Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NWWRF returning for 2014

Posted by rossta8888 
NWWRF returning for 2014
November 16, 2013 07:15PM
I just found out that after everything that happened last summer NWWRF will be still having there festival the last weekend of July in 2014. I have been told it is at an amazing venue in Portland. What are peoples thoughts about supporting this festival next summer??
Re: NWWRF returning for 2014
November 16, 2013 07:53PM
2 thumbs down...
November 16, 2013 09:13PM
Last summer was such a dissapointment it would be hard to support NWWRF. I was shocked that they are returning for 2014, I can say that two of my all time favorite Midnite sets were at this festival in 2008 and 2011 though.
November 16, 2013 09:16PM
That festival was the biggest let down of last summer. The damage is done. Unless there are some 100% confirmed big (huge) named acts, I am out. Oregon needs to get their sh$t together. You might want to change the name of the festival due to negative name recognition.
November 16, 2013 09:34PM
Keep in mind that even if they put the biggest headliners in the world on the bill 3 of the 5 headliners didnt perform there last year and they were all at the venue waiting to!
November 17, 2013 02:25AM
blessedcoast
Keep in mind that even if they put the biggest headliners in the world on the bill 3 of the 5 headliners didnt perform there last year and they were all at the venue waiting to!

highlarious but not actually funny
November 17, 2013 06:32PM
Jahdan Blackamoore saved the festival last summer IMHO. Not sure if he got paid or played for free but his set was wickid! One of the few highlights last summer. I agree with Westafari that someone in Oregon needs to step up and get a successful festival together. NWWRF used to be amazing but sadly has been going downhill and last year really hurt the festival scene here in Oregon.
November 19, 2013 03:13PM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
November 19, 2013 04:59PM
Interesting. On the NWWRF facebook page, all the posts between the dates of July 20th and August 15th have been deleted. The festival took place from July 25th-28th.
November 19, 2013 05:02PM
from all dat I heard, I would wanta forget about it too...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
November 19, 2013 06:21PM
When the line-up and ticket information posts on FB, I will make sure to remind everyone in the world to be extremely skeptical of this festival. Buy your tickets at the door.
November 19, 2013 10:40PM
Regardless of who is on the lineup, how cheap the tickets are or any of that personally I would say DO NOT support this festival.. I wish the best for everyone that makes an effort to bring quality music to any area of the world but from personal experience, which I would be happy to share with anyone but wont get into on here, you cant trust them to deliver anything they advertise so save your money and spend it somewhere you can. Lets not also forget 2 years ago when Saturday was left without music for nearly 4 hours right in the middle of the day with no explanation just like last year when the MCs, all due respect to them, kept coming and and saying things like "up next Kabaka Pyramid" when they had made it clear that he wasnt performing.. Big up DJ Crown of Brimstone sounds for DJing for like 4 hours while everyone was wondering what was happening.
And @Rossta yes Jahdan killed it on Friday night.

Ryan-I
November 20, 2013 03:28AM
Well lets forward Jahdan Blackamoore for SNWMF 2014!!! He would be an awesome act for friday night,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 03:57AM by rossta8888.
November 20, 2013 03:09PM
you can show up the same day and have the artist be there and the show still doesn't happen. There is literally no assurances that the show will take place. No offense intended but LINE UP SUBJECT TO CHANGE doesn't really apply here. Basically a lot of people (not me, I got in for free) lost money last year. The artist lost a few great dates. Anyone who paid for the show on Saturday got robbed. Anyone who payed for gas and food to get there was deceived. I just don't see how it is even possible that any artist worth anything would sign a contract with this show AND this is only last year. Power cut out on the headliners the year before, not once but several times. Duane Stephenson couldn't get through his set without crazy sound spikes. I have supported this festival in the face of opposition for years and many here can attest to me hyping this fest even though there were many rumors of shady business going on. I can no longer. I brought people who would otherwise never have gone and how does that make me look?

