Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sting 2013 stream

Posted by Ras_Adam 
sting 2013 stream
December 26, 2013 07:41PM
[www.ustream.tv]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2013 08:54PM by Ras_Adam.
Re: sting 2013 stream
December 26, 2013 10:14PM
supercat on the thing...
December 27, 2013 03:56PM
Any video out there for those of us who couldn't watch?
December 27, 2013 05:21PM

Mixed reactions for vintage 'Cat' at Sting

Friday, December 27, 2013 | 3:31 PM

Print this page Email A Friend!

ST CATHERINE, Jamaica — When the ‘Don Dadda’ Supercat made his entrance on the Magnum Sting stage at approximately 1:20 am Friday the whistles and firecrackers were almost deafening.

Everyone seemed to be anticipating a mind-blowing performance but that wasn’t necessarily the case.

There were mixed reactions to Cat’s performance as some patrons vented that his set was somewhat boring.

Among the vintage hits he performed were ‘Nuff Man a Dead’, ‘See Boops De’, ‘Unda Pressure’ and ‘Don Dadda’.

“Cat is a good artiste but his best moments were the early 1990s, a lot has changed since he last performed for the Sting crowd. A lot of persons here don’t even know those songs…I am not impressed,” said 37-year-old Vinton Thomas.

Others however, identifying with Cat’s old school-delivery, warmed to the artiste’s performance on the night.

Read more: [www.jamaicaobserver.com]
December 27, 2013 05:30PM
here's some God awful yankee rap

December 27, 2013 05:40PM
December 28, 2013 09:45AM
2 Chainz should've gotten 2 bottles upside the head.
December 28, 2013 12:10PM
December 28, 2013 01:01PM
December 28, 2013 01:37PM
2 chainz and 5 members of his entourage got robbed at 4:30 in the afternoon in SF.....not so bed eeh
[blog.sfgate.com]
December 28, 2013 02:27PM
who the knight in arms with sizzle?
December 28, 2013 07:20PM
blazeiyah
who the knight in arms with sizzle?

The one and only Don Gorgon.
December 29, 2013 06:34AM
female clash
[mixupyaad.com]
December 29, 2013 07:59AM
Is this what the Jamaican Government Ministers of Tourism, Entertainment and Culture endorsed and sponsored? ~ Question posed by Lloyd Stanbury on FB. I cannot agree more that what Jamaica promotes is the worst of what they have to offer and promotes degradation and disrespect for women.

December 29, 2013 10:45AM
can't see this going anywhere but live public sex
i know slackness had been in JA music from
ever since but this is nuts
[www.facebook.com]
December 29, 2013 11:03AM
[www.irishandchin.com]

DANCEHALL NEWS AND EDITORIALS
JAMAICA GOVERNMENT'S SPONSORSHIP OF STING 30 BEING QUESTIONED
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest
Category: E-News Chat
Published on Sunday, 29 December 2013 13:10 Hits: 105
Sting may have crowned a new deejay 'clash king' in Blak Ryno the former Gaza Empire artist, but all is apparently not settled in the eyes of the public. Reactions are still coming in surrounding the government of Jamaica's participation via their sponsorship of the event's 30th anniversary. This endorsement was facilitated through the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTcool smiley who for the first time was supporting the event.

JTB is responsible for marketing and promoting the island as a globally attractive tourist destination.

Black Ryno had dethroned Kiprich walking away US$30,000 and the Sting Clash belt.

The government's involvement though initially seen as positive also seemed a little odd as parliament is currently debating an anti-gang bill which in its current form heavily condemn's popular activities within Dancehall culture, more specifically the practice of deejays and selectors paying homage/ 'bigging up' alleged and convicted so called dons and gangs.

Thursday night into Friday morning was froth with mentioning accused gang leaders as voiced by local and internationally based personalities. Many artistes also constantly used so called Jamaican badwords on stage as was echoed across the sprawling grounds via towering speaker boxes. In the past several artists have been arrested for doing just this, including Nicki Minaj after her Sumfest performance, but thus far no one was nabbed or charged by the lawmen at Sting.

In fact the venue was teaming with Police and private security personnel leaving some critics to ask whether the police were simply there to protect against any violence but what about also seeing to it that other laws of the land were up held?

With the Jamaica Tourist Board's endorsement many expected changes in how the event was run and experienced by the audience and now based on what had occurred a common thought is "the government should have known better."

The event did see mature performances from Mavado, Etana, Romain Virgo and Tommy Lee Sparta but still, former journalist turned U.W.I. lecturer Dennis Howard said the Jamaican music industry needs to develop sound professional attitudes.

A lyrical clash competition between Lady Saw and Macka Diamond is receiving much of the criticisms.

