Advanced

Question about Reggae on the river

Posted by International 
Question about Reggae on the river
January 09, 2014 10:29PM
Greetings reggae lovers,
3 Day
Main Event Pass

$190<<<<<Is that includes parking your car inside the events??

Thanks.
Re: Question about Reggae on the river
January 10, 2014 06:15AM
Yes, that includes camping at the venue and parking your car in there.

Love that reggae!
January 10, 2014 11:17AM
nomotrouble
Yes, that includes camping at the venue and parking your car in there.

Not sure about that. Theres usually a fee per vehicle
January 10, 2014 11:33AM
From the 'parking' page on ROTR's web site:

"Parking for the 2014 30th Anniversary Reggae on the River™ Festival will be offered as follows. Parking is not included in the price of your ticket:

- Onsite Parking: $40 per standard size vehicle (more for oversize vehicles- no trailers please). Allows parking on site for the whole weekend with no in and out privileges.

- Day Use Parking: There is no day use parking on the festival site. Day parking is available at a variety of exterior lots and fees vary depending on the lot. Stay tuned to this page for more specific exterior parking information soon."
January 10, 2014 11:33AM
Parking

Parking for the 2014 30th Anniversary Reggae on the River™ Festival will be offered as follows. Parking is not included in the price of your ticket:

- Onsite Parking: $40 per standard size vehicle (more for oversize vehicles- no trailers please). Allows parking on site for the whole weekend with no in and out privileges.

- Day Use Parking: There is no day use parking on the festival site. Day parking is available at a variety of exterior lots and fees vary depending on the lot. Stay tuned to this page for more specific exterior parking information soon.

http://www.reggaeontheriver.com/parking.htm

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
January 10, 2014 12:15PM
How's the camping situation. Do you park in a parking area and then its a land grab or is it more organized camp areas? And what if you get there Thursday night? I haven't been there for a few years but I'm thinkin about going this year. Is it still a rugged festival, i have 2 kids I would be taking.
January 10, 2014 01:05PM
Rastavibe
How's the camping situation. Do you park in a parking area and then its a land grab or is it more organized camp areas? And what if you get there Thursday night? I haven't been there for a few years but I'm thinkin about going this year. Is it still a rugged festival, i have 2 kids I would be taking.

Depending the age of your kids, you should consider camping at Richardsons Grove State Park and then hiking in each day. Most campsites are shady and they have hot showers. If you camp in the Oak Flats section of the park its about a 25 min hike up and down a couple steep hills to an entrance at the back of the venue. If you are in the park on the West side of the 101 highway its a real long hike, well over a mile I think, unless they will allow you to walk down the highway and enter that way, which I dont think was allowed last year.. There are about 20 sites left in the Oaks Flat Section and they are going fast.

[www.reserveamerica.com]

If you camp or stay anywhere but in the venue or at Richardsons Grove SP(not sure about Cooks Valley) you will probably have to use the shuttle system which is to be avoided if possible. Inherent in any shuttle system is the overload and waiting time around the ending of the event when everyone starts leaving...
January 10, 2014 02:18PM
Sorry for the bad info, what an expensive festival. i'm staying at Richardson Grove myself also, i would highly recommend not taking any alternative that puts you on that shuttle, it's hell.

Love that reggae!
January 10, 2014 02:56PM
Thanks for the info. Is there any info as far as on site camping experience?
January 10, 2014 04:00PM
We always preferred camping offsite...Richardson Grove is awesome, as is Benbow. Standish Hickey has an AWESOME swimming hole but it's south of the festival site a ways. We parked one car on site so we had storage and a meet up spot throughout the weekend. If you're into festy chaos, park on site, if not, surrounding state parks but plan accordingly.

Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2014 04:02PM by J_72.
January 10, 2014 04:16PM
maybe you are confused. this ain't the site for that festival......

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
January 10, 2014 05:28PM
lol! smoking smiley

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
January 10, 2014 06:27PM
Lol grinning smiley
January 10, 2014 07:48PM
"This message board is a place for people to reason about reggae music and the SNWMF"

And SNWMF, not just SNWMF, and last I heard ROTR is about reggae.
January 10, 2014 11:14PM
January 11, 2014 03:16PM
Since snwmf is a worldusic festival i rhonl rhat included all music of the world talk
January 11, 2014 04:52PM
January 11, 2014 06:05PM
@Rastavibe--

Onsite camping is on the river rocks, with no shade. It used to be a land grab starting Friday a.m., but now they are letting in "early arrivals", so maybe it's a bit more mellow. I would guess most spots are pretty filled by Friday morning. It's also an all-night party vibe in most areas, so not sure if it's good for kids. I agree with others that you should see if Richardson Grove has any spots left in the Oak Flat section, that's probably your best option. Hope that helps.
January 12, 2014 09:49AM
.....Don't let these party-poopers spoil the on-site camping experience....There isn't that much late-night partying going on at ROTR. It's a new era. Last Year it was very spread out and all late night parties were focused on two zones( opposite end of the grounds)...well organized...Generally it's pretty quiet now. When you are tired you will sleep. It is a long walk back to Richardson Grove.
January 12, 2014 09:51AM
Nomore....that was the worst mis-information given ever...Most stupid comment should get a plaque...Have u ever been to Reggae on the River? They give out herbs at the door
January 12, 2014 11:41AM
little vinegar with your oatmeal this morning random?

