Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VIP Party Bus/ Sizzla NKC

Posted by yellowberry 
VIP Party Bus/ Sizzla NKC
October 24, 2013 09:05PM
Sizzla
It's that time again, Bigtyme Ent. & Productions and Journy13 a.k.a. Import crew is bout to embark on the VIP PARTY BUS headed for SIZZLA KALONJI's concert at NKC. Be on notice that there's plenty of time for you to get ready. We will accept no excuses. Get yo $$$ and yo wardrobe ready to party aboard the luxurious party bus.
$110 for round trip to Oakland, no need to drive, just party on without any worries. We've done this many times before so we all know what's up. BYOB and something to munch on. Brain food will be provided.
$60 deposit by November 2nd, $50 balance by Dec 2. A 3 payment plan may also be considered.
More details will follow, stay tuned.
Re: VIP Party Bus/ Sizzla NKC
October 25, 2013 12:08AM
Worst Nightmare Ever....Sizzla at the damn boasy t broke ass bumboclaat spot ever.
SIZZLA deserves to be at the SF Regency like Common last week or the Fox or Paramount in Oakland.
October 25, 2013 12:43AM
I agree, not a fan of the venue either...but it is what it is
October 25, 2013 03:12AM
Bus from where to oakland???
October 25, 2013 03:25AM
westafari
From Sacramento (Clarion on Arden) to the venue New Karibbean Club, round trip.
Bus from where to oakland???
October 25, 2013 06:31PM
Funny thing about the Regency is they have a crazy sound curfew. I bought tix for Common and was gonna take my queen, we showed up at 10:40, and the show was done. Done.

I couldn't believe it but they told me they had a strict sound curfew and have to follow. I'm so used to reggae shows where they say doors at 10, and show usually doesn't start until 12. I guess when they get a big name like Common, and others, they start at a specified time and end at a specified time.

Done deal.
October 25, 2013 07:55PM
strikkly
Worst Nightmare Ever....Sizzla at the damn boasy t broke ass bumboclaat spot ever.
SIZZLA deserves to be at the SF Regency like Common last week or the Fox or Paramount in Oakland.

Try getting those venues to agree to book a homophobic Jamaican deejay....NOT HAPPENING.
October 25, 2013 08:46PM
STRIKKY WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM .. IF YOUR DONT LIKE THE VENUE SHUT YOUR HOLE AND KEEP IT MOVING . THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE LOVE THE VENUE . AND BTW NKC IS NOT BROKE . THE HOTTEST CLUB IN THE BAY RIGHT NOW .
October 25, 2013 09:50PM
NO ONE "LOVES" that venue... they "TOLERATE" the place in order to see the artists playing there cuz they have to...

Question:
What is the "HOTTEST CLUB IN THE BAY"?

Your Answer:
New Karribean City

Survey says......

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
October 25, 2013 09:54PM
HI GRADE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT EITHER STAY HOME
October 25, 2013 10:27PM
When one advertises a show on the phorum here, one always gets the boardies to weight in on 1) the artist and 2) the venue. I've done it and will continue to do it also. Telling people to shut up only creates adversity, and won't bring more people to your venue. If you don't like strikkly's comment, maybe you should shut your HOLE also. The advice you gave seems as well directed at you. And stop using all caps, you're like a new yorker with your hand on the horn.