PS no trash service or recycling in the bowl? This is not what take out what you bring is supposed to mean. You buy a slice and you have to carry the plate for the next 4 hours? As they say on NFL Countdown.. COME ON MAN!
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 20, 2013 05:06PM
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2013 10:18AM by Ras Danny.
November 20, 2013 06:16PM
Hey Ras D! I am sure that Jahdan would not want to go back to NWWRF, but he would be a great act at SNWMF! I was not familiar with him at all until he got booked to play NWWRF last summer. I purchased Babylon Nightmare, the only other works I could find was with Noble Society, I believe that was the name, more like hip hop to me. Babylon Nightmare is a really amazing album! He wrote some Snoop Lion lyrics too if I remember right. Anyone know of any other Jahdan albums??

Great post Ninja, I seem to have a short memory when it comes to reggae. I had already forgotten about 2 years ago with the power issues, it was not just last summer it has been going on for a few years now.
November 20, 2013 09:44PM
rossta8888
Hey Ras D! I am sure that Jahdan would not want to go back to NWWRF, but he would be a great act at SNWMF! I was not familiar with him at all until he got booked to play NWWRF last summer. I purchased Babylon Nightmare, the only other works I could find was with Noble Society, I believe that was the name, more like hip hop to me. Babylon Nightmare is a really amazing album! He wrote some Snoop Lion lyrics too if I remember right. Anyone know of any other Jahdan albums??

Great post Ninja, I seem to have a short memory when it comes to reggae. I had already forgotten about 2 years ago with the power issues, it was not just last summer it has been going on for a few years now.
Check Project Groundation. They have some nice mixes featuring Jahdan and Noble Society. Forward Blackamore fuhreal!!!!
November 20, 2013 11:31PM
Thank you East Bay Herbalist, I will check that album out.
November 22, 2013 03:18PM
Blakkamoore has a "dubstep"-ish album called "Buzzrock Warrior". Actually, it and Noble Society's first album both received "I tunes Reggae album of the Year" seperately a few years back (dont ask me how or criteria). LK has a lot more works coming forward from him as well......
Big single / video set for early next year release...."For the Children" by Jahdan Blakkamoore and Kabaka Pyramid...on "Junction" riddim (which we also drop on LK next year).
BLESSED
November 22, 2013 04:41PM
Awesome to hear Lustre Kings! Thanks for the info on those albums. Keep us updated on your new works with Jahdan! On a soccer note Glory Glory Man Utd. Sorry Lustre Kings couldn't help it.
January 25, 2014 08:12PM
cat's out the bag...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
January 26, 2014 05:15AM
Mi gotta say no matter who they put on the bill.. A promise is a comfort to a fool!!! I see a reggae rising 2014 in the works.. Iam glad to hear not everyone thinks were whining about the price of a ticket "Scottie one drop".. Hope someone like crucial productions can fill the void we have right now
January 27, 2014 10:37PM
I think that its lame Doug goes and takes down all the posts on FB that he doesn't like, people just telling truthful stories about awful experiences there and he deletes them. WRONG
January 28, 2014 12:10AM
Well the post are a threat to the scam he's trying to pull again... Respect Tyler! Maybe well see you at snwmf this year
January 28, 2014 07:28AM
After what I heard about last year and what I experienced the year before, I cannot believe anybody would waste their time or money on this rip-off event. These jokers are really hurting the Reggae scene up here in Oregon.
January 28, 2014 08:56PM
Well it looks as if they are only a 2 day festival rather than a 3 day like in previous years. A scaled down event may provide for much better experience for the promoter and the patrons. Bottle Rock fest in Napa (where I am from) is returning and has scaled from 4 and a half days to 3 with a new promoter, and I'm glad they didn't scrap it after one bad year. They last promoter left $5.5 million in debt but the old organizer is out new in and the show is going on with full city approval. Just because it sucked last year sucked doesn't mean that it cant be better...only with new management of course. No one is dumb enough anyway to work with the same people... hopefully its a new team in OR. P.S. the event kept the same same in Napa
January 28, 2014 10:14PM
ForwardZion
Well it looks as if they are only a 2 day festival rather than a 3 day like in previous years. A scaled down event may provide for much better experience for the promoter and the patrons.

