Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rastafarians ordered to leave Pinnacle

Posted by Sista Irie 
Rastafarians ordered to leave Pinnacle
November 24, 2013 07:39AM
Rastafarians ordered to vacate Pinnacle, the legendary Rastafari Camp where Count Ossie and the Mystic Revelation of Rastafari built musical roots and many Rastas considered home.

This is extremely distressing. Came in my news box this morn ing.

See story at [lphfoundation.org]

Re: Rastafarians ordered to leave Pinnacle
November 25, 2013 07:56AM
I am a bit surprised no one has any thoughts about this situation. So I am bumping in hopes....
November 25, 2013 08:33AM
I can't say much cause I don't know all the details and what they say on the page there is pretty limited. I'm unclear whether it's a case of eminent domain , failure to pay property taxes, squatting, or any other number of things - and I haven't seen any local media coverage on this. Is there a resource for more information?
November 25, 2013 12:57PM
There is an online petition started at this link:
[secure.avaaz.org]

Please sign and distribute. Bless.
November 26, 2013 01:40PM
If it is government owned land, one would wonder why the current PNP regime would not try to come to accomondation for a long-standing community in this rural area.
November 26, 2013 04:23PM
I know there's a few Rastafarian lawyers in Jamaica, Michael Lorne comes to mind. I wonder if anyone has approached them about working this case? Land issues in JA can be a nightmare - I hope they get through allright and get to keep their homes
November 28, 2013 08:02AM
Yes very sad. A great book on the early history is "The First Rasta" by Helene Lee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login