Love that reggae!
October 25, 2013 10:33PM
Too funny (and immature) I am not the promoter, am not tied to the venue the artist or the party bus, just sharing info and look how we have digressed so quickly...lol
October 26, 2013 12:28AM
That venue sucks!!!! Everyone knows it on this board. Buju banton to get out of prison for a day, play at NKC and most people would still hate that venue. Sorry, truth.
October 26, 2013 12:55AM
What is it about NKC that ppl dislike?
October 26, 2013 12:56AM
And people here complain about the non-reggae threads? Lol.....
October 26, 2013 03:07AM
Ppl here complain in general.
October 26, 2013 02:34PM
I never had a problem with Karibbean City. It's kinda dumpy inside, but brings the type of stageshows you wouldn't see otherwise in the Bay Area, and now it has the ability to stay after-hours. They have a full bar and security was never a problem.
October 26, 2013 02:46PM
Salaam Alaikum to you to Ali.....really holding htat Royal banner high eh?
Well the illustrious Ali whom no doubt you were named after said among other things
"Vanity comes from tyranny. Tyranny comes from arrogance. Arrogance comes from conceit. The Satan is a present enemy who promises falsely."
now he has said nothing about using all caps.....but let us extrapolate......something to the effect of speak calmly and answer inquisitors with kindness and magnanimity.
If you know any sayings of the Illustrious Imam, please share and I promise to ponder them.
Peace be with you.
October 26, 2013 04:40PM
when is the show? I didn't see the show date on NKC website.
October 27, 2013 01:48AM
December 19th
October 27, 2013 06:06PM
Deposit nov 2nd for a december 19th show?/??..............come on.....I have a complaint
October 27, 2013 07:25PM
Such real observations. Can't make a promoter happy , but listening to customer complaints should elicit a better response than STFU.
Being humble is a trait I have never seen in a club promoter so , no surprises there.
October 28, 2013 07:34PM
Nice scroots. Nice!!!!
October 28, 2013 09:27PM
a few more sayings of the original Ali that I came across,

not the rudebwoy Ali, but perhaps he should read them

"Humility is the product of knowledge."

And.....

"Self-conceit poisons the mind."

seems entirely applicable
October 29, 2013 02:31PM
NKC is a Caribbean owed venue supported by the Caribbean community . And will continue to prosper. My message is simple if u don't like it don't come - plain and simple. Real west Indian people know wassup. Stop w all the bad mind foolishness . NKC don't need it
October 29, 2013 06:09PM
"don't like it, don't come" - NKC don't need your business, the place sucks just fine without it.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
October 30, 2013 12:41AM
Well spoken higrade. Sizzla will prob on play for 20 min anyway with no band. Waaaaaa.
October 30, 2013 04:16PM
Anybody know when tickets will go on sale for this show?
November 02, 2013 05:10AM
rudebwoy say:

Real west Indian people know wassup

please define real west indian people ... does it include old school grandma & grandpa who keep them floor wash & polish & don't deal wit stank rum bar? ... how bout them who go church on sunday? ... does it include the humble & sober? ... how bout them who forsake the boasty boasty & jugglin fi the progressive & productive?

jus curious
--
ps: does it include the Arawak Indians who was down here before us
November 02, 2013 02:06PM
does it include old time people who prefer real instruments, harmony, melody & high 7's in them music instead of macho angry belly growl?

--

ps: does it include the GLBT Children of God?
November 02, 2013 07:17PM
I still haven't read any specific complaint about the venue, just general ranting. You all sound like haters.
November 02, 2013 10:55PM
Personally, I am not fond of the location, or the over zealous security, or the sound, or the vibes in general. NKC is too much of a club scene for me at this stage of my life. When I was young and flashy or looking to meet some women for the night NKC woulda been a great spot. These days I prefer more of a music focus and less of the bar/club scene.
November 03, 2013 05:53AM
1) they turned a warehouse into a music venue. It is not meant to be a music venue.
2) the security is rude
3) it's in Oakland.
4) The parking is sketchy
5) the back smoking area is small and cramped
November 03, 2013 12:06PM
I stopped reading at #3. Most nightclubs are former warehouses, and it's been around since at least the early 1990s (back when it was Club Caribe). The security has to be tight given there was a shooting at the "Old" Karibbean City, so that is to be expected. But you're entitled to your opinion still.
November 03, 2013 03:24PM
Tight security is one thing. Just being a dick to every person you interact with is another....but I hear you Chimino, they are just doing their job. It does seem to me that NKC attracts more of the thug element than any other venue that promotes reggae music, put simply NKC is the ONLY venue that I feel the need to be on guard and look over my sholder when I am there or when I am leaving. These days I would much rather stay home, than go out and be on edge or wade through the sea of the drunken aggressive vibe that comes along with that venue.
November 03, 2013 04:15PM
I'm not much of a club person in general - but the one time I went to NKC a couple years ago I didn't think it was all that bad overall. The sound was on par with other bay area venues, and I don't recall the security being that rough.
November 03, 2013 05:22PM
westafari
1) they turned a warehouse into a music venue. It is not meant to be a music venue.
2) the security is rude
3) it's in Oakland.
4) The parking is sketchy
5) the back smoking area is small and cramped

