Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An observation

Posted by bigvein 
An observation
January 16, 2014 10:47AM
they just dont make music like this anymore..

where are the harmonies? where are the vocal arrangements in todays music?

dont get me wrong, i love today's culture music to the max. however, that 'it', that 'soul' is just missing..
Re: An observation
January 16, 2014 11:02AM

the vocal arrangements.. the harmonies.. the instrumentation.. just mind blowing.. as if angels directed the song writing and production..
January 16, 2014 11:09AM
this version has been one of my favs since 1991(fountain valley, ca).. when i first discovered it in my cousin's tape collection. he said he bought it in japan or fiji.. while on some surf trip.

well charged - rough trade

January 16, 2014 10:38PM
That Itals footage is absolutely sick, off the chain. I'm glad that was in my head tonight! The digital phenomenon was/is a blessing and a curse man.
January 18, 2014 09:44AM
always talking about the right
yet you do the wrong thing!

RUN TUNE!!!!

kick drum and bassline so in sync.. so on time.. its sickening..

January 18, 2014 10:26AM
January 18, 2014 10:29AM
January 18, 2014 02:51PM
The music is a hustle now....you can't hustle in a group for too long.
January 18, 2014 04:25PM
Regarding Itals?? Loved them live in that time---never a bad show. And as I've said here before, happy the original trio had a spot @ Rebel Salute & really connect to the crowd. R.I.P. Mr. Ricketts...Keith & Ronnie, still with us.
January 19, 2014 05:31PM
our friend (and SNWMF festival DJ) Jah Yzer was on facebook about this not too long ago... was a post that got a hell of a lot of "likes" and comments for what that's worth... but if nothing else it means there are more than just a few of us that want back for this old quality.

i'm not sure if it will come again. those times were then, these times are now... but who knows, time will tell.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login