Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sizzla in Chico December 17th

Posted by Diesel 
Sizzla in Chico December 17th
October 23, 2013 09:59AM
I'm looking to get a few sound systems on the line up for between bands. I'm looking to fill 2 sets. They should be about between 15-30 min depending on set changes. Let me know if your avalible.
I'm hoping for people in Tahoe, Grass Valley and Sacramento.
Also still looking into an after party where some sets will be avalible too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 08:02PM by Diesel.
Re: Sizzla in Chico... Any Sound Systems want to come DJ the event?
October 23, 2013 05:13PM
We interested if you're still looking to fill slots...
Hit me up at dannyroots@live.com.

bless
Danny Roots
Squarefield Massive (Sacramento/Santa Rosa)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2013 05:59PM by dannyroots.
October 24, 2013 08:59PM
Danny check your email. Everyone else that messages me thanks. Can't wait for the show.
October 24, 2013 09:05PM
Which venue is the show?When and where can we buy advance tickets????
October 24, 2013 10:45PM
The show will be at The El Rey Theater. Tickets will be avalible sometime next week.
October 25, 2013 06:47AM
The El Rey is a cool old venue. Loved the Luciano/Tony Rebel show there last year. I will definitely be making the trip up from Santa Cruz for this one, too.
October 25, 2013 07:47PM
Jahsprey I love the photo. I'm going to keep that one for my collection. Great shot of the venue.
October 25, 2013 08:46PM
Is this venue a reserved seating venue or general admission?
October 26, 2013 06:56AM
Yes I, Diesel. It's just a phone shot, but that venue is so interesting. Quite psychedelic. Imagine what the big guns from the SNWMF photo pit would capture.

Really looking forward to coming up again. The Valentine's Day show last spring was terrific and the trip up and back was positively filled with awesome Sac Valley birding opportunities. We had a great adventure. (I love birds, even more than I love reggae)

I hope to see you at the show. Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2013 07:06AM by Jahsprey.
October 26, 2013 07:07AM
The venue is just general admissions. No reserved seats. ( However there will be about 12 seats reserved for my sponsors) there is also some reserved seating for The Handycapped.
I personally really like this venue. We have the opertunity to put it at a 1200 person venue, but I don't like it. This place has a great vibe. The beer garden is not separated from the all ages section, so I can be with my kid and have a beer. The sound system is not the best but it's very good...( DB Speakers) I think for this show we will be bringing in a little more sound. I've always seemed to have a good time at this place. I hope all that come to this show like the venue too.

yellowberry
Is this venue a reserved seating venue or general admission?
October 27, 2013 11:10AM
nice.....i m guessing el rey is in chico?.....looking for tahoe-grass valley dj's ....hmmm r u gonna send sizzla that way?
October 27, 2013 04:24PM
randomguy2u
nice.....i m guessing el rey is in chico?.....looking for tahoe-grass valley dj's ....hmmm r u gonna send sizzla that way?

I'm not looking to send Sizzla that way, but looking to promote in those towns and get some people to the Chico show.
AJ
October 28, 2013 06:01AM
Jahsprey
terrific and the trip up and back was positively filled with awesome Sac Valley birding opportunities. We had a great adventure. (I love birds, even more than I love reggae)

Jahsprey ~
The White-Throated Sparrow is back in the St. Louis area for the winter. My favorite sparrow. You should be seeing them right about now in the Santa Cruz area. Also known as the "Sam Peabody Bird" for its song/call.
Happy birding.......smiling smiley
October 28, 2013 06:32AM
WTSP is something of a rarity around here, but it's been seen around Santa Cruz lately. My personal favorite local rare bird sighting from last week (and abstractly pertinent to this thread) was a pair of...
wait for it...
bobolink.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2013 07:47AM by Jahsprey.
AJ
October 28, 2013 08:05AM
Jahsprey
My personal favorite local rare bird sighting from last week (and abstractly pertinent to this thread) was a pair of...
wait for it...
bobolink.

Perfect for this thread........although they do have a different song list.
Re: Sizzla in Chico December 17th
October 29, 2013 08:05PM
Set Times
7pm- Doors Open
7-7:30- Stay Positive Sound
7:30- 7:45- Ifa Journey Acustic Set
7:45- 8:15- J-Ras
8:15-8:30- Stay Positive Sound
8:30- 9:15- Mystic Roots
9:15-9:30-Jah Mikey One
9:30- 11- SIZZLA and THE FIRE HOUSE BAND
11-11:15-Squarefeild Massive
11:15-12am-PYRX

OFFICIAL AFTER PARTY
12- Close
We will be having an onsite after party with WBLK, Stay Positive Sound, Jah Mikey One and Squarefeild Massive. Expect to see some suprise guests.

Here is what the set times are going to be for the event. I'm trying to have Sizzla on at a reasonable time so people can get home if they have work or school the next day. And for those of you that have the next day off we will have an on site after party.
October 29, 2013 11:12PM
Think I might venture up to Chico for this show. Any recomendations on a hotel nearby?
October 30, 2013 07:40AM
I'll be posting some hotels with deals for the show. I think they are going to be about $70 with tax.
October 30, 2013 05:29PM
big up diesel I am looking forward to burning a proper musical fyah before sizzla touches the stage! big up ur dam self
November 01, 2013 12:15PM
Big Up Jah Mikey. I know you will get it started proper.

