Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gentleman

Posted by Reggabe 
Gentleman
January 17, 2014 10:54AM
So I've been checking out Gentleman's new (to me) album "New Day Dawn" via Youtube. Really liking it! How did I sleep on this for so long? This man is extremely talented, and his works have often been overlooked by me. Love his passion & soul.
Has he ever played at SNWMF? I think he would make a great headliner!

Forward Gentleman to SNWMF 2014!
Re: Gentleman
January 17, 2014 12:19PM
Yes, he played back at Angels Camp in 2004.
January 17, 2014 12:23PM
another german, million stylz, is nice too.
January 17, 2014 02:29PM
"In My Arms" on Natural Juice is in steady rotation fi mi
January 17, 2014 02:50PM
I heard from Walt Waters back in the day that the Gentleman show in 2004 was AMAZING!
January 17, 2014 05:40PM
2004 huh? Well that was 10 years ago, and after listening to New Day Dawn it seems he has grown as an artist (or at least maintained a high level). Was it nominated for a Grammy?

And bigvein, I believe Million Stylez is Swedish (& of Algerian descent?).

Bring back Gentleman to SNWMF! smiling smiley
January 17, 2014 06:12PM
I believe SNWMF 04 was Gentleman's U.S. Debut...
Forward Gentleman in BooMVille in 2014 ~> & Million Stylez thumbs upthumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
January 18, 2014 02:40PM
He had two shows...o wait one of them was on the river......My favorite performer live that can play right now.....
January 18, 2014 04:04PM
randomguy2u
He had two shows...o wait one of them was on the river......My favorite performer live that can play right now.....
He absolutley mashed down the place at Reggae Rising a few years ago. Big forward for gentlemen for 2014
January 19, 2014 02:36PM
Yeah that's a non Jamaican who made his skills among the tightest in the industry before he perpetrated the role so to speak. Gentleman earned his stripes by grabbing the mic in Jamaica. And that fact goes to your domepiece BV, your words have again exceeded your intelligence.
January 19, 2014 07:40PM
@strikkly...

bigvein
another german, million stylz, is nice too.

This is the only quote from 'BV' on this thread that I can see, then you say:

strikkly
Yeah that's a non Jamaican who made his skills among the tightest in the industry before he perpetrated the role so to speak. Gentleman earned his stripes by grabbing the mic in Jamaica. And that fact goes to your domepiece BV, your words have again exceeded your intelligence.

What the hell is wrong with you? Talk about words exceeding intelligence, pot meet kettle...
January 19, 2014 08:56PM
Well, not one of those milion stylez is German
January 20, 2014 07:43AM
Million Stylez is half French half Japanese and lives in Sweden.
walter is an old man who lives in san Diego?
BV is a Mormon who lives in Arizona?
Which one of these statements is true and which is false???
Well the first statement is a fact.
If you want to dismiss an artist then atleast come correct.
January 20, 2014 11:26AM
Million Stylez Wiki

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
January 22, 2014 03:08PM
Other German reggae artists that are great include Cornadoor, Jahcoustix & Long Fingah.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
January 22, 2014 03:44PM
If he was born and raised in Sweden, wouldn't he be Swedish?
January 22, 2014 07:03PM
This is some seriously insane footage of Gentleman live on stage in JA at 18. Before he even started, they booed, then he ends up getting an encore. The actual show starts at just after 3 mins. If you have not seen this I'd def check it. If you know German, more power to ya.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
January 22, 2014 10:23PM
January 23, 2014 02:41PM
Why does this thread have to be about Gentleman's German-ness?

I was just saying he's got mad lyrical skills, his new album is good, and that he would be an excellent headliner for SNWMF 2014!
January 23, 2014 02:52PM
January 23, 2014 03:07PM
My question is, does Gentleman speak English, or is he just fluent in Jamaican Patois?
January 23, 2014 04:51PM
i dont know this to be true but heard he learned english in JA
so the patois is his accent for english language
a
January 23, 2014 08:27PM
J-72 ....U R Correct according to the Department of Immigration. Now Is it Germaican or Germenglish?
January 23, 2014 11:13PM
his lyrics are a little too complex to have just learned English while in JA.
January 23, 2014 11:39PM
Reggabe
his lyrics are a little too complex to have just learned English while in JA.
So are you implying Jamaicans cannot form complex statements or sentences? This really makes no sense.
January 24, 2014 08:41AM
Seriously the mans skills, deeds, actions and word sound power transcend his whiteness, german-ness or european-ness. Extremely heartical and kind in person despite his SUPERSTAR status in Europe. His father was a preacher so I think that led to his spiritually reflective language and depth. Epic band the Far East Band are supertight and travel with him, as well as his wife who is a backup singer. epic performer and a great example to humanity.
January 24, 2014 09:33AM
Gentleman's upcoming dates are listed as "Gentleman and the Evolution." Not sure which, if any, members of Far East Band are in Evolution....
January 24, 2014 10:18AM
c'mon ebh, what I meant is that he must have learned English from a young age to have such a firm grasp on the language, not just from learning it for a few years in Jamaica. I'm pretty sure they teach several languages starting from a young age in many European countries. Of course Jamaicans can learn perfect English. Please don't jump to conclusions about me...
January 25, 2014 08:41AM
Reggabe
c'mon ebh, what I meant is that he must have learned English from a young age to have such a firm grasp on the language, not just from learning it for a few years in Jamaica. I'm pretty sure they teach several languages starting from a young age in many European countries. Of course Jamaicans can learn perfect English. Please don't jump to conclusions about me...
Not jumping to conclusions about anybody, I was just pointing out how ridiculous that statement was.
January 27, 2014 08:24AM
Raggabe's statement made perfect sense to me. I would think anyone who just learned english would have a really hard time putting together the lyrics he does no matter where he learned the language.
January 27, 2014 02:31PM
I understood what you were trying to say Reggaebe, I have a lot of respect for Europeans and how many languages they speak, blows me away.
January 27, 2014 11:35PM
Now that is somebody I could be excited about seeing at SNWMF.
January 31, 2014 12:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login