Howard argues that in order for the events of such nature to justify receiving support from taxpayers and the private sector, they have to deliver a professional and tasteful production. He said it’s unfortunate that with good intentions, the results are disappointing.

Disgraceful is how many are describing the abrasive language used by Macka Diamond and Lady Saw and now some are even calling for resignations involving JTB's support.

Minister of Youth and Culture Lisa hanna was spotted at the event looking pleased and facilitating media interviews. In the after math there has been no public comments yet from her camp.
December 29, 2013 11:49AM
Ras_Adam

The Don Gorgon proved to be a strong draw. People were coming out of the woodwork to see him.
December 29, 2013 12:19PM
niceup
Ras_Adam

The Don Gorgon proved to be a strong draw. People were coming out of the woodwork to see him.

The kid in the red is L-Stitch, a dancer who's dad is Dr. Cave from Caveman Sound/Studio and usually rolls with Sizzla
December 29, 2013 04:50PM
"In fact the venue was teaming with Police and private security personnel leaving some critics to ask whether the police were simply there to protect against any violence but what about also seeing to it that other laws of the land were up held?"

The police had no qualms about locking down Wickie Wackie on Dec 7th when Raging Fyah, Hempress Sativa, Dre Island and Chronixx were all scheduled to play. They locked it down just as Chronixx was about to come on stage (packed house) while just down the street a LOUD dancehall show taking place.
December 31, 2013 09:50PM
SIZZLA AND D’ANGEL BANNED FROM STING!
December 31, 2013

By Davina Henry–

KINGSTON, Jamaica:
Supreme Promotions head, Isaiah Laing, says dancehall entertainers D’Angel and Sizzla Kalonji have been banned from Sting.

According to Laing, Sizzla has been banned because he was repeatedly warned not to go on stage during the Boxing Day event and promote hate music.

Laing continued that although D’Angel was not booked for the show, she is banned as a patron because of her “embarrassing” stint during Ninja Man’s set.

“We repeatedly told Sizzla not to do any hate music and he went up there and did it. D’Angel is banned for at least 5 years as a patron. We don’t need your money D’Angel. Stay home. Watch the event on pay-per-view next year.”

Sizzla

In a release to the media, the promoters of Sting – Supreme Promotions and Downsound Records – stated that that they have taken steps to force “corrective actions” from some artists.

“We remain committed to advancing Reggae/dancehall music and the industry. We will continue to strive to improve our product and are confident that with your support we will achieve our aim,” a spokesperson said.
January 01, 2014 06:05AM
What was Sizzla saying on stage?
January 01, 2014 06:38AM
January 01, 2014 06:56AM
Well he makes his position pretty clear. Wonder if he'll ever get a visa, i don't think that performance will help. Won't matter to me, i've heard enough.

Love that reggae!
January 01, 2014 11:01AM
Sting turn Sumfest lol
January 02, 2014 03:20PM
Miguel Collins wrote:
MR LAING U NEED TO TELL THE WORLD THE TRUTH ABOUT BANNING ME FROM STING AND PERSONALLY I WASNT GOING TO DO YOUR SHOW AGAIN ANYWAYS.I DIDNT BEG U TO COME ON YOUR SHOW SO HOW U A SAY U BAN MI .LOL.TIRED A DI DISRESPECT I GET WHEN EVER I COME TO PERFORM.HOW AM I BOOK FOR A SHOW AND U HAVE POLICE BACK STAGE A DISRESPECT ME AS AN ARTISTE AND MY GUESTS THAT FOLLOWS ME TO STING.DIDNT WANT TO DO THE SHOW IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT TRU THE RESPECT OF MY FANS I DID STING.
U AND I DIDNT SIGN A CONTRACT SO HOW U A DO INTERVIEWS SAYING I BREACH YOUR CONTRACT.I DIDNT SIGN YOUR CONTRACT MR LAING.BETTER U JUST TELL THE WORLD THE TRUTH THAT YOUR SPONSORS HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY PERFORMANCE AND U HAVE FI FOLLOW YOUR SPONSORS.
January 02, 2014 05:31PM
Saw says sorry

BY RICHARD JOHNSON Senior staff reporter johnsonr@jamaicaobserver.com

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

AMONG the talking points of Sting 2013 was the clash between female deejays Lady Saw and Macka Diamond.

But at least one party is not pleased with her 'performance'

Deejays Lady Saw (left) and Macka Diamond face-off at Sting 2013, held at the Jamworld Entertainment Centre in St Catherine on Boxing Day. (PHOTO: LIONEL ROOKWOOD)

Lady Saw, who was declared winner of the clash, is today apologising for her behaviour on stage, calling it demeaning and degrading to women.

"There are a lot of people rejoicing for me out there after the clash at Sting, but there is really nothing to rejoice about," she said in a telephone interview with the Jamaica Observer.