Love that reggae!
January 12, 2014 06:41PM
oooo......ha ha ha ....lol....that one struck pretty close to home...uknowme?
January 17, 2014 11:35AM
Hi I just reserved site 156 at oak flat -Richardson grove but heard that this particular camp site is bad due to heavy winds and no shade...do you know if there's any truth to that? Is it bad enough to not want to stay there? Any advice is appreciated. I've never camped at oak flat before. Thanks in advance!
January 18, 2014 03:14PM
I challenge you to name a festival where they don't charge extra to park your car. Except burning man where they just charge u 3 times a normal price anyway.
April 03, 2014 02:08AM
I was looking forward to ROTR 30th Anniversary. I went last year and in '11 at Benbow. I recently phoned the camping venue across the street--Richardson Grove RV Park. I had a camp site set up there last year. I was on their call list. However, this year, the entire property has been reserved exclusively for only those Mateel Staff. They're also bringing back the annoying shuttle system, with the old 1970's exhaust-belching school busses. Why can't they work with Babylon to allow festival-goers to orderly cross the Highway? The festival seems to have become a big money grab, sadly. I checked Richardson Grove SP campsite and they are sold out too. The fest is fast approaching...they need to start adding some more headliners too. Looks like I may take a pass on ROTR and do SNWMW instead. Too many bloodclots a gwann inna ROTR 30th Anniv.
April 03, 2014 07:02AM
To be honest, my wife and I appreciated the shuttle system, especially since we camped offsite. It sure came in handy when we had our daughter with us. And it has only recently become a money grab? That happened years ago. I do believe they have downsized it.

Peace
April 03, 2014 12:40PM
Wait so no camping at cooks??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2014 12:46PM by iriebarto.
April 03, 2014 12:57PM
IRIEMON, I'm pretty sure the lineup below are all headliners. There is camping at Cooks. You can float to the festival.

Jimmy Cliff
Alpha Blondy & The Solar System
Gentleman & The Evolution
Israel Vibration
Gyptian
Third World
Michael Rose
Sly & Robbie and the Taxi Gang
Mutabaruka & Skool Band
April 03, 2014 01:18PM
Is it just first come first serve for cooks?
April 04, 2014 08:59AM
I hear you Iriemon. I thought they would come LARGE for the 30th anniversary, but instead we get the same old re-treads, minus Gentleman who is huge. The only groups I care to see are Gentleman, Etana, and Alpha. Not worth the $190 plus expenses. SNWMF is king in 2014!
April 04, 2014 09:13AM
Gentleman is HUGE! I am considering going just to see him! If we had not seen Alpha Blondy last year at SNWMF that would be huge too. I just wish SNWMF or ROTR would bring Dezarie out to the NW.
April 05, 2014 01:20PM
Iriemon...no problem, you may cross the street this year on two feet. All worked out.

Camping onsite has its pros and cons. depends on your kids.. but if you choose this option, dosen't hurt to take a little walk when you get parked and take a look around. maybe look for some other family type folk you can pal up with.
There is a family camp, but plan on early arrival to squeee in there.

Richardsons Grove is lovely and those showers so nice in the evening.
See you there!
April 05, 2014 02:15PM
alisha
Richardsons Grove is lovely and those showers so nice in the evening.

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 02:15PM by J_72.
April 17, 2014 12:56PM
There is no camping at cooks!! Just emailed them!!
April 17, 2014 02:46PM
gentleman was awful last time they let him headline... Im not impressed with the lineup at all but Ill be there most likely

Respect Same Way
April 18, 2014 09:25AM
my opinion but would say.... One persons opinion of how an artist played several years ago is just that. I would hope that after touring the world several times that no performer would be the same as they were as a young entertainer. People grow and get better...
April 18, 2014 09:26AM
... and Rossta I love my neighbors to the south but no part of California should ever be mistaken for the Great North West
April 18, 2014 09:44AM
I hear you Ninja, I tend to lump CA, OR, WA as the NW.
April 18, 2014 10:09AM
it is because the air is thin where you reside, I understand
April 18, 2014 10:12AM
Ninja: if youre referring to gentleman, hes gotten much worse in my opinion... when he played the river the time before that he was much better, Im really surprised that they brought him back for a 3rd time (I guess I shouldnt be since its a different promotion company)

regardless, it is as you say one mans opinion and I personally would never let one mans opinion sway me in either direction

Respect Same Way
April 18, 2014 10:13AM
norcal may not be a apart of the great northwest but it is certainly part of the great state of JEFFERSON!

