Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Josey Wales, Charlie Chaplin & General Trees

Posted by Daniel 
Josey Wales, Charlie Chaplin & General Trees
November 08, 2013 07:48AM
Inna New York tomorrow night along with Yellowman, Briggy, U-Roy and more

Would sure be nice to get those 3 artists at SNWMF for the first time.....!
Re: Josey Wales, Charlie Chaplin & General Trees
November 08, 2013 08:07AM
Daniel
Would sure be nice to get those 3 artists at SNWMF for the first time.....!

would sure be nice to get that whole lineup at SWNMF.....
November 08, 2013 08:37AM
Colossal line up!
November 08, 2013 09:33AM
Massive line up....that would be an awesome Saturday night come summer 2014 inna Boomville!!!!
AJ
November 08, 2013 10:01AM
Looks like U Roy is back in action....................that's good.
November 08, 2013 10:07AM
Here's the flyer with the sounds:

It looks like Josey got back him visa. That lineup is wicked.
November 08, 2013 11:45AM
Wish I had seen something for this ahead of time. Could have potentially merited a trip to NY had there been time to plan
November 08, 2013 01:46PM
UUUGh, flying out there on Monday morning, Bring this show to CALIFORNIA, wasabi???
November 08, 2013 01:58PM
yes please.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
November 13, 2013 02:25PM
That would make for a sweet SNWMF 2014
November 16, 2013 03:16PM
WE'd be awash in culture DJs with this line-up. And I KEEP SAYING General Trees has it to be the knock-out surprise hit of the fest. Few know him, or what he is capable of doing on the mike...
November 19, 2013 06:59PM
i keep hearing that Trees is in fine form. and i'd love to see Jack Scorpio come select @ SNWMF too, soooo...

anyway apparently Josey made it into the US but did not appear at this show.
November 22, 2013 10:59AM
Big forward to SNWMF! Just saw U-Roy in Santa Monica on the pier.......BOOM! Niceness is all I can say, first time seeing him and was not disappointed.

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
November 22, 2013 11:40AM
Nice to see U-Roy back in the mix and how is it that neither Charlie Chaplin nor General Trees have blessed Northern California....?

November 22, 2013 12:39PM
Daniel
Nice to see U-Roy back in the mix and how is it that neither Charlie Chaplin nor General Trees have blessed Northern California....?

faulty SNWMF booking?

eye popping smiley
November 22, 2013 02:28PM
DANG, Club Amazura has some big shows coming up too, I am hearing some big ads on the radio with madd Jaimacians coming thru, check it if you are in the area
November 22, 2013 06:02PM
thanks for posting d... man trees sounds rough to me but Chaplin sounds great. he and Johnny O are good as ever.

Daniel

November 22, 2013 06:39PM
so nice
... man trees sounds rough to me but Chaplin sounds great. he and Johnny O are good as ever.

Yeah. And Briggy always suprises. In part 5 he dusts off this one to the delight of the veterans. Ultra classicsmiling smiley

November 22, 2013 08:51PM
I LOVE Briggy, and Luciano and U-Roy as well. I only mentioned the others because it would be nice to see some new DJs inna Boonville next June.....
November 23, 2013 08:29AM
Wow! These videos are CRUCIAL!!!! What the I would have given to be inna the place to see these masters toasting and bubbling in the old stylie. So nice, such respect for one another and as they say, Jah come first and everything after....seen! Chaplin sounded well nice, I was impressed how much mic time Luci got amongst these greats, but then again he's probably got one of the best voices of the crew. I would've liked to see Daddy U Roy nice the mic a bit more but just his cool presence and style was grace enough. General Trees did sound a bit rough but his style is nice. I actually though Briggys voice and flow sounded a bit off in both videos. Who was the bredda with the wrap, glasses and suit? Not very impressive.

Anyhow Daniel, forward Chaplin and Josey, both would be such a blessing at Snwmf. This type of show inna Cali would blow up, packed to the roof I a say. Forward roots dj and singa!!! More life and respect due
December 03, 2013 04:24AM
December 09, 2013 09:42AM
General Trees is truly one of the best rub-a-dub djs. He does indeed sound rough and ready from those Rewind videos. All the djs sounded great to me, in fact.

Josey Wales really surprised me with his new Roll like Lion single on Roots Garden and to a lesser extent with his song on the Foundation Come Again set. I've always found him really consistent but not too innovative. But if he can follow up with more tracks like Roll Like Lion I might have to reevaluate him! One of the best songs from a really great year in reggae. Bring on the outlaw!

Charlie Chaplin is a wicked entertainer too: a cultural chatter that can rock the mike well viciously. We can only hope he still busts out some breakdance moves, or dances "pon him head" as Brigadier Jerry describes it disdainfully in a Small Axe interview.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 10:08AM by Billy_Boom.
December 09, 2013 04:59PM
Josey Wales on live on the air now (look at time i post this) w. Rob Kenner [www.radiolily.com]
December 10, 2013 05:07AM
rob, night nurse, josey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login