Reggae is a ghetto peoples/sufferer music. Oakland diversity is the perfect place to hold the vibes. The idea that reggae should be in some safe uptown place is somewhat contradictory to the foundation of the music. Security is rough because it is their reality. Sure there are plenty of uptown artists and events but that is the exception and not the norm worldwide. Mainstream venues DO NOT support reggae, they fight it, have abandoned it and frankly just don't get it. If you dont want to go to venue that has those characteristics then you only get to see "college town reggae" or "weed county reggae".

I personally dont care for late shows, there are plenty of west indian people agree but that is our life choice. They seem to always pack the late shows so they really DONT need the complainers. Looks like they are good.

My only complaint is the sound. All my experiences the bartender was trying to man the sound board and it resulted in a big mess. In the bay area we are blessed with some of the best sound engineers in the world and resources to give great sound experience and that is something that reggae prides its self on, usually. If I pay $40 to see a rock show I will probably have crystal perfect sound, I very respectively ask the same from a reggae venue.
November 04, 2013 06:48AM
papajoshua

Reggae is a ghetto peoples/sufferer music. Oakland diversity is the perfect place to hold the vibes. The idea that reggae should be in some safe uptown place is somewhat contradictory to the foundation of the music. Security is rough because it is their reality. Sure there are plenty of uptown artists and events but that is the exception and not the norm worldwide. Mainstream venues DO NOT support reggae, they fight it, have abandoned it and frankly just don't get it. If you dont want to go to venue that has those characteristics then you only get to see "college town reggae" or "weed county reggae".

I personally dont care for late shows, there are plenty of west indian people agree but that is our life choice. They seem to always pack the late shows so they really DONT need the complainers. Looks like they are good.

My only complaint is the sound. All my experiences the bartender was trying to man the sound board and it resulted in a big mess. In the bay area we are blessed with some of the best sound engineers in the world and resources to give great sound experience and that is something that reggae prides its self on, usually. If I pay $40 to see a rock show I will probably have crystal perfect sound, I very respectively ask the same from a reggae venue.

fuhreal
November 04, 2013 06:41PM
THANK YOU! I am glad you see that side of it! As far as sound, I agree 100%! In the past we have had problems. We recognize that, and have made a continuous effort to improve it! At the Gyptian shpw this past weekend it sounded amazing because our favorite sound engineer ran the show. We plan to only keep improving, and we appreciate your feedback smiling smiley
November 04, 2013 06:46PM
HiGrade1
NO ONE "LOVES" that venue... they "TOLERATE" the place in order to see the artists playing there cuz they have to...

Question:
What is the "HOTTEST CLUB IN THE BAY"?

Your Answer:
New Karribean City

Survey says......

I don't understand why you guys have to be so rude. I understand if you are not a fan of the venue, instead of bringing hate why don't you give feedback to help us improve NKC???? What people don't understand is we invest a lot of money and a ton of TIME (no sleep) into these shows to keep reggae/dancehall alive in the bay. We have even tried to get the music in the hands of mainstream dj's to help keep the artist moving up. Our vision isn't about the money, it is about keeping the music alive. We do this for the fans. I cannot even tell you how many times we have lost money. So when reading these MEAN comments, it hurts us!!!! We are only trying to do something good for the bay. Ali's comments are only under frustration because it is hard to understand why people continue to say so many hateful things when we are only trying to give something positive to the people of Oakland!
November 04, 2013 06:50PM
westafari
That venue sucks!!!! Everyone knows it on this board. Buju banton to get out of prison for a day, play at NKC and most people would still hate that venue. Sorry, truth.

when was the last time you were at NKC? and why does it "suck"?

