Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reggae revival & yaadcore

Posted by Jr.Bong 
Reggae revival & yaadcore
January 04, 2014 05:41PM
I know I've already said this and so did sister irie but all I have to say is Yaadcore his self told me he wants to play at Sierra, and what better to have the whole crew showcase with him how they are killing the scene in JA
Re: Reggae revival & yaadcore
January 06, 2014 07:07AM
Big up yaadcore in the dance
January 08, 2014 06:03PM
MASSIVE!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
January 08, 2014 10:21PM
I have a feeling this dream could be coming true.. Can't wait to see what snwmf pulls off this year

Maybe not the "whole crew" but yaadcore for sure inna the dance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 12:33AM by iriebarto.
January 08, 2014 10:43PM
Please stop... Yaadcore is a personal friend but the fact is there are so many sounds and artists that have earned the right to get these bookings first.

Protoje will be in Cali in Feb and in April so yall will have plenty of chances to see him... As for the other artists being lumped into the "Reggae Revival", Id love to see some of them get booked to play the small stage or early on the big stage, but still there are so many older artists Id rather see at SNWMF

Respect Same Way
January 08, 2014 10:53PM
"Please stop!" Hahhaha sorry that was funny to me.. Wtf people can give their vote for whomever they wanna see.. Doesn't mean it will or won't happen.. The "revival" is real and is a refreshing step forward.. But to say please stop seems like a slap in the face.. With a 3 day festival and 2 stages there is more than enough slots to fill than just what's hot in the revival right now..
January 09, 2014 06:58AM
it was kind of a joke... But I stand by the remainder of the statement
Ez Barto

Respect Same Way
January 09, 2014 07:02AM
Sorry I failed to see the humor.. @#$%& I guess iam getting old.. These jokes are just way over my head... Anyway easy always just wondering wtf was going on thru the mind of someone posting that.. Obviously had to be a joke
January 11, 2014 05:51PM
Yaadcore For SNWMF 2014
January 14, 2014 02:46AM
Forward Yaadcore for SNWMF 2014!
January 15, 2014 02:59PM
I talked to yaadcore and told him I would love to see him at a festival like Sierra,.. And he told me I would love to play SNWMF as well so I think we should forward him to the dancehalll
January 15, 2014 07:25PM
Is there somebody reggae-related that wouldn't love to play at SNWMF?
January 16, 2014 03:00AM
i'd rather hear a veteran reggae sound like stur-gav, addies, waggy-t, downbeat, jah tubbys, or even stone love....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
January 16, 2014 01:40PM
HiGrade1
i'd rather hear a veteran reggae sound like stur-gav, addies, waggy-t, downbeat, jah tubbys, or even stone love....
all those systems would be nice, except I'm over stone love at sierra
January 16, 2014 03:48PM
stone love is there every year, I would rather have fullwatts Pon da the tables
January 16, 2014 10:32PM
thanks for the thought joonyah, but like i said, to me the DH is to see old school veteran sounds.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
January 17, 2014 12:52AM
love the old school veteran sounds especially when they r on but they r not always automatic as the promoter review for the Amazura rewind show indicates (clearly they felt veteran sounds Addies and Jah Love were out of practice and not playing very well-if you almost flop Sister Nancy that is not a good sign). I think the point of the DH is to make it ram with excitement, excellent selection, skills, etc and that Yaadcore would surely do that just as many veteran sounds did when they were the up and coming tuff sound! perhaps its not an either or but both/oneness! respect same way.
January 17, 2014 12:59AM
Veterans 100% newer sounds cannot touch the veterans with regards to selection, vibe, dubbox, experience etc. Every year they play I am absolutely floored by the tracks stone love runs. You just have to pay attention some times!!

p.s. did anyone hear Downbeat drop Prince Alla "Stone" on dubplate last year!!! Was absolute madness in the dance at the exact time the it was needed!
January 17, 2014 09:20AM
Generally speaking I totally agree I am just saying that Yaadcore/newer selectors sounds can also create a serious vibe(s) and excitement in the dance and like I said I love the veteran sounds when they r on and they have created a lot of crazy vibes/moments at SNWMF (I remember Stone Love playing a Jr.Gong dubplate made especially for the festival)! Downbeat was great but I remember a lot of discussion about whether or not his run of Bob tunes was happening/effective enough I kind of came down in the middle somewhere on that one and Rodigan has been great at times in the DH but last time his ska to dancehall history lesson/lecture was a bit plodding and he was kinda being a cranky dude complaining about the sound a lot. Veterans r a must definitely but I think there is room for both just like the rest of the fest. respect same way.
January 17, 2014 02:57PM
I want king tubby or mad professor or jah love to be honest but why can't yaadcore and the revival play also one may ask??!
January 17, 2014 10:27PM
%100 endorsement for Yaadcore to run some heavy tunes at SN!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 11:27PM by blessedcoast.
January 19, 2014 03:51PM
Yaadcore is hardcore
January 19, 2014 05:17PM
Maybe different nights for veteran sound systems and new(er) and local sound systems? Fair and equitable, satisfying the consumer desire to see variety.

Peace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login