Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sizzla shows cancelled???

Posted by yellowberry 
Sizzla shows cancelled???
November 15, 2013 07:44PM
Is it true that all US shows are cancelled because he can't get his visa? I've heard two ppl report this so far.
Re: Sizzla shows cancelled???
November 15, 2013 08:59PM
What a horrible way to wake up.

Folks,

Sorry for the mass email but I am beside myself. In 15 years of agenting and working with International artists from every area of the world, I have never seen anything so screwed up as this mess with Sizzla's immigration. Sizzla, Myself, His Lawyer were all promised the moon and the stars when we began booking this tour. We were so careful that we allowed a 3 month leeway to secure all the appropriate Visas beyond when the immigration attorney said she would have them. . He was given his I129 and O1-B Status and all was presented as well. In short, the interview today did not go well and they denied his entry into America.

It is not a dead issue, but I am no longer comfortable waiting and seeing. What I would like to do is postpone the tour and look at rebooking it for February and MArch. In the meantime once he does gain entrance into the states, we will fly him over to do a national press release on the tour and explain how all of the promoters on this tour were so supportive and patient with the process.

I am deeply saddened by the news and I can say this is one of the worst weeks in my career. I would like to speak with each and every one of you and welcome a call. For the sake of alleviating some stress right now, I ask that we at least wait until monday to speak. I am at a loss for words and very upset. My company worked very very very hard and was given some unfair guidance and as a result we as you are left holding the bulk of this disaster. I am confident in Sizzla and I do really like he and his management team. They are good people and we expect that this will be a very lucrative tour in MArch and April. We are hoping to have his clearances overturned in the coming week or two. I really need to be extra careful and limit any more last minute cancellations. I hope you understand and we will be in touch next week.

Stephen Brush
INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS AGENCY
November 15, 2013 10:00PM
seriously is this a suprise to anyone?
November 16, 2013 12:58AM
I'm curious, does Sizzla have a criminal past, as far as an actual record? I can't imagine it's because of his anti-gay stance, as there are plenty of anti-gay folks right here. Just trying to suss out the situation before conspiracy theories about gay folks by the homophobes.

Lawyers on the forum, opinion?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2013 01:01AM by J_72.
November 16, 2013 01:57AM
SO SAD to read this, had heard he was coming through the NW and was looking forward to catching him for the first time. Someday soon I am sure. Diesel thank you for the heartfelt message, I can tell you have put ALOT of work into this and are deeply saddened. I am sure in the end all things will work out for the best.
November 16, 2013 05:05AM

I'm curious, does Sizzla have a criminal past, as far as an actual record?

Given that he got up to the 'interview' portion of the Visa obtaining process, I would presume not, at least nothing here in the US that would prevent his getting one....
November 16, 2013 03:01PM
To quote Stephen Brush above of the INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS AGENCY......."Sizzla, Myself, His Lawyer were all promised the moon and the stars when we began booking this tour."
Npw that right there is a COMPLETE CROCK OF SHITE because it has always been rasta who chanted "A promise is a comfort to a fool." Seriously.
A PROMISE IS A COMFORT TO A FOOL!!!!!
November 16, 2013 03:37PM
How does one fail an interview?

Rob
November 16, 2013 03:58PM
Interviewer: Have you ever smoked marijuana?

Sizzla: Uhh......

Interviewer: Wrong answer, seee ya!

Love that reggae!
November 16, 2013 07:17PM
He's not exactly an innocent victim / Rastaman. Past gun charges and questionable ties probably had more to do with his denial than marijauna...

<[touch.hiphopwired.com];
November 16, 2013 09:19PM
He's loosing so much money (and fans) by not being able to tour the US. Sad, really sad.
November 16, 2013 10:28PM
You reap what you sow, I guess.
November 16, 2013 11:18PM
Questionable ties? You don't make it (alive) as an artist in Kingston without some badman ties/protection along the way. Luciano had the same charges come his way awhile back.
November 17, 2013 12:05AM
I'm pretty sure Luciano wasn't storing up weapons and controlling neighborhoods like a gangster bad man. Why do reggae fans continually make excuses for this behavior?
November 17, 2013 12:27AM
Stop campaigning against hard working reggae artists because of your own personal preference and politics.
That being said the fact that everyone has been so clueless about this is well....telltale of the state of confusion that permeates our society.
November 17, 2013 01:52AM
Yeah, I'm out campaigning hard against Sizzla, Strikkly, smh....

That being said, there are plenty of hard working Jamaican artists who have no visa issues because their actions speak louder than their words.
November 17, 2013 04:16AM
nomotrouble
Interviewer: Have you ever smoked marijuana?

Sizzla: Uhh......

Interviewer: Wrong answer, seee ya!

thumbs up HAHA!

happy reggae
November 17, 2013 04:16AM
Seems IMO that your taking this opportunity to gloat a bit in this thread J_72, with regards to these cancelled shows.
November 17, 2013 12:03PM
Not gloating at all Iyah. I asked a simple question regarding his visa and have been responding to those responding to me. If ones are going to play him as an innocent victim than I will bring up his not so innocent actions.
November 17, 2013 04:27PM
J72 maybe you have some proof of what you are saying? The article you attached above says absolutely nothing.
November 17, 2013 05:00PM
There's gotta be some good jokes outta this whole thing - especially Bobo jokes...

-----

Interviewer 1 speaking to Interviewer 2 after Sizzla leaves the room:

#1 What do you think? You think this guy is trustworthy enough to be granted a visa?

