Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Isn't interesting when..........

Posted by reggaefan 
Isn't interesting when..........
January 12, 2014 07:43PM
so-called 'Rastas' - and I stress the term 'so-called' - decide to use rather highly offensive pejoratives but probably wouldn't like it if someone called them an offensive name?

I guess sporting [some] dreadlocks and wearing red, green and gold tams doesn't always equate to peaceful, intelligent thoughts and language.

Claiming 'Rasta' sure has gone downhill over the years...

Who the dunce cap fit... some just need to stop calling themselves Rasta...

Re: Isn't interesting when..........
January 12, 2014 08:26PM
I wonder about the aggressive, bun Fiyah talk as compared to both the personality of Selassie and the teachings of Jesus.
January 13, 2014 01:52AM
Being as Rasta is not a structured religion, what you consider tenants of the faith differ from others.
January 13, 2014 04:27AM
It seems if you are going to call yourself something named after a historical person you would at least try to emulate the same characteristics as that person..."try" being the key word.

Peace
January 13, 2014 05:07AM
Makes sense to me. About as much sense as my neighbor Jesus who drinks Corona and Sol on his porch every Sunday and throws the bottles in my yard.
January 13, 2014 05:21AM
The difference being your neighbor Jesus was named at birth and a personal name whereas "Rasta" is based on Ras Tafari and what some people mindlessly call themselves while acting the complete opposite.

But you already know that and just want to be cynical and argumentative, right Chimino?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 05:21AM by J_72.
January 13, 2014 06:05AM
I prefer not to be self-righteous by judging other people for how they choose to identify themselves, Jeff.
January 13, 2014 12:02PM
self-right·eous (slfrchs)
adj.
1. Piously sure of one's own righteousness; moralistic.

I am neither pious nor righteous, so the term wouldn't fit. If a person chose to call themselves a Christian and then acted like an asshole I would make the same critique. That's not self righteous, that's critical thinking.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 12:27PM by J_72.
January 13, 2014 03:58PM
Jeff u r 1 of the most humble and intelligently thoughtful people I have ever reasoned with. Chimino haven't metcha but u seem like a good dude. Don't get caught up in this tasteless overly re-heated and re-hashed @#$%&-stirring garble. Forward the positive vibes to SNWMF. smileys with beer

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
January 13, 2014 04:41PM
J72 - you are never going to make bigots not be bigots.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login