Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who can deejay and sing?

Posted by akee123 
Who can deejay and sing?
November 22, 2013 06:17PM
Listening to Lion D tonight made me wonder which reggae artists can actually sing and deejay...effectively.
Re: Who can deejay and sing?
November 22, 2013 06:47PM
George Nooks
President Brown
Dave Barker
Leroy Sibbles
Prince Hammer/Jah Berry
Shinehead

No longer with us -

Pat Francis/Jah Lloyd/Jah Lion
Scotty
Hugh Mundell
November 22, 2013 07:00PM
President Brown is not quite a singer in my mind
November 22, 2013 07:17PM
Lutan
Luciano
Stephen Marley
Gentleman
November 22, 2013 10:20PM
George Nooks/Prince Mohammed back in the late 70s and early 80s was wikked...could sing like D Brown and DJ like U Roy. Not exactly of course but just saying he was terrific at both singing and DJ..
November 23, 2013 06:58AM
spliffp
Lutan
Luciano
Stephen Marley
Gentleman

Good point about Luciano...
November 23, 2013 07:49AM
We just did a dub session with Luciano and I can attest the man is a great deejay in addition to being a great singer.
Another that comes to mind is Johnny Osbourne.
November 23, 2013 10:06AM
JAHDAN BLAKKAMOORE......and rap too!
November 23, 2013 01:35PM
Stamina!
George Nooks/Prince Mohammed back in the late 70s and early 80s was wikked...could sing like D Brown and DJ like U Roy. Not exactly of course but just saying he was terrific at both singing and DJ..

+1. Also Trinity/Jr. Brammer come to mind.
November 23, 2013 06:27PM
There are many, but just gonna name a few that come to mind right away
Queen Omega
Messenjah Selah
Queen Ifrica
Kulcha Knox...
November 23, 2013 07:33PM
Where is Queen Omega M.Selah Lion Camp Winstrong Luv Fyah etc? I have performed on the same stages as all of these and evn booked them on my showcases I booked @Caspar Inn/Ashkenaz Moes Alley etc. I Played the Monterrey Bay Reggae Festival main stage 2 years in row with the members of Fyah Squad,I came on and did a full set right before Soul Majestic now defunct when thye backed Queen Omega. I don't see any of us working much even though we are states side viable conscious artist.. I feel the vibes can change and we can support and adopt a new Roots Reggae Revival here with some real unification vibes ,I am fully ready to work hard to help build back Reggae in the USA Amha Selassie Baraka aka I-Triniti ,Blessid Love. P.S all you boardies who know I such as Carrie (Yellow berry)Ras Danny Danny Crucial etc etc all know I seek to be a positive part of JAH Works.
November 24, 2013 12:36AM
many many many
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login