Respect Same Way
April 18, 2014 10:51AM
Ninja
... and Rossta I love my neighbors to the south but no part of California should ever be mistaken for the Great North West

I would say far northern Humboldt and Del Norte counties would qualify, given the forests and continuation of northwestern environment.
April 18, 2014 11:05AM
Ninja! Its not the air but the smoke induced comma I put myself in every AM. LOL Never been known for being the brightest dude but I tell ya w
hat, I am known for being one of the happiest dudes. LOL
April 18, 2014 02:02PM
@Tahoe--

I only remember Gentleman playing at the river once, and it was Reggae Rising on Sunday night.

And how has he gotten worse? Really not feeling your comments...
April 18, 2014 02:46PM
That Gentleman show was great, a lot of people think so…or maybe it was the first one at RR. I don't see how anybody can complain about how reggae on the river is doing things. They have to trod lightly around babylon rules. Money grab my nuts. MORE REGGAE FOR CALIFORNIA!. There is nothing fresh about that lineup…..can they change it……third world is not the same RIP, Israel Vibratin is not the same (the apple has fallen far from the tree), Gyptian just put out the worst crap of his career (please don't play the new album,….I expect they will get somebody modern still……I'll be there, ….30th anniversary, my 20th anniversary of rotr……best weekend of the year, with respect to SNWMF also
April 18, 2014 03:34PM
Reggaebe: I remember him playing once at rotr and once at rr... I personally thought both performances were kinda boring (I think that about most of his material in general though)... as for getting worse, I just think hes lost some of the fire he had when younger

that being said you can refer to my last post about just being one mans opinion and how little that should sway someone elses opinion

Respect Same Way
April 18, 2014 03:47PM
rosta8888
Its not the air but the smoke induced comma I put myself in every AM

you should try the smoke induced semi colon, brother. it's amazing!

all joking aside, I LOVE this sentiment:

rossta8888
Never been known for being the brightest dude but I tell ya w
hat, I am known for being one of the happiest dudes.

amen rossta8888 amen.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
April 18, 2014 08:22PM
so then…..(the NorthWest) shares a border with Mexico?….Go back to geography class. I really liked Gentleman's shows a lot. To say it was horrible really shows how different the opinons are on this phorum. I would also like to re-emphasize the point that the consensus of the phorum regulars barely reflects the opinions of the SNWMF massive. I say representing about 7% of the general opinion of SNWMF goers. Gentleman is the main highlight of that lineup for me. …
April 19, 2014 09:59AM
I certainly never used the word "horrible"
April 19, 2014 10:29AM
Respect Tahoe,

It's funny because I am just finally to really like Gentleman, not that I didn't before, but I've never had any of his CD's or anything. I was listening to his new album "New Day Dawn" on youtube and I'm really feeling it! Check it out!
April 20, 2014 10:17PM
right tahoearmada…u said "awful" not "horrible"…..to me awful means horrible. ...6 of one half dozen of another. Gentleman is great. Gyptian's new album is horrible and awful and strictly for the ladies. I can't believe he's coming. I don't think that concert bowl is big enough for his ego. i'll watch but i probably won't clap..
April 21, 2014 06:34AM
Gentleman at Reggae Rising was good, but Freddie MacGregor and Marcia Griffiths carried that day for me. IMO, Gentleman puts on an entertaining stage show. I'd travel to see Gentleman, again.

Gyptian has consistently disappointed me live. He just can't carry a tune. I would not get off the couch to put his music on my soundsystem.

Cheers.
April 21, 2014 12:00PM
randomguy2u
right tahoearmada…u said "awful" not "horrible"…..to me awful means horrible. ...6 of one half dozen of another. Gentleman is great. Gyptian's new album is horrible and awful and strictly for the ladies. I can't believe he's coming. I don't think that concert bowl is big enough for his ego. i'll watch but i probably won't clap..

Yeah Gyptian is not my cup of tea, amazing he has kept any momentum in his career. I guess VP helps, but $30 to see him headline a club show. I hope some ladies enjoy the crooning. Let's go with some new sounds instead of the retread. I octane anyone? Look how natural black shell dung reggae last year and his career was/ is DOA. But he had never played before and has nice tunes. Where's Jah Cure? Wasn't he freed 5 or 6 years ago and just nothing. I know the visa thing but let's freshen up with some new vibes. So many artists!
April 21, 2014 02:35PM
I'd be down for I Octane for sure. It sounded like Gentleman just killed it last week with Kabaka & Gappy Ranks. I saw some decent footy with Kabaka, Gappy & Gentleman on stage together. Looked like a sound system show tho.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2014 02:49PM by DJ Treez.
April 21, 2014 04:43PM
so agree with u scroots ...whoa…..kabaka, gentleman, and gappy on the stage together.! awesome , where was that?……..yes I-Octane would be fantastic. I wish they'd just start over on this lineup….It's like there's 20 reggae artists out there and they just keep changing the combination of the same old groups who aren't even the same anymore. The lineup really suprises me after last year featured Chronixx, Kabaka, Natural Black, and Junior Kelly. I guess that was just to win everybody back to ROTR and French's camp. however, didn't the lineup start off like this last year, and they added all the previously mentioned later on?
April 21, 2014 05:17PM

April 23, 2014 11:06PM
how can u expect people to jump if u don't run the track? that'll be 3 jumps and stop
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login