Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lutan Fyah

Posted by rossta8888 
Lutan Fyah
January 13, 2014 07:52PM
Really been digging on Lutan in the VI Fish market videos, I have never really listened to his music and therefore am not familiar with any of his works other than some compilations with VI artists. Anyone have some Lutan albums they would recommend I start with?? Thank you! Also, just for fun lets post some of your favorite Lutan Fyah songs or Lutan compilations with other artists.
Re: Lutan Fyah
January 13, 2014 07:53PM
January 13, 2014 08:22PM
Lutan Fyah and Spectacular........

jps
January 13, 2014 08:46PM
My favorite Lutan album is Phantom War. I've listened to that album from beginning to end I don't know how many times.

Time and Place is nice too on the Lustre Kings label. Believe that may have been his first album.

Reallly can't go wrong with any of his work though. His last few have been really good too.
January 13, 2014 08:51PM
Thanks JPS! I have been meaning to buy that Lustre Kings album, really like LK and there awesome label! I forgot they did a Lutan album. I cannot wait for the Igrade Lutan album to drop! Igrade has overtaken as my favorite label by far! Everything Tippy is putting out blows me away. In fact I am looking forward to the next Igrade Midnite album as much as I was Lion out of Zion (which IMO is an amazing album).

Never heard of Phantom War, off to look it up! Thank you Sir! Cant wait to meet you and Kristy in person someday soon! Maybe a VI trip! Any plans to come to SNWMF this summer?
January 13, 2014 09:20PM
Big Up Lutan Fyah and Lustre Kings!!!! You gotta see a live performance to catch the fyah
January 13, 2014 09:45PM
Would love to catch Lutan Fyah live! I would imagine that I've been to festivals he has played at, I just didn't take notice.
January 13, 2014 09:57PM
This is the dubplate session video that introduced me to Lutan Fyah. I found it on a Chezidek search and realized I liked Lutan Fyah better than Chezidek!

January 13, 2014 11:17PM

Love that reggae!
January 13, 2014 11:19PM
Thanks for sharing NOMO!
January 13, 2014 11:40PM
Lutan is a very prolific artist. His work ethic is amazing and he pops up on riddims left and riddims right. I highly recommend checking him live. He put on a fabulous sound system show with us here in Tahoe last winter. Really nice guy as well.

One of my personal favs is Isis to the King.

[www.youtube.com]

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2014 05:34AM by DJ Treez.
January 13, 2014 11:43PM
Thanks DJ Treez! Appreciate the info! Everyone has nothing but good things to say about Lutan Fyah! That is awesome to hear!
January 13, 2014 11:56PM
This is a great one as well.

eh, wrong vid. I'll post it later. The tune is called Africa.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 11:57PM by DJ Treez.
jps
January 14, 2014 12:17AM
Yes Tyler, hopefully we will meet someday....I'm sure it will happen. Would love to make it out to SNWMF one year, not this year though. We are planning a trip to JA in a few months.

Do you have the various artists album Jah Golden Throne on Zion High Productions label? It's all ZIK productions and there is a Lutan track on there too. You will recognize some of the riddms.

We were lucky to have Lutan here in Durham, NC about 2 years back at a very small venue. Only about 50 people there and he hadn't rehearsed with the band before, so you could see the communication wasn't all there, but no frustrations at all on his part. Put on a great show and when I was thanking him for coming out, he said that he puts his all into his performances no matter if it's 50 people or 5000 people.

Complete respect for the man.
January 14, 2014 12:28AM
video: [www.youtube.com]

January 14, 2014 12:47AM
January 14, 2014 12:50AM
January 14, 2014 02:09AM
my opinion? better on riddims and singles than on albums...

huge depth of inspiring lyrics. Lutan Fyah is near the top a mi list...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
January 14, 2014 02:31AM
He played at SNWMF 2 years ago. Where was you at Rossta?
January 14, 2014 04:53PM
I would love to see him again on a future snwmf lineup...I loved his performance a couple years ago! thumbs up
January 14, 2014 07:57PM
Ras Danny
my opinion? better on riddims and singles than on albums...

huge depth of inspiring lyrics. Lutan Fyah is near the top a mi list...

Have to agree! And the live shows are the fyah!!

Phantom war is also my favorite tho if I were to pick one..
January 14, 2014 10:37PM
Hey Reggaebe, I did not attend SNWMF two years ago, do not remember why but it was either because I spent my money following Man Utd around on there USA tour or it was the year that I started my freight brokering business and was broke for a good year. One way or the other I missed two years of SNWMF, Was at 2011 and than last year my friend. Bummed I missed Lutan though for sure.
January 14, 2014 10:39PM
Going to order that Phantom War cd today, Ernie bs the best place?? I also want to support LK so I have to have that Lutan album as well. Thanks everyone for all the amazing knowledge you have shared, blessed to be apart of this awesome phorum.
January 14, 2014 11:19PM
Lutan 's toppa toppa
As said above a great live performer, some of best shows for me over last 5 years have been Lutan's. He's my favorite modern chanter. Definitely try and catch him perform if you can.
Agree Phantom War a solid album. I'd advise his double cd of Africa that is loaded with hits. Here's a live What A Woe recorded by Nomotrouble at 2012 SNWMF:

January 14, 2014 11:40PM
Lutan is one of the best artists out there..... I have seen him play multiple times and never seen a bad show....
His set at the river a few years back was pure fya.... lutan can kill it on any stage he steps pon.... the village stage at snwmf was more of an intimate vibe so it seemed he played much mellower tunes.... bring em back to the valley stage with a nighttime slot and watch him bring that big tunes full of energy!

