Earth Messengers and Link and Chain?
February 03, 2014 03:56AM
These two groups put out albums by the late Jack Ruby in about 1989 or so.....anyone ever hear anything about them?

It was one of the last attempts to put out new vocal harmony groups
jps
Re: Earth Messengers and Link and Chain?
February 03, 2014 04:45AM
I have the Link and Chain lp that Jack Ruby produced at home somewhere. Never really listened to it too much, but I think I remember there being a track or two that were pretty good.
February 03, 2014 01:43PM
JPS pretty much summed up the Link and Chain LP - one good track is about all I remember from their 'New Day' set [African Struggle was the one I remember thinking was the best track] and you can almost say the same for the Earth Messenger 'Ivory Tower' LP [Happiness and Contentment track]

Did find this ehhh hmmmm, 'link' if you will - at least we get their names mentioned here...

[www.reggae-reviews.com]

But Ackee123, you probably know about Foundation already, but on the long chance you [or anyone else] isn't familiar with their Jack Ruby sets, they are worth checking out, particularly this one:

Oh and of course from the same time period and also Jack Ruby produced, solo artist stylee, two must haves imo, especially the first one:

My gosh though - when the Foundation and Donovan tour hit town, those were some smashing shows...
February 03, 2014 06:06PM
Donovan is still putting out tunes once in a while. I wish someone had contact info for him. I'd like to interview him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login