Maybe if they scale it down to 2 hours, it won't be a major clusterf%^$^%. Dude, they were a 2-day festival last year and it was their worst disaster ever! The fact is after 7 years of doing this, the festival has just gotten worse every year for the last 3 years. There is no way in hell I am going to waste time and money finding our how much worse it can get, I'll use my inagination.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 10:19PM by Jah Mike.
January 28, 2014 10:57PM
agreed Jah Mike, the festival got worse every year, plus the guy who runs it is not a good person and was a coward about the whole thing last year. He would tell us as we were waiting for music that the artists did not show up only to find out the artists were there waiting to get paid to perform. Some played for free, but there is no way I would ever support this festival again unless the guy running it is GONE.
January 29, 2014 12:21AM
Do yourself & the reggae community a favor and DO NOT SUPPORT THIS FESTIVAL & THE PEOPLE WHO RUN IT.
If its anything like it has been the last 2 years you will highly regret it..
RYAN-I
January 29, 2014 01:25AM
Ok Ok I get it. My sis just moved up to Portland, not that I need an excuse to drive up and see her but if there was any chance of a little vibes then it wouldn't hurt. I'll take your advice.
January 29, 2014 04:55AM
ForwardZion
Ok Ok I get it. My sis just moved up to Portland, not that I need an excuse to drive up and see her but if there was any chance of a little vibes then it wouldn't hurt. I'll take your advice.

We usually get a few good national tours coming through as well as shows by talented local and regional artists. Check out PDX Reggae
January 30, 2014 07:01PM
we will certainly have some tings going down in PDX this time of year.
February 06, 2014 01:18AM
I think if they had it at a different venue I might go. Oregon isn't the problem, it's the private land owner that has hosted the festival. He's gotten greedy and forgotten what it's all about. Take him out of the picture and there might be some turnaround on the event. Last year was pretty awful. I'd like to see a successful reggae festival get it's roots set in here in Oregon somewhere. We definitely have the clientel to support it if it's worth the $$ we're putting out.
February 06, 2014 03:38AM
It's not the landowner that wasn't paying people last year and it wasn't the landowner that couldn't keep the sound system going the year before. Just changing the venue will improve nothing. New people need to be running it.
February 06, 2014 02:12PM
sorry 'The Rock,' but You really don't seem to know wha gwaan. I just heard from SYNRGY, a band that played last year. doug has been 'promising' payment for SYNRGY's set that they performed and the most recent date for a payment was to be Feb 4. they heard nothing from the guy until they got him to answer his phone, at which time they learned, again, he isn't 'ready to pay'... Bob's Ranch was/is not greedy and had absolutely nothing to do with this guys failures. in fact Bob bent over backwards to give nwwrf a home for the last two years against his better judgement. nwwrf had burned him previous to 2012...

nwwrf is a couple of CRAZY folk who think what they are doing is golden and untouched by any blemish from their own hand. delusional. in their own bubble. everybody else involved was/is to blame for their troubles!

SYNRGY, Sol Seed, Gypsy Roots Dance and Paapa Wastik are just some groups I am speaking to regularly that have not been payed a cent for their performances (which were agreed to by contract), OVER 7 MONTHS LATER...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
February 06, 2014 07:08PM
"SYNRGY, Sol Seed, Gypsy Roots Dance and Paapa Wastik are just some groups I am speaking to regularly that have not been payed a cent for their performances (which were agreed to by contract), OVER 7 MONTHS LATER..."

Is there any lawsuits in the works? If they broke the contract they should be sued, and that just might be the only way to get it through their thick skulls.
March 01, 2014 10:11PM
Just saw this on NWWRF's facebook...

NWWRF 2014 Saturday July 26th lineup
Don Carlos - Romain Virgo - Queen Omega - The Itals - Reggae Angels - IKronik
March 02, 2014 03:21AM
I wonder how many of those artists will actually play, assuming they can put together a functioning sound system.
Considering their history, I would take any announcements coming from these people with a huge grain of salt.
March 02, 2014 02:50PM
Queen Makeda, a fellow teacher, and her crew was never paid fully either. I wonder if they paid their hotel bill yet either??
Joke thing..
LK
March 03, 2014 04:02PM
MIdnite is headling july 25th
March 03, 2014 04:30PM
oh shoot, now what are u and Danny gonna do Tyler? - lol (sorry couldnt help it, was what I thought when I seen it on fb last night)
March 03, 2014 05:43PM
Let me get this straight: this festival hasn't paid multiple artists from last year's festival, and now they are announcing artists and headliners for this year's festival? What am I missing here?
March 03, 2014 07:53PM
To those here.
NWWRF LLC is a business and the festival is what it does. To pay the bills and move ahead we have planed and are moving forward with the business. As with any other business, the business pays the debits it has by continuing to provide products and services. What business do U know of that does not have to keep going to pay off its debits??The only other choice would be bankruptcy (and no one would get paid). And when a business is stolen from in the way NWWRF was last year (over $30K), it is the only choice we have. I have put in as much as I can and now it time for the Business to do the rest.