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
January 15, 2014 02:11AM
Awesome Tune Rossta8888 thumbs up

jps
January 15, 2014 02:31AM
BUCKET-HEAD is right, that is a wicked track. Haven't pulled that album out in a while but I need to now for that song.

Another good combo track from a while back on that same Minor 7 Flat 5 label.

January 15, 2014 03:25PM
Ready whenever Rossta8888......Give a link.....thanks for all support and kind words.
Lutan is on our up-and coming "Junction" riddim run set for release in Spring 2014....

First single/video, February 18th (for sure this time) "For the Children" = Jahdan Blakkamoore and Kabaka PYramid

LK
January 15, 2014 07:23PM
Lutan is one of the best....Totally agree with High-Grade...Reggae Rising show was so great...Village stage show was mellow but good. Need to put him on main stage.
January 15, 2014 07:36PM
That video sounds real nice LK! Looking forward to that! Keep us posted.

Buckethead and JPS, really enjoyed both of those songs, thanks for sharing!

The more I listen to Lutan the more I realize Ive been missing out! LOL I am always late on the reggae scene, found Midnite and VI roots late and now so stuck on it I am not expanding my knowledge and checking out other artists.
January 19, 2014 11:19PM
did u c him at reggae rising? the same year as Sizzla i think...favorite Lutan show ever...
January 21, 2014 05:53PM
Absolutely one of the best live performers out there right now. His show at RR was during the sunset, right before the Capleton slot. Phantom War, Time & Place, Africa are my favorites.

His vocal control, delivery and wordplay never get boring. Lutan is at the top of my list for performers that I am really looking forward to watching develop over the next 20 years, because I think he is in this for the looong-haul. Chronixx is #2 on that list in case you are wondering. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
January 21, 2014 07:31PM
thumbs upthumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 07:37PM by juanlove.
January 25, 2014 12:22AM

One of my favorites !
January 26, 2014 02:00AM
Greetings
This is lutanfyah in person
I'm here chilling with my friend
Chuck ,I've been reading this forum and
It make me feel so good and appreciated .
Nuff raspect to each and everyone here and
I must say, you all here give me the impetus to work
And as I pray for long life and length of days I
Can see the result of Jah great effort.
Rastafari liveth!
January 26, 2014 02:33AM
Just one more reason Lutan is such a great artist...Cuz he's a great PERSON. Big up ya self Mr. Fyah.
January 26, 2014 06:13AM
Fully support Lutan and all of his works. The first time I seen him live was in Portland at Conans pub back in the day, touring with Jah mason, probably 2001-2.
He was a solid performer back then and has steadily risen over the years. His performance at Reggae Rising prior to Gentlemen was off the charts, such energy and huge archive of material. I think Gentleman was running behind schedule and Lutan stayed on stage overtime and fully represented.

More life fo Lutan and hopefully big tings in the future, I think he's hugely underrated and deserves way more rapsect out there in terms of tours and appearances. Large up king
January 26, 2014 05:58PM
wow....very cool 2 c an artist read his compliments....Lutan does have a huge archive.....Always conscious lyrics artist.
January 27, 2014 08:47PM
Just came on to give a review of Time and Place by LK, saw that Lutan himself posted on here! Really enjoyed reading your post Lutan. I love Time and Place! Cannot get enough of that album right now, it has even cut into my Midnite listening so that should say something! Lustre Kings did an amazing job with Lutan Fyah on that album! I also picked up a few other Lutan albums but have not gotten into them yet, soon come and then I can post another review. On Time and place I love She's like a rainbow, Stress fee and fire in the barn. The whole album is good but those stand out to me so far. Big up Lutan Fyah and Lustre Kings!
jps
January 27, 2014 10:23PM
And check the new single "Beat Dem" that just released today on the Jah Warriah Riddim produced by Zion I Kings. Wicked track.....available at itunes.
January 27, 2014 10:28PM
Thanks JPS! I will check that out after work! thank you Sir!
jps
January 27, 2014 10:44PM
No problem Tyler. It's a new riddim album that will be released next month, but there were 3 singles that released early. You will like one of the other tracks too as it's Jahdan ft Pressure.

It's a big riddim that first appeared on the Lloyd Brown - Rootical album if you have heard that one. You can preview all of the the tracks though.....one is Midnite.
January 28, 2014 04:03PM
Did not get a chance to check out that Jahdan Ft Pressure track but got my copy of Reemahs album in the mail yesterday from Tippy! Listened to that all night, loved it! Zion I kings riddim this morning of FB with Lutan Fyah, JahDan, Pressure and Ziggi Recado. Only track I have checked out so far is Beat Dem by Lutan but its a big tune! Don't know where I have been the last few years because Lutan Fyah is BIGTIME!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 04:08PM by rossta8888.
January 28, 2014 04:05PM
I see there is a Midnite tune too on this Jah Warrior riddim by Zion I kings!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login