Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rebel Salute, first night

Posted by Sista Irie 
Rebel Salute, first night
January 18, 2014 09:24PM
Rebel Salute last night was excellent! After a very rainy afternoon, the sky cleared off, thankfully. Artists were all in top form. I particularly loved Iba Mahr, Kabaka Pyramid, Pentateuch, Jessee Royal, Hempress Sativa, Damian Marley, and all the foundation artists. Although, those are some performances that come to mind, all the artists came through well. The new venue is well organized and the crowd was joyful! Big up Rebel Salute....photos to come!

Crime in Negril getting really out of control..sad to see. We have a house there and I am beginning not to feel safe even in my own home.
Re: Rebel Salute, first night
January 19, 2014 02:19AM
i know you have fam house & land there,
but i worry about you every time you're down there
please be safe
a

[www.thestar.com]

[www.theguardian.com]
January 19, 2014 01:55PM
Greetings and thanks Ras A. Yes, it is true, Negril ROUGH these days. More fences and security and seems like increasing crime every time I go. A pedestrian was killed on the road near our house too. That is the ugly side of Jamaica and I don't like the direction it is going in.

On the other side of the coin, Rebel Salute, night two was also fun and exciting. Night two favorites for me was Bob Andy, Jah Bouks and Queen Ifrica. Jah Cure also gave a great performance. SO many great artists both nghts. My ears are tired!

Ras A, thanks so much for caring. It makes me feel so grateful to have you as a friend.
January 19, 2014 02:31PM
Sista Irie, it was great to see you Ricky and Zema as always. Glad the 2nd night went well.
January 20, 2014 08:23PM
January 22, 2014 12:18AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login