Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Protoje - West Coast Tour / Dec 2013

Posted by ulotrichi 
Protoje - West Coast Tour / Dec 2013
September 25, 2013 07:52PM
Anyone interested in hosting Protoje in your area, email me for more information. Dates filling up quickly.

nharris@movementmusicagency.com

Re: Protoje - West Coast Tour / Dec 2013
September 26, 2013 02:41AM
Can u post booked shows please ???
September 26, 2013 03:08AM
Pleeeeaaasseee!!!
September 26, 2013 03:14AM
Pretty Pleeeeeeeeeze!
September 26, 2013 03:24AM
Hahah
September 26, 2013 07:49PM
Plan is to hit the standard markets, but looking for a few more dates in order to lock everything down and announce. Thought Id give the folks on this board a crack at a show in their area before moving on.
September 26, 2013 08:22PM
Guerrilla Takeover Where Are You? Do a show in Laytonville!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2013 11:05PM by yellowberry.
September 27, 2013 04:39PM
Pm sent!
September 27, 2013 06:43PM
thumbs up
Octagon
Pm sent!
September 28, 2013 07:25PM
Honolulu please!
September 30, 2013 08:48PM
Octagon.......I'd like to buy a ticket to Laytonville, please......or Fort Bragg new spot
October 01, 2013 08:55AM
Anyone interested in a show at The Stonehouse in Nevada City? .......Nevada City, Grass Valley, Truckee, Tahoe, Chico, Sacto, what ya think?
October 01, 2013 03:35PM
Santa Rosa please!
October 01, 2013 03:37PM
BERKLEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 01, 2013 05:09PM
very interested to see how this all happens...
October 01, 2013 05:10PM
Would love to do a Bolinas show, but gonna have to wait for a run that's not in Dec.
October 01, 2013 05:22PM
Humboldt Please smiling smiley Thanks
October 01, 2013 05:22PM
don't need to see when all the other shows are... Most interested in seeing when/if they have booked a show in PDX. Many of you know we already been down this road once. I wish nothing but the best to the artist and his people. To say they are the "future of reggae" to me is not an overstatement.
October 01, 2013 06:04PM
I'm in for Chico, as long as it is not the 1st or 2nd week in December
October 01, 2013 08:25PM
Appreciate everyone's discussion and interest here.

Sounds like we are now looking at early 2014, as some big things keep popping up for this artist requiring scheduling shifts. All those who reached out will be first contacted when we do in fact pull the trigger on a West Coast tour.

And, for the record, we too believe the future of Reggae to be in good hands with Protoje.
October 07, 2013 09:18PM
Mr.P
Humboldt Please smiling smiley Thanks

Second that notion
October 08, 2013 04:21PM
I hear northern humobldt doesn't like good reggae so make sure it's south
October 08, 2013 09:47PM
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO WEST COAST TOUR BEING PLANNED FOR PROTOJE IN DECEMBER. We also ask that all interests for future tour dates be directed to the artist's manager Lorna Bennett at lornavbennett@gmail.com
October 08, 2013 11:43PM
I want my money back
October 08, 2013 11:59PM
Okay, well, who is this ulotrichi ?
October 09, 2013 12:31AM
Ulotrichi is Nicholas Harris / Movement Music Agency / Soul'd Out Productions...
I am sure there is just a minor 'failure to communicate' in here somewhere...
if Nick was offering this he had good reason to believe it would happen. trust mi on dat.

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
October 10, 2013 04:08AM
Tahoe City in Decmber!
October 10, 2013 02:38PM
this is the problem. I can't think of another Genre which has close to as many incidents of "failure to communicate". No one is booking anything anymore because there are always "unseen" tings agwan.

There is a reason that US based Reggae Bands seem to have touring the US on lock. Bands like Groundation, SOJA, John Brown's Body. Is it because this is the best reggae music available? HELLS NO. It is because there is no "failure in communication". What shall happen is the notion of deposits will be revealed as laughable. Pre Show assurances will come with "failure to commicate" clauses. People put up lots of money, time and their good names only to be tossed under a bus because no one knows who represents anyone.

As Ras D said, Ulotrichi is a legit promoter but it is made to seem above as if he is scamming someone. IF I am him I may consider no longer dealing with Reggae. WHY? Not because some how reggae artist are not trustworthy and their intentions are not pure but because the "failure to communicate" only makes you look like you are deceiving people. I just recently dealt with an artist who I have been trying to promote (no connection to me) and the artist people turn around and act as if I am attempting to get something for nothing.

On another note....IF people want to promote your music by putting your images on Facebook or by posting your Youtube videos for others to see, they are doing you a favor. They are promoting you for free. Why does it matter? Because no one knows who you are. You are the one trying to break into the music scene out West. Without the DJ's and Promoters you are just an unusual looking person with a heap of talent.. who no one knows. In Oregon you don't even look unusual, you just look like you go to school or something. Do not overplay your hand of you will lose the good will that others have extended you. Artist who constantly mention that other sites/Facebook pages are fake are literally dissing their biggest fans. Things are not how they are in the Caribbean you have a whole heap of people who don't require anything from you but maybe a "thank you". When you come out and make it seem as if people are trying to hustle you, it is a huge turn off. Fans are like "oh really?" and they no longer are willing to do what was being done for free. Just a thought. All Caps makes it look as if you are pissed and that someone has done something wrong. It was mentioned in this post by the person who started the thread that there would be no December tour. Their is no deception here just a "failure to communicate". Having said this, everyone that the Lord we don't live in Egypt of Syria our biggest problems are "failure to communicate" which can always be fixed by people talking privately and not through a message board. Bless, reggae music is stonger than any ONE of us.
October 10, 2013 03:20PM
iriebarto

you're a clown dude. you seem to misinterpret what people say quite often
October 10, 2013 05:06PM
We are by no means suggesting that there is a scam being perpetrated by Movement Music Agency. Both Protoje and his management are fully aware of who Nicholas is, and who Movement Music Agency is, as we have been in discussions with them. The statement issued by ulotrichi on this message board on September 25 was however way pre-mature, as there was no formal representation agreement arrived at for Movement Music Agency to act either as booking agent or promoter for Protoje on the West Coast. Lets not jump to conclusions here, or stereotype Caribbean Reggae artists. Reggae music is indeed bigger than any ONE individual or region. I could not agree more that the professional development of Reggae from Jamaica suffers from "Failure To Communicate". There is also the issue of ignorance regarding the requirements for professionalism in the business of music.

Bless
October 10, 2013 05:08PM
IF it was not for "Northen Humbodlt" I would not know about Reggae music... See The Works in Eureka California for details... BIG UP the North Coast..
October 10, 2013 06:14PM
Redwood Rebel
iriebarto

you're a clown dude. you seem to misinterpret what people say quite often

Oh please do forgive me for using a little sarcasm (see what I did there, more sarcasm) I just get annoyed with individuals that go out of there way to stop a reggae show from happening.. Artist like sizzla are just a product of their environment.. If u can't ignore a few lyrics from past records, then it's time to find a new genre .. Wake the @#$%& up!
October 10, 2013 06:53PM
When the tickets go on sale, I will be buying. That's what make reggae survive in these times. Do good business and business does well. Simple.
October 10, 2013 06:58PM
Straight up! Pay for your music and shows
October 10, 2013 08:05PM
Professionalism is a two way street.. and that is all I shall say on the matter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login