On line ticket sales start are in now.

[www.ticketweb.com]
November 04, 2013 06:28AM
First, let me say respect for all the hard works in bringing the legendary Sizzla Kalonji to our area, Second... SIZZLA at 9:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is nice to take into account peoples lives and schedules, but SIZZLA at 9:30?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? I am pushing for a reconsideration. Good luck trying to get him on stage at that time-- seeeeerus. Better luck trying to get him 'off stage'. Once he warms up, there is no stopping him. He will tell the bumboclaat security or babylon to step of his stage. No disrespect to the other acts scheduled after, but Kalonji ago shell di place, aint nuttin come afta'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 04, 2013 07:30AM
He is welcome to hit the stage when ever he chooses. However if he would like to be paid he will hit the stage when our contract says or forgo the penalties. Chico is a small town. We do not have 500 people to fill the venue. I'm going to need people from all over Nor Cal to come and support the show. Being that the show is on a Tuesday in the middle of finals week I choose to put him on at a time that works for more people. Anyone can get off work at 5pm, drive to Chico, eat dinner them attend the show. If they want to be home at a decent hour they still can with Sizzla ending at 11pm. We have time for him to go on until midnight, but he will hit the stage at 9:30. This is also a Familey event. Most families don't want to have thier kids out til 2am. For everyone that wants to stay and party we have arranged to keep the venue open til 1:30. To those of you looking for a late night show I suggest you go to NKC in Oakland. There you can expect him to get on stage around 1am. The Chico show will be thrown around people and families that love reggae and want a good evening out.
November 05, 2013 01:50PM
Word

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
November 05, 2013 06:29PM
Is this an All Ages Show?
November 06, 2013 02:44AM
Under 18 with Adult
November 06, 2013 05:14PM
pretty stoked to see the man got his visa today!
Sizzla back in the states... its about time!!!

Respect Same Way
November 06, 2013 07:17PM
tahoearmada

This is what I heard from my booking agent.

"We received some great news that Sizzla's I797 has been approved and all he has left to do is meet with the Embassy in Jamaica. I will keep you updated as we hear more, but this is a terrific sign that we should be able to begin the tour as scheduled."

I thought his Visa already was approved when I booked the show. Sorry if I missinformed anyone as I was miss lead too. This is great news and hopefully in the next few days the final approval for his visa will go through.
November 07, 2013 09:06PM
The El Rey reminds me a little bit of The Madonna Theater in San Luis. I think I like it. Nice job Diesel, can I just buy my ticket at the door you think?
November 08, 2013 07:01AM
Hey Diesel Big Up and Respect.......Can you please post the hotel deals when you get a chance.
November 08, 2013 07:08AM
Garbertron- I've never had a show sell out before so chances are there will be tickets at the door. If tickets start to get low I will make some announcements.

Strickkly- I haven't had time to make the arrangement, but since you want to get your planns made, I will get on it today.
November 09, 2013 05:12PM
Does anyone know if he touched down in the states yet?
He is scheduled to do a show in Jacksonville Florida on Nov, 14.
So if know one knows we will definitely know in about 5 days.
November 15, 2013 02:01PM
Tour cancelled. He wasn't allowed entry and didn't get his visa. Sad day.
November 15, 2013 02:45PM
Yep - confirmed by SPS. sad smiley

Just saw that Chuck posted this already in another thread - removing my redundant post!

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 02:49PM by Dubguy.
November 15, 2013 03:36PM
Any reason given? Yeah, I know it's the INS and Homeland Security & they don't need a reason. But what hung up Sizzla's visa?
November 18, 2013 10:51AM
tahoearmada

Wrong again Miss Information! Your sources suck!
November 18, 2013 12:08PM
you suck HH....he posted this well in advance of any cancellation and when all signs pointed to sizzla being able to
play in the U. S. of A.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 12:10PM by mulligan.
November 18, 2013 01:38PM
he also posted this well in advance of sizzla actually getting his visa...not that anybody sucks.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
November 18, 2013 02:21PM
Diesel corrobated TahoeArmada's post - his sources confirmed that sizzla visa request had been approved.

That being the case - HH actually does not suck (since "nobody sucks", although HH indirectly sez Diesel sucks) but his rude post does....
November 18, 2013 02:33PM
so then all sources were wrong, that's all. he never got his visa, no matter who said what, or when they said it.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
November 18, 2013 02:44PM
this is correct. However, when TahoeArmada posted 11/6 - all signs at that time pointed to sizzla with a visa (as he
gleefully pointed out).

does that mean that his sources suck as HH rudely alleges?
November 18, 2013 02:44PM
Diesel just made a swift refund for me. Respect is due for his taking the risk at all, and having good business practices in a bad situation.
November 18, 2013 03:31PM
Diesel made it clear in his post that the visa was still in the works.
This isn't the first time Tahoe has told us a visa was set when it wasn't. (See Rory and Stone Love)
November 18, 2013 03:40PM
signs = sources

all sources were wrong, which seems pretty obvious at this point. whether all sources suck or not, i'll leave that for you two to argue about. these posts seem a bit like personal jabs, so what's the point?

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
November 18, 2013 04:06PM
point is that this thread was meandering along and HH comes along and poops on it. No need for "your sources suck". Seems
rather harsh. That is all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login