Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buju in the NFL

Posted by Danny Crucial 
Buju in the NFL
November 29, 2013 06:40AM
Selena Gomez rocked a version of "Walk Like A Champion" @ halftime of the Raiders-Cowboys game today!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
Re: Buju in the NFL
November 29, 2013 08:02PM
That is so lame it's unbelievable. Buju deserves way more respect. LOL
November 29, 2013 08:47PM
A big hit for Selena, who swipes it right down to the 'ram-pa-pa-pam-pam'. This track has been around since early summer; surprised folks here didn't know about it. Hopefully Buju and the producer of the '95 original, Donovan Germain make some $$ on it. Besides, didn't some female rapper already use those lines some years ago?
November 29, 2013 09:18PM
Selena Gomez Covers Buju Banton's "Champion"

Posted by K'Shema Francis on 23/07/2013 at 5:15pm

More International pop entertainers continue to cash in on the dancehall reggae phenomenon.

Pop singer Selena Gomez who celebrated her 21st birthday yesterday, has done a remake of Buju Banton’s 1995 hit tune “Champion”.

The track starts with Buju deejaying the original lyrics before Selena comes in singing. The chorus features Selena who is reportedly still dating Justin Bieber singing the lines “Walk Like A Champion”.

So is Selena’s version of Buju’s smash single a hit or a miss? Take a listen…

www.animalnewyork.com/.../selena-gomezs-cover-of-buju-banton
November 30, 2013 09:47PM
Yeah, Donavan should definitely be getting paid for this, he's earned it.
November 30, 2013 11:13PM
wow, sorry i missed it. and yes Stamina, I had no idea Buju was covered... and I still don't know who Selena Gomez is!
December 01, 2013 12:49AM
she's a Disney gyal...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
December 02, 2013 06:03PM
Like, gag me with a pitchfork! lol
December 02, 2013 06:28PM
I saw Selena singing this song at halftime, and tried to explain to my dad how strange it was to see a reggae song, that I listened to a lot during my first year of college, turned into a pop song being sung at halftime of a pro football game! I know that Selena just takes the chorus, and not the whole song, but still, who would've ever guessed that part of that song would be turned into a pop hit?!
December 03, 2013 08:22PM
Highly doubt anyone is getting paid anymore then when Reggae does Cover tunes (word for word) see Busy Signal for details. Also... Champion IS A POP SONG that happens to be a Dancehall tune as well. Many times the labels own these tunes and not the artist. I believe Sony owns the "Come Around" beat that Collie Buddz (along with a host of others) re released a couple years back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login