We are on much better footing this year then we have been in years - without all the folks who were responsible for the cheating, lying, misinformation and stealing that has gone on for the last three years. (U know who U are) We have put together a first rate management and production team along with moving to our new location near Astoria, Oregon. Come and see what we can do with our new team and our great new location.

If you have any questions please contact me directly at my email
doug@nwwrf.com

Peace
Douglas Carnie NWWRF 2014 LLC
March 03, 2014 08:30PM

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
March 03, 2014 08:36PM
You would think one would be "on much better footing" after pocketing 30k..
March 04, 2014 06:54AM
HiGrade1 has it right. We've been hearing for years that its always someone else's fault and not the guy who is running the show. The sooner this clown is put out of business the better the Oregon Reggae scene will be.

Go ahead and throw away your money if you want. You have been warned.
March 04, 2014 04:23PM
This whole thing stinks like last week's fish... from the head to the tail.

Ol' Dougie's 'splanation is weak-sauce seeking to beguile the massive into participating just one more time based on the hope that this fresh batch of Kool-Aid will entice the thirsty to reach for that poisonous brew once again.

@Doug - time to pack it in. You've spoiled the soil - nothing you plant will grow. Or does your next iteration of the 2014 NWWRF lineup include Bob Marley, Jacob Miller, and Joseph Hill?!?
March 04, 2014 05:39PM
Read closer Walter its Nob Harley, Jacob Filler, and Joseph Steal...

Seriously tho, all I see is another Tom Dimmick!! Please don't be apart of the small crowd of fools that gets reeled into Doug's pocket.. could not pay me to support this festival
March 04, 2014 07:54PM
Hi again
Just to let U all know I have never taken a penny out of NWWRF - And have been paying off last year out of my own money. This is in no way like Reggae Rising, this is and has been our festival, other people have tried to steal it but we will not let that happen. U can all set here behind your hidden emails and fake names but I will stand here in the open and move forward, bringing positive roots music to the great Northwest.

I will never understand why this community sides with the thieves and not the one who has been stolen from. We have had it all from fake owners, fake press releases sent out to ticket scalping and huge unauthorized guest lists.

I hope U will all hold your comments and watch what happens this year. The show is looking great and all of the acts will be paid , perform on time and with no delays.

Douglas Carnie
doug@nwwrf.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 08:08PM by NWWRF Doug.
March 04, 2014 10:32PM
I never miss a Midnite set but it would be really hard to support NWWRF after all that has happened. I cannot imagine missing Midnite in Oregon but.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2014 03:46PM by rossta8888.
March 04, 2014 10:37PM
I am not hiding behind anything Doug, you can email me at Tyler@neaglefreight.com. My name is Tyler Ross

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2014 03:48PM by rossta8888.
March 05, 2014 01:18AM
Respect Tyler!! Burn out thief and liars...
March 05, 2014 01:33AM
U have bad info Tyler Ross- U may call Preston if U would like. I would be careful what lies U are spreading.
March 05, 2014 06:14AM
Hahaha did I really just read a threat towards tyler???? Obviously you have not met the cat!!! Or you would not be saying that... tyler ain't spreading ish.. Oregon is too small to get away with the @#$%& you try to pull.. you aren't actually tom Dimmick .. but good lucki
March 05, 2014 06:50AM
Hi for the last time. I am tired of folks who are spreading lies about what we are doing and what we have done. Who would ever post one of the great reggae bands with out a contract. are U kidding. I hope this is the last of these lies that I have to respond to. I live this life and will always will bring positive roots music to our area. I hope that after this year all of this will be over as I for one have better things to do than watch this site so that we can makes sure that folks are not spread lies. This is a business not a joke -
March 05, 2014 07:11AM
NWWRF Doug
This is a business not a joke -

