Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please help this family man with fest. suggestions.

Posted by Rastavibe 
Please help this family man with fest. suggestions.
January 31, 2014 10:50PM
I've been a long time attendee to SNWMF. and I plan on taking my family which includes my 6 yr. old daughter and my baby who will be about 10 months old come fest time. This fest has always been very family friendly. With festival & concert season about to kick in high gear, ARE there any other festivals/ Shows that are family friendly for kids. I took my 6yr to ROTR/REGGAERISING when she was just a baby. We got the Thursday 4day camping those years which made it somewhat easy, but I haven't been back since, so I don't know what to expect this year. I need to pick and choose my festivals/shows very carefully. Please any recommendations where I can take my family for a nice show. Please shows only in Cali. Thank you!
Re: Please help this family man with fest. suggestions.
January 31, 2014 11:17PM
Two under attended festivals i went to last year were both very nice and would be easy for families:

Beneficial Reggae Festival was up in Forestville on an Indian facility, tons of room, not enough attendees for the excellent lineup, last year among others, Midnight Sun Massive, Iqulah, Kulcha Knox, Nambo Robinson, I-Taweh, Everton Blender and Black Uhuru. You can depend on Kristi and I-Taweh to bring another great lineup, heck it's worth it to see I-Taweh anyway.

One Love One Heart Reggae Festival in Sacramento, over the labor day holiday. A nice spot with lots of shade, easy parking, plenty of food. Music was great, i went one day only unfortunately. If its not too hot i'm going back this year. Scene here was very mellow, i loved it.

Love that reggae!
February 01, 2014 02:37AM
Also, the Unity Festival in Guernville in September. Nice little festival, i think it was two days, i went for one to see Rootz Underground. I'll be going again this fall. It was behind an old inn or something on the river in Guernville, big grassy area in between the building and the river with hills and shade, great for kids. You can get as close to the music as you like and still see well from the hillside, or stay further away if you want it quieter, or hang out in the river as many people did, in boats and inner tubes.

Love that reggae!
February 01, 2014 05:06AM
Ditto...Beneficial was a welcome discovery for me last year. It would be easy to keep track of little ones and very chill vibe.

Unity had the advantage of being in town.....hope the river still has water after this drought.
February 04, 2014 12:23AM
For sure One Love One Heart on the Sacramento River Labor Day Weekend. Funny you say "under attended" for this one Nomo, 2013 I saw a significant increase in attendees over 2012. I would guess this festival will soon outgrow the current location, I personally love the "small" family feel this festival has. Not to mention, it's only about 20 minutes from home, yay! See ya there! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login