Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hendy Woods here we come!!!

Posted by AJ 
AJ
Hendy Woods here we come!!!
December 01, 2013 08:29AM
Irie ~ Irie ~ Irie......................we got campsite #11 again.
We love Hendy Woods..........for us it is the perfect place for the festival. smiling smiley
Hendy Woods posse are you ready....................
Re: Hendy Woods here we come!!!
December 01, 2013 10:49AM
Thanks for the heads up, AJ. We are now locked in, as well. See you in June.
Irie.
December 05, 2013 10:12AM
Almost 40% of the 88 campsites are already taken.

May likely be fully booked possibly later this month or sometime in January at the latest.

In our favorite loop, Azalea, a good campsite currently available would be #27.

A word to the wise is sufficient.
December 06, 2013 10:19PM
Greetings reggae lovers,

I got camp site 24 ?? Is it good ??

Thanks
December 07, 2013 01:16PM
International
Greetings reggae lovers,

I got camp site 24 ?? Is it good ??

Thanks

I have #24 marked as good...I gave it three stars

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 09:06AM by Rhythmwize.
December 07, 2013 07:29PM
@ Rhythmwize. thumbs up.

Thanks
December 10, 2013 04:23PM
Hey Peeps,

I think we gonna do Hendy Woods this time around as well.. RV parking was way too crazy onsite this year and WAY too loud! does Hendy have RV hook ups? I dont see anything on the site.. thanks
AJ
December 12, 2013 08:32AM
ja_lover
Hey Peeps,

I think we gonna do Hendy Woods this time around as well.. RV parking was way too crazy onsite this year and WAY too loud! does Hendy have RV hook ups? I dont see anything on the site.. thanks

There are two RV sites with hook ups, but the two camp hosts occupy both sites. Also there are generator hours. I'm not sure about the hours, but I think they are from 8 am or 10 am to 8 pm. Please don't quote me on the hours.

FYI ~ Bring quarters for the showers. The cost is about $2 per shower, depending on how long you need to clean up. They are hot showers. Quarters can be scarce at Hendy, so bring plenty. I start saving my quarters right about now. winking smiley
December 12, 2013 08:56AM
AJ----did you get the photos I left on your table on Monday??
AJ
December 12, 2013 11:06AM
papa ray
AJ----did you get the photos I left on your table on Monday??

Yes we did get the pics. Thank you.
Check your email.
December 15, 2013 04:09PM
Are you still able to walk across the street (Hwy 101) and go into the festival?
December 16, 2013 09:36AM
SommerKind
Are you still able to walk across the street (Hwy 101) and go into the festival?

I will assume you are asking about Reggae on the River, not SNWMF.

As of last year, the answer is NO....although that could and that should change next year, so we will just have to wait and see.
AJ
December 22, 2013 09:59AM
As of this morning 42 campsites are left out of 88 sites.
The past few years by the time the fest rolls around all campsites will be taken. So do not plan on getting a site by just driving to Hendy the weekend of the festival. Just a friendly reminder.winking smiley
December 23, 2013 11:30AM
AJ
As of this morning 42 campsites are left out of 88 sites.
The past few years by the time the fest rolls around all campsites will be taken.

Actually, based on the past two years, all campsites will be taken sometime in January.

I see that campsite #27 is still available and thats a pretty good site.
December 24, 2013 09:32AM
thanks johnny!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
December 24, 2013 01:33PM
Have a great time this year. We are going to fit in a day trip, so we will come by and visit. smiling smiley

Jeff and Melissa
AJ
December 28, 2013 07:44AM
Jeff............Are you & Melissa going to the fest for one day?
Be sure to check us out at Hendy site #11.
AJ
January 12, 2014 07:07AM
Camping site update ~~~
34 sites out of 88 sites are still available, from Thursday June 19th through Monday June 23rd (as of this morning). Check in time Thursday is 3pm and check out time on Monday is noon.
I think the last sites will go pretty quick after the start of the lineup is announced and tickets go on sale February 1st.
Irie and quiet place to camp for the fest.

edit ~~~~ Hendy Woods is about a 10~15 minute drive to the fest. It is a nice drive going to the fest through Anderson Valley and dark & slow going back to camp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2014 07:27AM by AJ.
January 12, 2014 07:12AM
AJ and Nancy!

We will definitely stop by and say hello, at the campsite and festival. One day is all we can do this year, but we are fortunate to live near Boonville!
AJ
January 12, 2014 07:29AM
J_72
AJ and Nancy!

We will definitely stop by and say hello, at the campsite and festival. One day is all we can do this year, but we are fortunate to live near Boonville!

thumbs up
January 12, 2014 10:56PM
I camped at HW a few weeks ago at site #11. The upper campground was closed for the winter. I though site #22 was the best for the lower camp loop. Secluded and such. We were the only folks at the campground so I had a chance to wander around and there aren't any "bad" sites, just some more secluded than others.
March 06, 2014 01:08PM
wow, 2 spots left.. well, 1 now smiling smiley just reserved spot 28, I think that's a good one.. so excited now, will motorcycle back and forth to festie, makes for easy parking ..
March 08, 2014 03:38PM
2 Spot left?. Are u serious?. In that case it is old out.
March 11, 2014 02:09PM
Puma cabin seems to have opened up from the 19th to the 23rd for whatever reason in case anyone is interested.

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
June 20, 2014 12:15AM
thanks AJ, I just collected my quarters for the shower! We are in a 27 foot RV in spot 28, come see us.
June 20, 2014 07:24AM
Hope to roll into Hendy about 1. Will be in either 23 or 59. I'll be the guy with the beard and shirt. ;-)
AJ
July 22, 2014 09:27AM
ja_lover
thanks AJ, I just collected my quarters for the shower! We are in a 27 foot RV in spot 28, come see us.

Sorry I did not get a chance to meet you, I did not see this post until this past Saturday.
I wasn't on-line much the week before and about 4 weeks after the fest.
Hendy Woods again was part of the fest for us.........with all the friends we have made over the years, you just can't beat it.
Hope to meet someday "ja lover."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login