Andrae Carter - Ukiah Brewing Company
November 12, 2013 02:06PM
This Saturday Night!!! Nov. 16th 10pm Ukiah Brewing Company

Andrae Carter Live Electric Acoustic Showcase - performing songs from his upcoming debut album "Music My Mission".

Smokin'Joe spinnin reggae for the the early warm up set.

Andrae Carter "Music My Mission"

Known in the music industry for his artistry as a lead rhythm guitarist, Andrae Carter has
toured the world parlaying his talents with such artists as Nas & Damian Marley ('Distant Relatives' World Tour), Romain Virgo (Summer 2013 European Tour) Jah Cure and Duane Stephenson (South America & the Caribbean) as well as with top selling Reggae artists such as Jr. Kelly, Warrior King, Spragga Benz, Tami Chynn and the legendary Toots and the Maytals. For years Andrae "Wang" Carter has lent the sounds of his strings to various projects like "Affairs of the Heart" and "My Generation" on albums such as “Distant Relatives” Damian Marley, Nas, Lil Wayne and Joss Stone and many chart topping records out of Jamaica. While at home in Jamaica, he spends much of his time recording his own solo projects, performing and recording with his contemporaries and balancing life with hobbies such as fishing, soccer and farming.

Born and raised on the musical island of Jamaica, Andrae naturally gravitated towards music. After receiving his first guitar from his father at age 16, his uncles taught him to play the stringed instrument and he hasn’t stopped playing it since. Andrae took his musical education one step further and attended the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts wherein he studied music theory and obtained his ABRSM certification. While at college, with his classmates, he formed the band Further Notice from which his current single and video "In This World" was created. He went on to teach elementary music at Prep schools throughout Kingston while touring and doing shows with Spragga Benz, Warrior King and Lt. Stichie until the destined day when he was urged to go and audition to become a member of Damian Marley’s band. After four years of working as Damian Marley’s lead rhythm guitarist and touring the world with the Nas and Damian Marley Distant Relatives World Tour show, Andrae made the bold decision to embark on his solo career focusing on his music, his mission, his musical kingdom.

Currently, Andrae Carter has laid the foundation for his company The House of Carter, thus expanding his musical kingdom to include the release of his debut album "Music My Mission" (release date TBA). Having released his music video for his single 'In This World' which is in rotation on Tempo Networks in the Caribbean, Andrae Carter has gained international recognition and received great reviews for his hit song on the 'Heart & Soul' Riddim Vol. 1 and it’s official music video. The House of Carter will be the place where many great projects are built, from charity organizations to producing great music. Music with a meaningful mission is Andrae Carter’s calling and his “Music My Mission” album will be a musical breath of fresh air for all who are listening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 02:14PM by irie411.
Re: Andrae Carter - Ukiah Brewing Company
November 17, 2013 06:35AM
anybody go?
show review?
how was it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login