Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Mykal Rose

Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Mykal Rose
February 01, 2014 07:49AM
Re: SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Mykal Rose
February 02, 2014 09:21AM
Yes!!! It's already a blessing to see Mykal Rose live, but if he's being backed by Sly and Robbie, this will be a classic performance not to be missed. "Youth Of Eglington", "Sponji Reggae", and "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" are three of my all time favorite reggae songs, and looking forward to possibly hearing those and many other classics.
February 02, 2014 03:43PM
please tell him we all know his name and he need not waste his time or ours by yelling "WHATS MY NAME WJATS MY NAME?!?!?!?"
February 02, 2014 08:31PM
I love Michael Rose. I think he has the greatest, most powerful voice. I am lucky enough to have seen Michael Rose many times. i am lucky enough to have seen Sly and Robbie many times. However, Mykal Rose has a long, great solo career. Can u put something in his contract to limit his Black Uhuru classics to 49%. I have been listening to him a lot lately and keep discovering great songs that I never heard and it's a shame u never see them played live. He is stuck with his role like Screech from "saved by the bell" or other permanent characters. Songs like...
real man

February 03, 2014 09:30PM

Can u put something in his contract to limit his Black Uhuru classics to 49%.

First let me state that I FULLY agree with you that it would be GREAT to have Mykal Rose's set comprised of post-Uhuru tunes which I also rate most highly.

Regarding contractual limitations, do you think it would be proper for the promoter to limit an artist's:

1.Use of profanity during his or her set?
2.Use of anti-gay lyrics during his or her set?
3.Use of the words "what's my name" during his or her set?
4.Selection of tunes to be sung/performed during his or her set...?
February 03, 2014 09:41PM
touche'
February 03, 2014 09:57PM
Daniel

Can u put something in his contract to limit his Black Uhuru classics to 49%.

First let me state that I FULLY agree with you that it would be GREAT to have Mykal Rose's set comprised of post-Uhuru tunes which I also rate most highly.

Regarding contractual limitations, do you think it would be proper for the promoter to limit an artist's:

1.Use of profanity during his or her set?
2.Use of anti-gay lyrics during his or her set?
3.Use of the words "what's my name" during his or her set?
4.Selection of tunes to be sung/performed during his or her set...?

Yes i absolutely think the promoter has that say for questions 1 and 2. For a few artists I have said I can not have any anti gay lyrics or the show would stop immediately. They had the option of saying no to my show and not booking it. I will not have any hate speeches to any race or sexual preference on a show I put on. I have not booked an artist where profanity has ever been a problem, but when booking the show if its all ages I make them aware there are childen in the audience.
As far as song choose I always try to let the artist know what my favorite song is and it is usually put in the set list. If isn't not in the set list some artists like Luciano and Caplton did the song I asked for on another riddim, which I enjoyed more than the original in Luciano's case.
February 03, 2014 10:38PM
Diesel, thats why you call it Stay Positive Sound man......

Love that reggae!
February 05, 2014 04:47PM
Personally I would love to see Rose with Sly and Robbie do a classic Black Uhuru set.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login