"I am not happy about my performance and behaviour. I have stayed away from such clashes over the years, and always said I would never clash with another female artiste as I find it degrading to women and so I have always avoided a clash," a penitent-sounding Lady Saw continued.

However, the deejay who is still riding a wave of popularity with her track Heels On, revealed that despite her remorse, she was provoked into the raucous performance she gave on the night in question.

"I was provoked. An alliance has been formed against me by some other female artistes and all they do is take jabs at me, make up stories... I could not take it anymore. I was just very angry about all these years of them accusing me of trying to bring down other females in the business and I just exploded. I apologise to my fans in Jamaica and all over the world for a performance which was degrading to both of us as women," said Lady Saw.

According to the deejay, upon reflecting on the performance, she prayed and realised that she had "failed miserably" at the test which she said was put before her. However, she maintains that it was perhaps something which had to be done in order to silence her detractors.

"They tried to draw me down in the mud and I had to just put on my water boot and show them that I can do this too... I just had to prove the point that I can be classy today, and be a hood rat tomorrow... I am not proud about it, but I could not hold it anymore," she declared.

During the clash of the female deejays at Sting, both artistes descended into a heated and personal exchange. At the end of the 'battle', Lady Saw was declared winner by the massive audience.

Read more: [www.jamaicaobserver.com]
January 03, 2014 12:40PM
D’Angel and Sizzla addresses Sting ban
(NixS) @YardHype | 6 hours ago

Dancehall artistes D’Angel and Sizzla are speaking out about their Sting ban. The artistes were banned by Sting promoters after their explicit(uncalled-for) performce at Sting 30 on December 27 2013. According to D’Angel, Sting has always been about adult entertainment and maturity.

“As a grown woman and an artiste, I am entitled to entertain and perform. I have been watching Sting from I was a child and there is nothing that I did on stage at Sting that was far-fetched from all the things that have happened on that stage over the years,” she said.

She added that she has seen artistes splitting, gyrating, and clashing in what could be deemed as an explicit manner over the years without any repercussions.

problem before

“I haven’t done anything different from what has always been done at Sting. I have never seen it become a problem before, so why is it now that they are making a big mountain out of it? I went on stage with ‘The King of the Dancehall’ Beenie Man and the fans loved it, I went on stage with ‘The King of Sting’ Ninja Man and the crowd loved it. The opportunity presented itself to perform for my fans and I did that and they all loved it,” she said.

According to D’Angel, she was not the first person to behave in that manner on Sting and she definitely won’t be the last.

“I stayed true to the culture of Sting, which is energy-packed entertainment. I think outside the box. I was just having fun. It was just solid and mature entertainment. The patrons enjoyed it and the fans were happy. I represented dancehall on a wider scale. My music and career is not based on one night, my career goes on after this,” D’Angel emphasised.

“I am looking forward to a positive 2014, touring the world, and fans can look forward to a new, fierce and sexier D’Angel. For bookings, persons can contact angelsproduction@gmail.com or call 1876-484-6463,” she said.

As for Sizzla, his publicist, Olimatta Taal, told THE STAR that they (Sting promoters) should not have tried to censor Sizzla.

“It is Laing’s show but he knows the artiste that Sizzla is and he knows what Sizzla represents. If you book him for a show, don’t censor him. If you want to fight the issue, then fight the Government,” Taal said.

She also said that based on the constitution and the legal system, what Sizzla was denouncing is illegal.

“Sizzla was just expressing the values he was brought up on. Don’t censor the artiste for that,” she said.
January 05, 2014 06:31AM
Rory Stone Love wrote: "the worst one night show in the world .. there are people who have entered reggae bizz with a bag of money and people think its a good thing but they dont know they are just reggae economic hit men .."
January 05, 2014 04:07PM
Continuing to shoot themselves in the foot.........
January 06, 2014 03:33AM
January 06, 2014 02:02PM
Why is Muta even giving attention to this matter? "Every time I hear da sound......."
January 08, 2014 04:02AM
Sizzla cancelled from Amsterdam show

Published: Tuesday January 7, 2014 | 12:12 pm 51 Comments

A Dutch newspaper is reporting that the fallout related to anti-gay lyrics by dancehall artiste Sizzla has already started.

The artiste who was scheduled to perform in Amsterdam on March 16 has been cancelled.

Dutch media say the invitation to Sizzla was withdrawn yesterday, after a member of the promotion team discovered footage of a Jamaican festival of his songs including anti-gay lyrics.

Sizzla who performed on the 30th anniversary of Sting on Boxing Day has also been banned from that show.

It is reported that he spoke directly in the Pay Per View camera about his dislike for gays.
January 08, 2014 01:30PM
Like I said.............these artists just shoot themselves in the foot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login