Instead of being so rude, it would be nice to get constructive criticism

I thought reggae was about unity, not hate??? Am I wrong????
November 04, 2013 09:33PM
Big Up Alicia and NKC for all the entertainment and good times in downtown Oakland. Keep rockin it, let the haters stay at home and hate.
November 04, 2013 10:55PM
Much love goes out to NKC and all you do. Alicia and Rich are some of the most humble people in the game. NKC takes risks other clubs wouldn't even touch. And as people said before it really feels a void for young urban Caribbean folks that felt disconnected from other Bay Area venues that catered to the college stoner types. I have always had a good time here and feel that security is the most on point in the Bay. They might seem rude to some, but to me they are just focused on their job and are there for the safety of the paying patrons. Give NKC another try .... you might be surprised about how far it has come in the last few months and only getting better.
November 04, 2013 11:55PM
The only issue I remember NKC ever really having was the sound, my ears felt like they were bleeding after the Serani show a few years ago. I have Been a few times since then and I have heard from others the sound is much better than it was. Im not a huge fan of shows starting @ 2am just because im born and raised on the West Coast and I get tired and drunk and me feet get sore to Ras....lol. Besides that the only issue is that some people are intimidated by a large Caribbean crowd and if that's not your thing then stop the hate and come with some constructive criticism because the last time I checked there isn't a lot of venues holding shows with Mavado, Elephant Man, Gyptian, Sizzla. Keep do the thing NKC because nobody else is and in 5 years I wouldn't be surprised if NKC is one of the ONLY spots in the East Bay that hosts Reggae events, so make them know what you don't like about the venue and it sounds like the promoters and owners are atleast trying to make the venue better. Right? Same team ova yahso--------Reggae should be united and not so divided
November 05, 2013 04:00PM
Word
November 06, 2013 03:39PM
Octagon
so make them know what you don't like about the venue and it sounds like the promoters and owners are atleast trying to make the venue better. Right? Same team ova yahso--------Reggae should be united and not so divided

Thank you!!! and yes we are always trying to make the venue better, so we appreciate your feedback!
November 07, 2013 03:34PM
Show was announced today by NKC.
December 19 is official in Oakland
December 17 in Chico

2 shows so far announced in California. Personally I think these are 2 great show that should have totally different vibes. The Chico show is thrown around families and for all ages. Oakland will be a massive party for the 21 and will have more of an Dancehall feel. I think the Oakland show will be way more hard core. I'm going to do my best to make it to Oakland and see as many Sizzla shows as possible. Big ups to NKC for being the only person in the Bay Area to step up and put on the show.

Personally I'd really like to meet the people of NKC and maybe you can help me get some of the acts you bring in up to Chico.
November 07, 2013 04:40PM
All theses shows, including NKC, have the band right Diesel?
November 07, 2013 05:18PM
As far as I know all shows are backed by The Fire House Band. If you don't know who they are, trust me when I say it's the perfect band for him. They are regular studio and touring bands for artist like Sizzla and Luciano. This tour was put together proper and costs a lot of us promoters. This will be a very High Grade Show without a doubt. One thing I am excited for is I have a crew of 12 on my list. I'm hopeing Sizzla will be bringing some hot new artists from Judment Yard to showcase us. I can not say enough about this tour. DONT MISS IT.
November 07, 2013 05:26PM
Sweet thanks Diesel that's what I thought but they don't say anything about a band on the NKC website. If it was me I would be sure to say there is a band because it adds a lot to the show in my opinion. Either way it's a show not to be missed, got my tickets already.
November 07, 2013 07:59PM
I asked, and they say there will be a live band at NKC....
November 08, 2013 12:53AM
I saw Alborosie and Protoje at NKC, and for sure I'll be at the Sizzla show as well. I am not sure why people complaint about this venue, I mean yeah, it is not the best venue in the bay area, but it is one of the only few venue still bring us some good reggae music. I never had any problems with security guards, for the Protoje show they let me in with an expire I.D. (security guard did think about for a minute before letting me in). The Bartenders are super chill and friendly, I've never had my car broken into. We should be grateful that venues like NKC still exist and still support reggae music. That's what reggae is all about, UNITY.
November 08, 2013 07:55AM
It's supposed to be a band show but not announcing it until some of his band members get their visa situation cleared

