Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rare vinyl - what are you looking for?

Posted by SommerKind 
Rare vinyl - what are you looking for?
October 08, 2013 02:42PM
here are some really rare and hard to find tunes. Might be a RE for one or two, but for the most part, only the original pressing is whats out there. What are some other rare 45's and 12" that you are looking for?

Michael Bitas - Champion Bubbler

Robert Lee - Youthman a Fear

Fancy Black - Gi Dem the Music

More to come...as well as an explanation on the criteria I use to consider these rare / hard to find.
Re: Rare vinyl - what are you looking for?
October 08, 2013 04:17PM
Been after that Mass Hugh for a while! It pops up on ebay, but people notice. Here's one...

October 08, 2013 04:28PM
And this one... !!!!!!

October 08, 2013 04:52PM
Nice tunes, really like that Junior Khadaffy. Looks and sounds like we are both after that early 80's digi sound. I must be honest here, probably like a lot of us, I get my targets from mixtapes. Been listening to Digital Dollars by DJ Wigs out of NYC. It is billed as being rare dancehall from the 1980's digital era, mixed live from OG vinyl. As an amateur home DJ, nothing is more humbling and enjoyable then listening to a mix and not recognizing a single song. It is like finding buried treasure. Here are two more:

Bionic Singer - Gun Talk

Just found one of these:
Tony Roach - Big Bout Yah

October 08, 2013 04:55PM
i'd like mp3's of rare records
namely the ras michael singles on his own ziondisc label
i heard there was a cd of them from japan coming out last year
but never saw it
a

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2013 10:36AM by Ras_Adam.
October 08, 2013 09:14PM
Buried treasure indeed! Recognize some of these from the mastermind computer style mixes. Thanks for sharing guys...
October 09, 2013 08:08AM
rather than list my top wants and tip anyone else off unnecessarily cool smiley i'd rather inspire the massive to have faith and not give up on the chase!

because -- you just never know. I wanted this king vupp BADLY, but it was going for big $$$. sold for $475 in 2011 and then just over a year later sold for $688. way too rich for my blood. but lo and behold, a few months later I scored a copy in great condition for $40! I was incredibly lucky, but luck happens, so keep searching.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
October 09, 2013 10:57AM
Mosquito is on the money: stay with it and you will often be surprised by what turns up at a low price. General Plough's showcase LP is the only record I bought for more than $100 and that's mostly because one fellow seems to own all the copies! It helps a lot to stay away from overexposed records, which have mostly been digital tunes for about a decade now. Reggae collectors are fortunate to be part of a very small contingent and there are still quite a few records out there that have been entirely overlooked. Lovers rock and rub-a-dub records in particular.

Near the top of my want list are several of the Roots Rockers 12"s produced by M. Duncan. I have a couple EX copies of Mr. Spaudling's incredible digital tune "Your Love" if anyone wishes to trade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2013 10:59AM by Billy_Boom.
October 14, 2013 08:43AM
Another rare one. 5 people HAVE and 78 people WANT on Discogs.

Tilly - Ghetto Man Skank on the Cuss Cuss riddim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2013 08:46AM by SommerKind.
October 14, 2013 09:07AM
Some choice tunes guys - pretty much all unknown to me! Thnx for the links
October 14, 2013 11:31AM
Well then, here is another one you will like. Extremely hard to find:

Mark "Black" James - Mob Him Kill Him

October 15, 2013 02:24PM
Not extremely hard to find, but this tune was definitely over shadowed by Courtney Melody's Ninja Mi Ninja on the same riddim.

Briggy Paul - Nuh Tek it Up

October 15, 2013 03:14PM
Tilly aka Telford Nelson did some other killers for Sonny Fudgie though I must admit that Ghettoman Skank is my favorite. He is also the lead vocals for Rub A Dub Rebels with tunes like "Africa" and "Guiding Shield" on Action 7".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login