Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions about Junior Byles past SNWMF performance

Posted by YabbyYouFan 
Questions about Junior Byles past SNWMF performance
February 02, 2014 01:39AM
It was mentioned on here that Junior Byles performed one year at SNWMF (I think it was 1998?). For those that were there, I got a few questions that I hope you can answer, as I'm really curious as to what he was like (his mental state is well documented, but want to hear from those that were there):

What songs did he perform?

What was his voice and stage presence like?

Does anybody have any video of that performance?

Does anybody know what he is doing these days, if he's doing okay, and if he will perform live again?

I would like to see him perform live one day, and read on Wikipedia that he returned to live performance in 2004 to positive reviews, so was wondering if maybe, just maybe, he could do another festival...

Thanks for any input.
Re: Questions about Junior Byles past SNWMF performance
February 02, 2014 10:37AM
I have the audio and, to be quite honest, it's pretty terrible. Occasionally a sound man will clean him up long enough to voice a dubplate these days, and it's even worse. I wouldn't expect to see him perform live again, and if he did it would be sad to watch.
February 02, 2014 08:40PM
Chimino
I have the audio and, to be quite honest, it's pretty terrible. Occasionally a sound man will clean him up long enough to voice a dubplate these days, and it's even worse. I wouldn't expect to see him perform live again, and if he did it would be sad to watch.

Wish I could say that you were full of crap, but I was there for that show and the fact is that as nice as it was to see this classic artist on stage, the years had not been kind to him. It must have taken some really smoothe talking to get him into the country for the show. The brother was quite ill at the time and from all reports had been so for a number of years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2014 08:42PM by Jah Mike.
March 03, 2014 04:07AM
Thanks for your honest answers. No matter how he sounded, I still wish I could've made that festival...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login