#2 Wellllll, not really.

#1 No - why not?

#2 I don't know..... I just get a feeling this Sizzla fella isn't 'wrapped too tight'...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

-----

Ok, ok, I'll go get my robe...
November 17, 2013 10:54PM
I've been getting a lot of people saying "I TOLD YOU SO." And you know what I don't really care. If I get offered this tour again IM going to book it, put a deposit and promote it strong. Am I mad this tour is cancelled. Mad is an understatement, and its more disapointment than anger. For all the people that Stayed Positive and supported the tour THANKS. Im saving my flier and planing on re issuing the same line up in February when his tour is re scheduled and finalized.
November 18, 2013 01:06AM
And maybe it'll be on a day i can make it anyway.

Love that reggae!
November 18, 2013 10:29AM
Diesel, I was not saying "I told you so", and I'm sorry your show got cancelled. I am reflecting more on the actions of the artists themselves, which inevitably leads to things like visas getting cancelled.

Peace
November 18, 2013 03:22PM
Maybe Sizzla needs to go the Ricky Trooper route and post "I love gay people" on Facebook to get his visa back.
Diesel I feel bad for you; not many people will take the risk to promote reggae music these days with all the hassle involved, but plenty of them are still there to run off their mouths about what should & shouldn't be done.
November 18, 2013 10:00PM
maybe its all a promotional scam, and Sizzla and his management are just waiting until summer when they can get paid more and perform less at festivals and cut out all the small local promoters or its The US Immigration Office AKA Babylon keeping him out because Sizzla does not have the best record, either way be nice to get Sizzla back in Cali
November 19, 2013 03:58PM
J_72
Diesel, I was not saying "I told you so", and I'm sorry your show got cancelled. I am reflecting more on the actions of the artists themselves, which inevitably leads to things like visas getting cancelled.

Peace

Wasn't talking about anyone on this board. I've just been getting major attitude from people for this show being cancelled and the Ky-Mani show. It just sucks when I'm probobly looking forward to it more than anyone then people give me sh#% for being cancelled like I have something to do with it. No one should be complaining to the promoters or people trying to bring the show. We lost more than anyone.
Venue Deposit- 500
Flier design- 100
Print of Fliers- 375
Facebook Adds- 40
Hours and hours putting this together
I'm not getting a dime of that back.
November 19, 2013 04:03PM
Maximum Respect due Diesel*!
November 19, 2013 06:24PM
So sorry Diesel. No one should be giving you disrespect. This is so far out of your control, it is unbelievable. Take a vacation and try to ignore the negativity.
November 19, 2013 06:59PM
Nobody that knows anything should be giving you any sh!@ Diesel. Keep up the good work, we know it's not your fault.
November 19, 2013 07:13PM
Actually, that type of attitude is what makes it so promoters do not want to book artists like Sizzla. It's bad enough losing $$ and wasting time/energy, but when you have to take slack from the general public as well, why bother?

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
November 24, 2013 08:52AM
Hey Jeff J72 if you was in my clique or even general neighborhood I would have to mash your face. Anyone here who pars with you should have handled that @#$%& along time ago. the only reason ONLY reason you talk so is because you have no accountability for what you say. Take a look at yourself.
November 25, 2013 05:44PM
strikkly
Hey Jeff J72 if you was in my clique or even general neighborhood I would have to mash your face. Anyone here who pars with you should have handled that @#$%& along time ago. the only reason ONLY reason you talk so is because you have no accountability for what you say. Take a look at yourself.

"mash your face"?

What gives your the right to physically threaten anyone over their opinion, strikkly? Here, let me help - you DON'T have that right.

So relax, keyboard bad-man, you ain't gonna be mashing anybody's face... oh, and be a grown-up and apologize.
November 25, 2013 06:04PM
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
November 25, 2013 06:05PM
This is not the first time I have heard someone threaten physical violence against someone for.... well.. stating their opinion. If you resort to physical violence to solve your problems you are just above the beasts of the earth. Check that, you are below the beasts of the earth because they need to do this to resolve conflict and they do not have malice in their hearts. I had a guy threaten to give me a beating the other day over this very issue. The problem is I have seen said fellow several times and he just doesn't equate me with my government name. Beyond that, the problem is said person is a stick figure who isnt' giving anyone short of his self in his alone time any sort of beating. Final thought, this is the land of the gun so never threaten anyone unless you plan on going to jail over it. It is best to use reason over violence EVERY TIME.
November 26, 2013 11:07PM
KKUP announced the NKC show on the air yesterday afternoon. Anybody still holding out hope for this tour?
November 27, 2013 02:29PM
J_72
I'm pretty sure Luciano wasn't storing up weapons and controlling neighborhoods like a gangster bad man. Why do reggae fans continually make excuses for this behavior?

Hey, all I knew regarding the above is what I was reading in the Gleaner. And if little me had access to information on problems Mr. Collins faced with Jamaican authorities, you can bet the US Visa functionaries had access to the same.

The truth may be an offense to some here, but it is no sin.
November 28, 2013 07:02PM
SIZZLA......That's who they want to see.....there was a time when i would hitch-hike anywhere in the country to see Sizzla. Thankfully I didn't have to and he came and played in my area at Reggae Rising....THANKS to DIESEL very much for trying to make this happen. I'll send you money for a deposit to bring Sizzla anytime...Let me take this chance to promote SIzzla-fest....If u r going to bring him over have him play all night long ,two night festival nothing but Sizzla......and Capleton
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login