Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out MONDAY NOVEMBER 11th: IBA MAHR "Let Jah Lead the Way Tour" @ Hopmonk Tavern, Sebastopol

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out MONDAY NOVEMBER 11th: IBA MAHR "Let Jah Lead the Way Tour" @ Hopmonk Tavern, Sebastopol
October 07, 2013 01:31AM
*** MNE SINGERS SERIES SPECIAL EVENT ***
MONDAY NOVEMBER 11th: "LET JAH LEAD THE WAY TOUR"
w/ one of Jamaicas fastest rising stars: Iba MaHr & DJ PhG
@ the Hopmonk Tavern
230 Petaluma Avenue, Sebastopol CA 95472
$3 Red Stripes & $4 Jameson Shots All Night
$10 / Ladies $5 B4 11pm / 10pm-2am / 21+

get familiar

Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out MONDAY NOVEMBER 11th: IBA MAHR "Let Jah Lead the Way Tour" @ Hopmonk Tavern, Sebastopol
October 07, 2013 11:59AM
For those that do not know.. IBA MAHR, much like Protoje, Chronixx, Kabaka etc. is one of the up and coming artist in JA who a year+1 from now, everyone will know his name.
Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out MONDAY NOVEMBER 11th: IBA MAHR "Let Jah Lead the Way Tour" @ Hopmonk Tavern, Sebastopol
October 08, 2013 09:17AM
Maad!!
@Ninja I couldn't agree with you more
October 26, 2013 10:28PM
two weeks forward countdown
October 27, 2013 10:38AM
Boom! Thanks WBLK!
October 27, 2013 12:10PM
Been ready and waiting for this one big time! Thanks for the work to bring this artist to California. Any other dates announced?
October 27, 2013 01:07PM
Iba Mar and DJ PhG dates thus far
11/2 in Nevada City with Lionz Den Unlimited Soundz, Soulmedic Blesstheworld, Obie Won, Full Watts at The Stonehouse Old Brewery
11/8 in Santa Cruz at with DJ Don~ette G (Sistren Sound/Rasta Cruz Reggae/System 24-7)
11/11 at HopMonk Tavern Sebastopol alongside WBLK DANCEHALL MASSIVE
11/12 at Milk Bar in San Francisco alongside Jah Warrior Shelter Hi-Fi
11/14 at Lost On Main CHICO California with Stay Positive Sound
11/15 at The Grid in Tahoe
October 27, 2013 01:14PM
"11/8 in Santa Cruz at with DJ Don~ette G (Sistren Sound/Rasta Cruz Reggae/System 24-7) "
Bumbaclaat
What's the venue?
October 27, 2013 01:51PM
11/8. The Catalyst in Santa Cruz.
October 27, 2013 04:22PM
November 23rd- Las Vegas
November 24- Los Angles Jamacia Gold
October 27, 2013 04:22PM
Anyone else wants a date please let me know.
October 28, 2013 10:09AM
Sorry folks, but there is no show in Tahoe on Friday, November 15th. On November 15th, Iba MaHr will be at Kupe's in Hayward, CA

The show at 11/8 at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz will also include LUV FYAH!
October 28, 2013 10:10AM
Any sounds interested in Iba MaHr dubplates, Stay Positive Sound will be hosting a dub session on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4th.
Please PM me or call (805)801-3844 for any inquiries
October 28, 2013 02:46PM
Was hoping someone in Humboldt would pick up this tour. Would love to catch his set
October 28, 2013 04:05PM
Redwood Rebel
Was hoping someone in Humboldt would pick up this tour. Would love to catch his set
Do you know anyone in the area that would want to put the show on?
October 29, 2013 10:49AM
Diesel...I have an acquaintance who produces and promotes shows in Humboldt...I haven't heard from him in a few months tho. If I can get in touch and he's interested should I PM you?
October 29, 2013 08:00PM
Redwood Rebel
Diesel...I have an acquaintance who produces and promotes shows in Humboldt...I haven't heard from him in a few months tho. If I can get in touch and he's interested should I PM you?
Do you see the number listed for the dub plate session above. That's who is booking the tour. His name is Grant. Super cool guy and Stay Posititve a sound member. Call him. He will make something work. A Humblot show would work well. Once he reaches the west coast word will get out soon... This is an amazing artist.
October 30, 2013 07:46AM
Iba Mahr will also be up in Nevada City on 11/2

