Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What happened with the EEK-A-Mouse "shituation"?????

Posted by blessvibe 
What happened with the EEK-A-Mouse "shituation"?????
November 18, 2013 06:45PM
Anyone know what ever happened to EEK-A-MOUSE???? Did he get deported to Yard or is he still being held in the US???? Has he faced the Judge or undergone the deportation process?????
Re: What happened with the EEK-A-Mouse "shituation"?????
November 20, 2013 12:52AM
*found online*

Au­gust 31, 2013 •
VET­ERAN artiste Eek-A-Mouse was re­leased from a North Car­olina prison in July.

The Outer Banks Sen­tinel news­pa­per re­ports that the sing­jay, whose real name is Rip­ton Joseph Hyl­ton, was re­leased for time served in a plea agree­ment reached by his at­tor­ney, Phillip Hayes, and as­sis­tant Dis­trict At­tor­ney Lau­ren Arizaga.

EEK-A-MOUSE… re­leased for time served in a plea agree­ment reached by his at­tor­ney

Eek-A-Mouse was sched­uled to ap­pear in the Dare County Su­pe­rior Court on July 8 to face felony rape, felony kid­nap­ping, felony co­caine and mis­de­meanour mar­i­juana charges.

But in the plea agree­ment set­tled on July 1 in Cam­den County Su­pe­rior Court, Hyl­ton pleaded “no con­test” to two mis­de­meanour charges — as­sault on a fe­male and at­tempted crime against na­ture.

He was sen­tenced to 75 days’ im­pris­on­ment for the first of­fence and “given credit for 75 days spent in con­fine­ment prior to the date of this judg­ment as a re­sult of this charge”. Sen­tenced to 45 days on the sec­ond charge, he was “given credit for 45 days spent in con­fine­ment prior to the date of this Judg­ment as a re­sult of this charge”.

The 55-year-old Eek-A-Mouse is best known for the songs Wa Do Dem and Ganja Smug­gling. He was ar­rested in Kill Devil Hills on Au­gust 16, 2008 and charged with forcible sex­ual as­sault, pos­ses­sion of co­caine, kid­nap­ping and pos­ses­sion of less than half-an-ounce of mar­i­juana.

He had per­formed at the Port O’Call venue on Au­gust 15 and al­legedly as­saulted a 23-year-old woman at 1:30 am on Au­gust 16 at the Colony IV Motel in Kill Devil Hills.

The Kill Devil Hills Po­lice De­part­ment said the kid­nap­ping charge stemmed from the vic­tim al­legedly being held against her will. The vic­tim was a for­mer Dare County res­i­dent, who was vis­it­ing the area.

Re­leased on $52,000 se­cured bond, Eek-A-Mouse left the United States and did not show up for a court date in 2010.

Su­pe­rior Court Judge Jerry Tillett is­sued a war­rant for his ar­rest with a $1-mil­lion bond for fail­ing to ap­pear. He was found in Paraguay last No­vem­ber with­out a proper visa, de­ported and later ex­tra­dited from Florida to North Car­olina to stand trial on the rape, kid­nap­ping and drug charges.

Eek-A-Mouse had faced as much as 20 years in prison if con­victed of the felony charges.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 01:37AM by djjfx.
November 20, 2013 03:26AM
So let me get this straight... Eek is charged with kidnapping, rape/sexual assault, and failure to appear, and he only gets 75 days, with credit for time served.

Meanwhile, Buju gets arrested for cocaine trafficking (possibly framed), and he's already spent years in jail and is still there.

What is wrong with this picture?
November 20, 2013 04:06PM

So let me get this straight... Eek is charged with kidnapping, rape/sexual assault, and failure to appear, and he only gets 75 days, with credit for time served.

Meanwhile, Buju gets arrested for cocaine trafficking (possibly framed), and he's already spent years in jail and is still there.

What is wrong with this picture?

I'm guessing that your ire is based upon your belief that kidnapping and rape are far more serious charges than cocaine trafficking (a belief that I am fully in agreement with btw). But it's not that simple and there are several factors that make these sentences more 'just' than they might appear at first blush.

The Evidence - While I can't say I followed Eek's "Kill Devil Hills" charges very closely, the fact is that they definitely had 'the goods' on Buju's case. There was a witness (albeit a C.I.) who testified that Buju sought to purchase cocaine, and an undercover agent (along with a video) who testified that Buju 'tasted' the goods and was, thereafter, ready to purchase them.

In Eek's case, all you would have had was the testimony of the victim (alleging the sex was non-consensual) vs. the mouse (who would have no doubt contending that everything was consented to). Going to trial would have required that Eek's victim 'relive and recount' the horrors of what happened that night. I read an article which states that "the plea was discussed and approved by the victim." Perhaps some 5+ years after the incident, the victim didn't want to have to relive that part of her life, which is why she approved of the plea.

Trial vs. Plea Agreement - Buju was given the minimum sentence possible for the crimes for which he was found guilty. Under Federal Sentencing Guidelines, Judges are not given much leeway when it comes to sentencing a defendant for the crimes he or she is found guilty of. If I am recalling correctly, Buju was offered a plea of about 3 years which he turned down all the while maintaining his 'innocence' and his assertion that he was 'framed' (entrapped).

The "possibly framed" argument was raised during Buju's trial. The 12 jurors heard the evidence presented in court by Buju's lawyers. At the end of the day, those jurors didn't "buy" the entrapment claim, yet you continue to hold onto that notion Reggabe. Perhaps you would feel better about the 2 sentences if you knew that Reggae Wire News network also reported that Eek-A-Mouse was framed.

Lastly, Eek-A-Mouse is still not a free man. "Within hours of his release, Hayes said, Hylton was taken into custody by U.S. Immigration officials." So, he'll be deported and you are not gonna see 'The Mouse' back in the states anytime soon.

When I was a teenager, my father defended someone who was charged with 11kilos of opium in Switzerland. He was found guilty and sentenced to something like 15 years. But, after being placed in jail for about a month after the trial, the jail wardens opened the gate to his cell one day and told him he was 'free to leave' provided he left the country and never came back. Perhaps the US can learn something from the Swiss, at least when it comes to how our government's $$ should be spent......
November 20, 2013 04:18PM
We live in a world of fun house mirrors for crime and punishment. It is ALSO true the sort of defense/rationalization made by some in the reggae audience regarding the foibles and felonies of performers reminds me how politicians are defended by their followers, with the same ability to overlook the uncomfortable truths.
November 22, 2013 06:54PM
Weak-As-A-Mouse!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login