The above statement was, amazingly, typed without any awareness of the irony contained within.
March 05, 2014 09:28AM
niceup
NWWRF Doug
This is a business not a joke -

The above statement was, amazingly, typed without any awareness of the irony contained within.
ROTFLMAO!!!
March 05, 2014 03:01PM
dense

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 05, 2014 05:29PM
Pretty sure this post falls in "The Dead Horse" category. Time to move on

happy reggae
March 05, 2014 05:48PM
For what it is worth, I had level business dealings with Doug in my experience. Contracts were signed, everyone I worked with was paid per the agreement and we performed as promised 2 years in a row.

When I saw the signs that things were not going to work appropriately for a 3rd year, I pulled out in advance and redirected my service contacts to the next person as to not hinder the festival or those who are willing to gamble their time and money.
March 05, 2014 07:30PM
Preston did clarify that Midnite is under contract for NWWRF, I do not want to spread lies so I am writing this post. Bless up all.
April 08, 2014 11:16PM
woops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 11:17PM by mulligan.
April 09, 2014 04:00AM
mulligan
woops.

They've been saying that a lot at NWWRF over the last two years.........
May 22, 2014 08:13PM
Are tickets actually selling to this festival??? It would be fun to see the results.
May 22, 2014 08:43PM
It might be fun to see the results, but only from a distance. If they sell over a hundred tickests it will be a vindication of P. T. Barnum.
May 22, 2014 11:18PM
Def. from a long distance. Good call.
July 25, 2014 03:46PM
July 25, 2014 04:52PM
thnkx! was gonna put that up too... not a very flattering preview...
the promoter really hasn't got much of a clue how badly he sounds here...

or maybe he doesn't care?

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 04:53PM by Ras Danny.
July 25, 2014 04:58PM
There he goes again continuing to blame every one but himself...

Funny to see Midnite is booked for a West Coast Tour, wasnt that his biggest selling point this year that it was their only West Coast show?

Would love to see a thriving reggae festival in the North West... Can we just let this one pass so we can start a new one?
July 26, 2014 01:59PM
Did the artists get paid and perform last night? How many people showed up? Is the festival going on today as advertised?

Hopefully somebody out there on this forum "took one for the team" and went to this festival to let us know if anything happened like last year...
July 27, 2014 06:42AM
That article was, as they say, just Wow!
July 28, 2014 09:27AM
Artists not being paid again this year! Fool me once shame on u, fool me twice shame on me, fool me five times, run that pos outta the biz!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
July 29, 2014 10:29PM
July 31, 2014 03:57AM
I was expecting another disaster.........actually I had a really nice time. The site was real nice, the music was great, Reggae Bubblers and Don Carlos both put on nice sets. We had fun all weekend...seemed like Midnight played for a full 4 hours friday. Weather was cool, sunny and in the 60's-70's.
August 01, 2014 01:04AM
Midnite played for 4 hours?! So that means 3 whole bass lines. lmfao! I would have asked for a refund at that point.

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
August 01, 2014 03:34AM
Danny, see next thread.
August 06, 2014 07:00PM
Everyone who was at NWWRF was blown away by Midnite! They were the talk of the whole weekend! 4 plus of hours of awesome reggae music! No refund needed as everyone who attended was very very very happy! smiling smiley
August 08, 2014 06:58AM
Midnite for 4 hours .. Nap time for everyone at the festival..
August 08, 2014 02:23PM
Not everyone, just those natually sleepy folks who cannot understand the Midnite phenomenom.
August 11, 2014 03:35AM
What phenomenon??? What are u on..
August 11, 2014 06:36AM
Midnite is boring. No thanks.
August 11, 2014 08:45AM
Redeye
What phenomenon??? What are u on..

Sorry, friend, I can't help you. You either get it or you don't.
August 11, 2014 05:14PM
No worries .. No need argue .. Be Irie .. Walter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login