Just don't want to put it as a band show and their visas fall though, there's enuff hate on the venue last thing I want is for them to say false advertising- bless
November 09, 2013 06:27PM
Wasn't there an Arcata show in the mix? Anyone have any word if Sizzla will be able to perform up there?
November 10, 2013 06:13AM

"…..always remember"
November 11, 2013 03:13PM
Reggabe
Wasn't there an Arcata show in the mix? Anyone have any word if Sizzla will be able to perform up there?

Yeah, what's the word on this? Anybody here know?
November 11, 2013 07:17PM
I have heard there is a show in Arcada at a 200 person venue. Being such a small venue it is sure to sell out fast. Being Arcada and the Boycott of venues for artists like Sizzla and Caplton they might be waiting to announce it till a couple weeks before. The Caplton show was set, then canncelled and changed to a secret location that was announce the day of the show. Was anyone at that show? Where was it?
Then again maybe they just couldn't make it work. If you want to make sure not to miss him you might just want to get a ticket to one of announced show. Make it a mini vacation in either Oakland or Chico. If you want a party vibe go to Oakland, if you want a family vibe come up to Chico. All the shows will be great no matter where you see him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 07:18PM by Diesel.
November 11, 2013 07:23PM
Planning a mini vacation tour that week. Already have tickets to both Chico and Oakland shows. smiling smiley Thanks to you Diesel and NKC!
November 12, 2013 03:48PM
OK here is the latest info I have on an Arcada show. A person that lives in Arcada has paid the deposit. My agent doesn't know if the show is in Arcada but should be that general area. I don't know the date and they don't want to release it until the promoters does. Keep your ears open, if I hear more I will let people know. Also some So Cal shows are trying to be added too.
November 12, 2013 06:43PM
It's Arcata. with a t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 06:44PM by Mr.P.
November 14, 2013 02:20PM
So it seems that Mavado show last year, which was a great show, really was the show to end all shows.
November 15, 2013 07:07AM
Sizzla at NKC Dec.19. 2013- Get tickets before it's too late!

CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS NOW

[nkcoakland.com]

WHO CARES WHAT VENUE IT'S AT??? IT'S SIZZLA!!!! THAT'S ALL THAT MATERS!

ONE LOVE
November 15, 2013 08:35PM
19Broadway
Get tickets before its too late!

Befiore its too late........before its too late to get ripped off.
Why are you starting to try to collect $43 a ticket for a show that is currently in question and will most likely be cancelled.
November 15, 2013 09:32PM
19broadway
WHO CARES

ONE LOVE
November 15, 2013 09:57PM
posted on facebook earlier today:

I am in no way a spokesperson for Sizzla. Also keep in mind that things can change quickly when applying for a US visa in Jamaica.
That being said, Sizzla was finally granted a US visa interview this morning; he was denied once again. He's more than ready for a US tour; the US is obviously not ready for him. It is entirely out of his control.
I only post this because I have many friends that are involved in booking him; from the east coast to the west coast and in between.
I'm in the countryside of Jamaica and don't have much internet service so please don't inundate me with a whole heap of questions and such; I won't be responding. Everything that you need to know is within this message. Manners and respect.

source: https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.dubey

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
November 17, 2013 12:31AM
The bus to NKC is on the ROAD TO NO WHERE!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login