Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

William "Bunny Rugs " Clark ..of Third World pass away

Posted by Redeye 
William "Bunny Rugs " Clark ..of Third World pass away
February 03, 2014 06:23AM
Top news .. William " Bunny Rugs" Clark of Third Workd passes away today .. Lead singer of Third World..
Re: William "Bunny Rugs " Clark ..of Third World pass away
February 03, 2014 06:41AM
Just saw this on FB. So sad. RIP Bunny Rugs. :-(
February 03, 2014 06:42AM
Very sad .. Lucky got to see him perform at SNWMF ...
February 03, 2014 08:35AM
This is so very, very sad. I heard he was in the hospital, but assumed he would be back soon. What happened? I've looked on the net and there is no news of how he passed.

Here's my last memory of seeing him alive:

I waited through 5.5 hours of DJ music at NWWRF in Oregon last summer, just to see Third World live for only the second time. I thought with all things considered and the crowd somewhat confused and disappointed (as has been written, some of the artists weren't paid and there was a long, and I mean LONG wait for any band to take the stage), Third World come on stage and played a really good, solid, energetic set that had the crowd in a good mood and even temporarily forgetting what had happened during the day (at least for me, anyway). Poor Bunny was cold though, and at one point he had to get a coat on, as it was pretty late in the night. But even with all that, Bunny sang through a really good set and I thoroughly enjoyed the classics and some of their newer songs. It appeared that on that late, cold Oregon night, that Third World knew they had to bring it because of what the crowd had been through, and in my honest opinion, they brought it the best they could with all things considered. And how sad that it would be the last time I would see Bunny Rugs alive.

Also, Third World is in the lineup for Reggae On the River this year (and was looking forward to seeing them again), and one of the top acts, and potentially even one of the nights' headlining spots (Friday or Sunday - Jimmy Cliff is headlining Saturday). I wonder what will happen now.

But all that aside, his passing appears to have happened somewhat suddenly, and you got to feel for Bunny's family, friends, fellow band members, and all reggae fans around the world that they brought happiness too.
February 03, 2014 10:16AM
Oh wow........I am shocked......what was he in the hospital for? This is terrible news
February 03, 2014 10:24AM
Sounds like it was cancer"................awful
February 03, 2014 12:26PM
Bless Up ... One Of The BEST Voice out Of Jamaica , Verry Nice Person ...

REST IN LOVE ... Strenght Up To his Family & Friends ... RASTAFARI ...
February 03, 2014 12:59PM
Bunny Rugs SNWMF 2012 You will be greatly missed and your works will stand as a mountain of memories for all the reggae fans across the world. My heart goes out to all of Third World and the friends and family of a well loved musical legend.

This photo from SNWMF 2012

February 03, 2014 01:09PM
[jamaica-gleaner.com]

"the Spirit Lives......."
William "BUNNY RUGS" Clark
February 6, 1948 - February 2, 2014

AJ
February 03, 2014 06:43PM
Enjoyed all the live shows and records.
RIP
February 04, 2014 12:23AM
Diane Strong wrote:
Celebrating a beautiful voice and spirit. Please enjoy from now through Friday night, Episode #3 of Reggae Strong, featuring Bunny Rugs. As a tribute to Bunny, we are offering our Third World program free to fans. Log on to www.vimeo.com/ondemand/reggaestrongtv and select episode #3 - Third World. Please use the promo code: RIPBunny
February 07, 2014 07:33PM
2012 Press Conference with Bunny Rugs and Third World:

February 28, 2014 11:48AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login