013 07:29PM
Everton blender is hardly a household name, and there are damn few households in the vicinity of brook trail lodge. Seriously, only the hardcore reggae collector/listener can be expected at a blender show during an unexpected harvest time rain event. I saw him in Santa Cruz and enjoyed it all right, but then I like a lot of what I make the effort to see.
September 26, 2013 08:35PM
Daniel

..Like it or not, bands like Soja, Rebelution etc, etc,... are being marketed as Roots Reggae music and the kids are loving it. Now im not a fan of The new sound and reggae boy band movement, however I cant deny the impact these bands are having on exposing a reggae sound to the masses. 10-15 years ago you were hard pressed to find a reggae video on MTV unless it was on Yo mtv raps or on BETs island hour every sunday. Now a days its not uncommon to see Soja, Damian Marley or rebelution in regular rotation. Hoestly Ive only been a fan of the music for about 20 or so years. Im sure there are a few here that saw a bigger draw for the genre in the 70s and 80s, but in my observation of the last 2 decades reggae music is much more available and popular today as Ive ever seen it. Now as for how to get talented and deserving reggae musicians out there, that's beyond me. All I can do is give the latest roots and culture mix I have playing in my deck, to the kids that pull up to be blasting Bob or whatever other mainstream reggae they are playing....
September 27, 2013 01:40AM
I had no idea MTV still played music videos
September 27, 2013 04:35PM
Well said Daniel
September 27, 2013 07:18PM
Wow, I am really out of it - I'd walk 10 miles to see Everton Blender, but I wouldn't walk across the street to see your average dancehall artiste.

And what on earth is GTA?

You kids get the hell off my lawn!!
September 27, 2013 08:51PM
watch out walter - the obscure abbreviation police will rip your flesh for asking what some obscure abbreviation is...

(Grand Theft Auto, as if anyone cares)....
September 27, 2013 10:06PM
tyvm
September 27, 2013 10:30PM
WTF? LMAO! GTFO!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login