Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

word sound power...or coincidence?

Posted by mosquito killer 
word sound power...or coincidence?
December 17, 2013 03:37PM
sometimes things happen that seem so coincidental that it wasn’t just chance, but rather meant to be.

for instance, about a month ago i was having another listen to my trojan rastafari box set, and this time i just fell in love with the pancho alphonso “never give up in a babylon” track.

i spoke this out to the universe...well okay...i told a friend how much i really enjoyed it. about one week later i found the 12" single for about $10 in EX- condition, having never seen it before!

seriously though, there is a lot to this word, sound, power thing, me thinks.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
Re: word sound power...or coincidence?
December 18, 2013 05:35AM
some scenarios off the top

1. you had enough credit in the universal bank account that things aligned just enough for you to pick up this item.

2. someone close to you on the other side seen your happiness.. and possibly inpisred the seller to post the record, at that time, at that price... and quite possibly the seller needed the money and they had just as much universal credit. so it was win all around..

3. your purchase created some other scenarios, as a result, that benefitted/impacted others.. ie.. delivery guy took another route thus avoiding a crash..

whatever the case, there is no coincidence.
December 18, 2013 05:39AM
Karma is always at work. smiling smiley
December 18, 2013 08:54PM
if you want a copy of his Love Plea/Rockers Plea (with Jahmalla) let me know, i have a second copy i could trade
December 27, 2013 06:16PM
super appreciate the offer on the trade, but the tune isn't hitting me like I thought it might. that sound is usually right up my alley, but something in pancho's vocals just doesn't sound right to my ears. I like the DJ piece though.

finally picked up his "red eyes/hooligan" 12" and am really surprised at how much I like the cut "red eyes". sounds reminiscent of marley's "hurting inside", and the twist on the lyric "my eyes are red, it must be what I am seeing. my eyes are red, it must be what I am feeling" -- and then he goes on to sing about "problems" in the world.

love the subject and style. killer vibes.
i'll add that I picked it up for $7 and that is sweet to my ears as well.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2013 07:00PM by mosquito killer.
December 31, 2013 01:17AM
'happy accidents' are those little miracles that occur when there are good vibes around-KNOW wha U mean M

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
December 31, 2013 08:43AM
January 01, 2014 12:28PM
yeah same here, it's nice but i don't love it... rarely play it but it's good enough that i haven't just given it away... yet winking smiley
January 01, 2014 03:27PM
well, giveaways usually happen just when they should -- and me nah beg up NOTHING, so hope you get that.

but I will always treasure the memory of talking about the album with carter, and then being able to hand president carter a copy of the rastafarians "orthodox" LP, since I had a couple more copies than I thought I did--why not give him what I had on hand; I was actually quite surprised to learn he had never heard the album before, and couldn't wait to share it with him.

give and you get in this time.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login