Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chronixx in Billboard

Posted by akee123 
Chronixx in Billboard
September 27, 2013 03:25AM
Nice to see Chronixx get some good PR in Billboard Magazine. Interesting to see if Chris Blackwell joins his team, as mentioned in article.

Akee
Re: Chronixx in Billboard
September 27, 2013 04:08AM
September 27, 2013 09:22AM
Jamar Chronixx McNaughton wrote:
Jamaican producers need to learn how to WORK WITH artistes. I think if producers worked with less artiste and do less of these "jugglin" projects, they will enable themselves to focus on one project at a time. It makes no sense you produce 30 songs annually and not even 5 of them don't get good promotion or even a likkle music video. No wonder some of the world's most promising talent get stuck in this dark ocean of mistreated music.

A next sickness producers have is the one that makes them feel like music has to be released a week after it record. It is for these reasons why....chronixx zincfence and the zincfence redemption are going in! In studio again to learn from my fellow producers' mistakes. I can't take the selfishness and capitalism no more. I feel like people literally go into studio and produce good music to secure a cheque from the annual compilations. We have some of the most talented producers in Jamaica but...musical people are normally unable to think logically.
October 01, 2013 10:34AM
selling tickets to a show is Capitalism..just sayin....Big Up Chornixx.. Taking reggae music back where it is meant to be.. The Top of the Charts!
October 01, 2013 01:05PM
It ain't capitalism til you make a profit - just sayin. smileys with beer
October 01, 2013 02:14PM
zing...
October 01, 2013 06:08PM
Im curious what Chronixx opinion is regarding chris blackwell...

Respect Same Way
October 02, 2013 07:04PM
here comes the danger
[jamrockvybz.com]
October 03, 2013 10:29AM
Ras_Adam
Jamar Chronixx McNaughton wrote:
Jamaican producers need to learn how to WORK WITH artistes. I think if producers worked with less artiste and do less of these "jugglin" projects, they will enable themselves to focus on one project at a time. It makes no sense you produce 30 songs annually and not even 5 of them don't get good promotion or even a likkle music video. No wonder some of the world's most promising talent get stuck in this dark ocean of mistreated music.

A next sickness producers have is the one that makes them feel like music has to be released a week after it record. It is for these reasons why....chronixx zincfence and the zincfence redemption are going in! In studio again to learn from my fellow producers' mistakes. I can't take the selfishness and capitalism no more. I feel like people literally go into studio and produce good music to secure a cheque from the annual compilations. We have some of the most talented producers in Jamaica but...musical people are normally unable to think logically.

A lot of this behavior on the part of the producers is due to how the internet works in terms of revenue. A tune may make $20 per week with downloads from iTunes, CDbaby etc. which is not going to sustain an artist or producer. But if you have say 50 (or more) tunes out there each making that $20, then you have a chance for financial sustainability. This business in which multiple revenue streams may be the quickest way to get income from one's music, also leads to quantity over quality and poorly produced music quickly released to hit the market ASAP.
October 14, 2013 09:23AM
chronixx ala marley bbc sessions....

October 14, 2013 08:25PM
Big up Chronixx & The Zincfence family to the max.. Incredibly talented
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login