Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Message to REGGAE ANGELS with all due respect

Posted by strikkly 
Message to REGGAE ANGELS with all due respect
January 11, 2014 01:48AM
I went to ASHKENAZ the other night to FULLJOY the near saint DON CARLOS and his overwhelming vibes. To my surprise it was packed.
I will qualify my constructive criticism with my genuine love that comes first and inspires me to even humbly make these comments.
REGGAE ANGELS, I do love you guys, and I personally know and love the lead singer who I have known for many years.
Your set was extremely amateur and for that reason it lasted waaaay toooo long.
REGGAE ANGELS, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR LYRICAL CONTENT. I LOVE THE CLEAR SPIRITUAL MESSAGE.
Clearly the lead singer who I know and respect has taken his time to recognize some transcendent spiritual simplicities such as don't be complainers, clean up your hearts from jealousy greed envy etc. They sing of consistent beautiful spiritual concepts that I have studied, respected, known and strived to spread and practice in my life to limited success..
TO BE COMPLETELY BLUNT, It is extremely painful and frustrating to listen to these gems of wisdom to be delivered in an AMATUER STYLE..
BRING THE HEAT OF THE MESSAGE THAT YOU HAVE TO CARRY!!!!
SKILLS SKILLS SKILLS...DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Make us all proud..
I am not a YES MAN, I am here to tell you what you need to hear and what many were feeling,
C'MON SON!!!!!!!!!
RESPECT SAMEWAY!!!!!
Re: Message to REGGAE ANGELS with all due respect
January 11, 2014 08:16AM
In contrast, i felt that this was probably the best Reggae Angels show i've seen. But when i upload the video next week you can judge for yourselves.

Love that reggae!
January 11, 2014 09:28AM
nuff said
January 11, 2014 03:27PM
I was saying the same thing to myself 15 years ago when they opened for Buju at Maritime Hall. Gotta give em credit, they know how to survive.
January 11, 2014 05:57PM
Yeah, Fenton & Co. have been playing waaaay too long opening sets for eons now. Gotta admire their dedication & commitment to the music though...
January 11, 2014 09:02PM
January 12, 2014 07:09AM
A common theme in this thread seems to be his commitment to , and hard work for, reggae music.

Peace
Jeff
January 12, 2014 12:14PM
strikkly
I do love you guys, and I personally know and love the lead singer who I have known for many years.

Whether folks agree w you or not I would trust you make sure recommendations and feedback directly to someone who you know and love. As the sayings go, "we are our brothers keeper" and "iron sharpens iron".
January 12, 2014 03:35PM
i never heard them
just seen the comments here over the years

January 12, 2014 05:49PM
J_72
A common theme in this thread seems to be his commitment to , and hard work for, reggae music.

Peace
Jeff

The other common theme seems to be they suck.
January 12, 2014 07:29PM
Chimino you killin me winking smiley
January 12, 2014 07:47PM
Chimino
J_72

Peace
Jeff

The other common theme seems to be they suck.
The band is solid. The singer sucks...
January 12, 2014 10:48PM
Truly to be fair, the band is one of the hardest working and busiest backing bands in Cali and is dope. Nuff respect
January 13, 2014 04:51PM
2004 Thread of the year....
From what I've seen the opening sets ARE a lot shorter than they used to be .
January 15, 2014 12:04PM
Do you think they have been around so long and do a lot of the backing because Fenton is also a booking agent of some sort?
January 15, 2014 02:17PM
Fenton is a business mastermind. The reggae angels are tuff and tested and they do real reggae business.
Just when you need it, Fenton sends everybody to the bar for another round of drinks before the headliner(s).
January 15, 2014 02:55PM
DJ Jacques : WBLK Dancehall Massive
Truly to be fair, the band is one of the hardest working and busiest backing bands in Cali and is dope. Nuff respect

Musical chairs except Sandrum, but yes they are hardworkers all dozen of them...lol
January 15, 2014 04:05PM
papajoshua
DJ Jacques : WBLK Dancehall Massive

Musical chairs except Sandrum, but yes they are hardworkers all dozen of them...lol

Don't forget Brett Harmon on guitar who is a constant (in the years I worked with that crew I don't think I saw a single show with them that didn't have Brett on guitar)

For what it's worth.... Yes as an opener Fenton can have a tendency to go on too long at times. I've seen them do some really good shows and some not-so-good shows. The albums usually have some nice tracks from both an arrangement standpoint as well as lyrical content.

As a business person - the man puts in a lot of work. Aside from shows you see him perform at, he's the agent that gets a lot of artists booked where you're not seeing him perform. I can fully understand why his music/live sets aren't to many people's tastes. At the end of the day, he's a good guy who means well
January 15, 2014 04:33PM
The Reggae Angles is a 3 or 4 piece harmony group that plays with many backing bands. In the video above he is playing with Mykal Roses backing band. He works with what ever band he put together for a Headling Artist Tour then he opens.
Big Ups to Fenton and the work he does. His live shows are hit and miss, but ways filled with a positive vibe.
January 16, 2014 05:37AM
Dr Suess
As a business person - the man puts in a lot of work. Aside from shows you see him perform at, he's the agent that gets a lot of artists booked where you're not seeing him perform. I can fully understand why his music/live sets aren't to many people's tastes. At the end of the day, he's a good guy who means well

thumbs up
January 16, 2014 08:42AM
I have a message for Reggae Angels too.

Keep up the good work!!
January 16, 2014 10:29AM
Like when someone says 'No offense, but....' you can be sure what will be said WILL be offensive. I guess it's the same when someone says, 'with all due respect...'

Love that reggae!
January 16, 2014 11:47AM
Hey with all due respect, I just used that phrase very respectfully and constructively on another site just a moment ago. smoking smiley
January 16, 2014 01:43PM
No offense intended!

Love that reggae!
January 21, 2014 06:02AM

Love that reggae!
January 21, 2014 07:25AM
Hey I will qualify my original statements by saying that I have thoroughly enjoyed earlier sets of the REGGAE ANGELS that lasted about 30 minutes.
The problem with the particular set in question is that people were waiting for DON CARLOS and maybe have not been to a reggae show inna while, and just survived christmas et al, SO my attitude coming away from the show was..........as I dug into my crates and ran more tunes......OTHER ARTISTS DESERVE A CHANCE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT OPENING ACT. Respect sameway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login