Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lorde - royals

Posted by bigvein 
lorde - royals
October 11, 2013 01:03PM
does this song have a JA inflection/influence to it ?

my ear says yes.. what say you ?

Re: lorde - royals
October 11, 2013 05:25PM
my daughter was watching her perform on one of the talkshows when i happened to walk in....
after hearing the song and the way she echoed her voice it did seem very reggae/dub influenced.....
so i had to ask "who is that?" her reply...... "i don't know it's some scary looking australian girl"

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
October 14, 2013 02:06PM
This song has been overly force fed to us by all bay area and sacramento radio stations. If I hear it again I may have to assassinate myself. But yes I do hear a little JA influence.

happy reggae
February 14, 2014 11:55PM
zion I kings on the refix, cant say i really want to hear this song anymore after my daughter ran it to the ground, but a nice clean mix on this 1:

February 15, 2014 12:07AM
i head her on saturday night live and thought it was bad. maybe she has lots of autotune on her radio hits.
the songs disses raps materialism i wonder how that works now that she's rich?
ona similar note
macklemore doesnt need to shop at the thiftshop anymore . he was dissing people buying 50.00 t-shirts but now that he's a grammy kid he probably wears 200.00 tees.
February 15, 2014 04:11AM
Busy a do it version nice!!!!!

February 15, 2014 09:56PM
blazeiyah
zion I kings on the refix, cant say i really want to hear this song anymore after my daughter ran it to the ground, but a nice clean mix on this 1:

NICE. And to be sure, of the 1700+ times I've had this whiz by(once while driving Delta Boothill extreme southern Missouri the 2 stations one could pick up were both playing it @ the same time), yours by far is the most enjoyable---wish I had it on wax.
jps
February 16, 2014 02:21AM
And the dub...

[soundcloud.com]
February 16, 2014 06:37PM
The Mystic Roots Band covered the tune the other night in Chico when they opened for Tarrus Riley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 06:37PM by gabertron.
February 16, 2014 06:53PM

Here's my pick...
February 16, 2014 10:59PM
Don't know about this woman, but i know Macklemore...

Maybe he doesn't have to shop at the thrift store anymore, but how do you know that he doesn't? For that matter, how do you know that he ever NEEDED to shop thrift? i hope he doesn't change it up because he's huge now, and if he does i will be the first to criticize, but why criticize him because he hit it big? He never said he didn't want that (he actually has always said that he DOES want to get big) and he did it in a way that very few ever do (independent). He also didn't change his vision or his message to fit what the mainstream wants - hopefully that will remain. The dude has been grindin' FOR YEARS - seen many a show in Oly and Seatown with dozens of people in attendance and the guy has always been on point and real down to earth so i have no reason to doubt him now... until he gives me one of course...

His latest music isn't my favorite from him, so i hope he takes it in a different direction musically but his lyrics and thematic content for me are so him and so SEATTLE!!!!!!!
February 17, 2014 03:13AM
interesting rolling stone article on her. Seems very bright, articulate, maybe a bit jaded for 17 but seems very aware of the business she is in and hats off to her and the producer for releasing that EP free to the massses, she now has the artistic control and producing/publishing rights deals that most artists will never see from a major. guess they wrote/made this EP when she was 15 and NO ONE Wanted to touch it...
February 19, 2014 07:39PM
Maimouna Youssef - We're Already Royal: [soundcloud.com]

February 19, 2014 07:54PM
yes freddy c that 1 nice...best of the bunch
February 21, 2014 05:26PM
The busy refix made it new again, the only 5-6 times I heard the lordes version was from JA radio so I think the tune struck a chord in yard.seems highly portishead influenced sound and vocal delivery. At temptingly haunted? Now busy says "push up every lighta", pretty catchy riddim with busy.
February 26, 2014 09:04PM
February 27, 2014 06:48PM
as someone noted in the comments section, this side sounds heavily influenced by reggae music(mad professor)

i have many relatives who pass through, visiting from oz/nz.. they all play reggae-ish music.. albeit island music.. not sure if the "whites" listen to the same.. but still the common stream of influence is reggae.
February 27, 2014 07:17PM
Lorde is 17 and doesn't know what she hates... or loves for that matter... let her live a minute
February 28, 2014 03:17AM
um yeah
she diss minaj and drake....
prolly the 2 most reprehensible artists out there.....
give her some credit
her quote.......
saying she did not relate well to music from Nicki Minaj and Drake because they
‘all sing about such opulence,’
while also saying,
'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant."
’ thats my girl for sayin that
NO COUBT!!!!!!
February 28, 2014 07:09PM
whole lotta judgement in music and not much qualification. Sounds like Nicki Minaj and Drake are not relevant in her life. That is all good but to a lot of people (not sure who but sure they exist) her music is seen as the same thing. Did Royals somehow change my life of was it just another Clear Channel special that was on heavy rotation for the past 6 months?

We will see in a couple years when she is rolling in cash is she doesn't start to Big TIme it as well. Lots of artists say one thing on the way up and once they get to the top... well. I wish her all the best of luck. She will be needing it.
March 01, 2014 12:18AM
yeah radical as a yute.....me relate
March 14, 2014 11:32AM
jamaican response
March 15, 2014 12:55AM
perhaps she a say she nah like the corruption of reggae & heartical dancehall => into what now more accurately should be call gangstahall + an also perhaps she nah like some of dat electronica hype hype corruption of reggae by dem desktop flub-a-dubbers and laptop liquidators

but nah worry ... every likkle ting gunna be alright
March 15, 2014 01:35AM
maybe Rebulation will open up for her?

since they hate Reggae too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2014 01:35AM by Joshwa.
March 15, 2014 02:05AM
I have a mix of the tune given to me by a friend, but can't find it anywhere online. I like the version.
March 17, 2014 12:31PM
As Ninja says she's only 17. What shall she be hearing on reaching 21? 25?? Bless her teen-age heart...
March 18, 2014 11:57PM
fourtwentyplenty
I have a mix of the tune given to me by a friend, but can't find it anywhere online. I like the version.

I still can't find the tune but 11 year old Jamie Lou Stenzel from Antigua will have to do.....

[www.youtube.com]
July 16, 2014 06:31PM
[www.youtube.com]

A foil hat will protect you from the Illuminati, but it won't protect you from the Aluminati.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2014 06:33PM by aquaponics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login