October 30, 2013 01:25PM
Thanks for the info Diesel, much appreciated. I'll see if I can't get a hold of my friend and work something out. This show could do well in Arcata right now
November 04, 2013 06:05PM
7 days - rise
November 05, 2013 08:56AM
Iba Mahr tore it up in Nevada City last Saturday night. Soul Medic warmed up the stage with a crucial set and then Iba Mahr graced the stage for a 55 minute set. Ran into Will from Conscious Riddims Records, all the way from the Big Island, and ironically was wearing a shirt he had designed, this is a very small world we live in. Don't miss your opportunity to see Iba Mahr, highly recommended!
November 09, 2013 08:27PM
Nice to hear Mr.Black.
This Monday y'all
November 09, 2013 09:57PM
BOOM BANG
November 10, 2013 09:16AM
Really good showing from Iba Mahr Friday night. Connected well with the massive. Definitely worth checking out , thinking about catching another show this weak. That said .
How do you not have instrumental tracks for your riddims though? Playing your CD and singing over your recorded voice coming through the speakers seems not well put together. Iba asked the selector to "take it down low" multiple times without success . Selector was cheerleading so hard or not listening / in tune with Iba that by the 4th or 5th time I found myself thinking out loud , the man wants you to turn the music down it's not about you. Iba Mahr never missed a beat and made it a nice time.
November 10, 2013 12:28PM
@SCRoots
Thank you very much for coming out and showing your support. I will make sure to apply your input towards our upcoming shows on the "Let Jah Lead The Way Tour".
Give thanks
November 10, 2013 07:46PM
Greetings Peeps...The Iba MaHr show in Santa Cruz was so nice, big love to all the folks who came out to the Catalyst! Iba MaHr is a stellar artist and performer... madd raspeks Iba!
In regards to the commentary about the tracks Iba ran with... these tracks were professionally produced exclusively for Iba's live track shows, only adding his background vocals to the riddim.
His DJ, DJ PhG from Caribbean Dance Radio, has booked an entire tour for Iba and through his hard work and efforts... you, I and the rest of Iba's fan base are able to enjoy these great Live shows @ a great price.

I do feel that calling him a cheerleader sounds super offensive (bet you don't call Flava Flav a cheerleader... you call him a hype man). You may be right about 1 thing though.... he is an Iba supporter, busy promoting Iba's career & exposure out here on the west coast and beyond... He could have spit back but He is to much of a gentleman to drop his level of professionalism.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 07:49PM by DJ Don-ette G (System 24/7).
November 10, 2013 08:33PM
DJ Don-ette G (System 24/7)
Greetings Peeps...The Iba MaHr show in Santa Cruz was so nice, big love to all the folks who came out to the Catalyst! Iba MaHr is a stellar artist and performer... madd raspeks Iba!
In regards to the commentary about the tracks Iba ran with... these tracks were professionally produced exclusively for Iba's live track shows, only adding his background vocals to the riddim.
His DJ, DJ PhG from Caribbean Dance Radio, has booked an entire tour for Iba and through his hard work and efforts... you, I and the rest of Iba's fan base are able to enjoy these great Live shows @ a great price.

I do feel that calling him a cheerleader sounds super offensive (bet you don't call Flava Flav a cheerleader... you call him a hype man). You may be right about 1 thing though.... he is an Iba supporter, busy promoting Iba's career & exposure out here on the west coast and beyond... He could have spit back but He is to much of a gentleman to drop his level of professionalism.

nicely said
November 11, 2013 08:35AM
Cant wait to check the show tonight!!! Thanks for bringing Iba to the west coast Phg...
STAY POSITIVE!
November 11, 2013 12:49PM
No reason for the man to stoop , the "scene" in California can get elevated to a higher lever if ones on the business side strive to keep do better than the last time.
My review of the show was how I saw it , there's good and bad at every function and usually something could run smoother. If you read above as venom , so it goes.
Respect phg, stay lively and eat yuh food. Thanks for the works and helping bring good new roots to the west for the first time. A lot of work when your betting on the come and hoping it connects the way you would expect, on a first run. Like I said , had a nice time and planning on supporting again Friday in Hayward.keep the music flowing.
November 13, 2013 09:06AM

Yo, check it... Best time out in recent memory. Big up the WBLK Dancehall Massive
November 13, 2013 09:16AM
Can you please email me that video. I'd like to post it for our show tomorrow.
Staypositivesound@gmail.com
November 13, 2013 10:44AM
email sent Diesel
November 29, 2013 02:22PM
I was outta town most of that month & missed his tour, but my wife & friends enjoyed the Santa Cruz show. I'm thankful One's are bringing reggae through. He cut me a wicked dub on the road. Will he be coming back through again soon?
November 30, 2013 06:53PM
Yes we are. DJ PhG is hopeing to bring him back in a couple months. WE will be making calls soon to the same promoters seeing if we built enough momentum to bring a full band show. IF not we will continue the DJ set and try to fill more dates and continue to build. Thanks for all the support everyone.
November 30, 2013 08:29PM
Once again, Diesel you are a great advocate for the reggae scene on the w coast. Give thx for your effort and for your honesty/information about all these shows. I live in Seattle and I'm thinking about buying tickets to all your shows just to help support. (djphg give thx).
December 01, 2013 09:47AM
spliffp
Once again, Diesel you are a great advocate for the reggae scene on the w coast. Give thx for your effort and for your honesty/information about all these shows. I live in Seattle and I'm thinking about buying tickets to all your shows just to help support. (djphg give thx).

Thats huge THANKS.
We would love to bring Iba up to Seattle. When we make the announcement about the tour please give us some info on any promoters in the area and I will look into it.
December 01, 2013 03:31PM
Listen to the mixtape to tide you over until Iba MaHr's imminent return.

Listen Here

You can also download the split track version here

If you would like a physical copy of the mixtape, just PM with your address and I'll send one over to ya.
Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login