Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clinton Fearon "Goodness"

Posted by Jason 
Clinton Fearon "Goodness"
February 08, 2014 05:40AM
I came across news that Clinton Fearon has a new album called "Goodness" that's due out in the spring. He's one of my favorite's ever, and I agree with those who've already said they want Mr Fearon to come back to Boonville in '14. Looks like his band is doing a kickstarter to try to raise money to bring the entire band on his tour of France. Even for those not interested in the kickstarted thing, the link below also has links to two brand new Fearon songs that I assume are off of the new album. I figured many on this forum would enjoy hearing them. He's one of those few artists that I enjoy every single song they record.

Clinton Fearon & Boogie Brown Band Kickstarter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 05:41AM by Jason.
Re: Clinton Fearon "Goodness"
February 08, 2014 06:31AM

He's one of those few artists that I enjoy every single song they record.

AGREED!!
February 08, 2014 07:59AM
He is not only a great artist, he is a genuinely humble and loving human being. SNWMF should be part of his spring tour if at all possible.
February 08, 2014 07:22PM
Support the thing if you can. Clinton goes to France often but never is able to take the whole band, hope they get to spread the vibes this year. And yes, we need Clinton back at SN this summer. If you live here in Seattle, hes playing 3 times in the next 8 days....Just sayin spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 09, 2014 09:51PM
I can't wait to hear Clinton Fearon's new album, and that is good news that he has a new album coming out soon! And hopefully he can get the money together to do the tour in France...

I agree with what everybody has said about Clinton on this thread, and I too really hope he plays at SNWMF this year. New album coming out right before June. Sounds like perfect timing to perform at SNWMF...
February 10, 2014 02:55AM
much respect to bassie, but it seems that someone may not be doing their job very efficiently.

i know being on the road can be very costly but why book a tour when you can't cover all of your expenses !

if anything bassie might want to eliminate taking his manager and sound engineer or have the sound engineer do double duty: engineer and road manager
February 10, 2014 04:45AM
Clinton Fearon would be the day I would pick if he came to SNWMF. smiling smiley
February 10, 2014 11:36AM
I wondered the same thing....kickstarter to get touring doesn't sound right
February 10, 2014 12:19PM
wellcharge
much respect to bassie, but it seems that someone may not be doing their job very efficiently.

i know being on the road can be very costly but why book a tour when you can't cover all of your expenses !

if anything bassie might want to eliminate taking his manager and sound engineer or have the sound engineer do double duty: engineer and road manager

Being on the road rarely covers expenses.You'd be surprised how little most artists go home with at the end of a tour unless they are able to a) sell a lot of merch or b) do a lot of dubplates. I can't blame them for doing a kickstarter to raise the funds... Road life is tough and there's not many who are living large off it.

As for having the sound engineer and road manager, I don't see any problem with that if their doing it to present a professional show. And having tour manager do double-duty is a really terrible idea since the tour manager is already the hardest working guy on the crew most of the time, let alone making him attend to sound full time when he should be handling other business throughout the night. That'd just cause a sacrifice in sound quality. None of the tours I've ever been on have had the luxury of bringing our own engineer - but if they're able to do it somehow more power to them.
February 10, 2014 11:14PM
Unless your getting the big guarantee Selling Merch/CDs/Dubs only way to really get extra cash in hand. factor in all the payroll/expenses/Unknown fockery and holy crap if you want an actual tour bus with driver?

Funny we were talking about some of our little road jaunts back in the day and how a venue like the Boardwalk in Orangevale could save us a few bucks with their spaghetti and awesome french bread for the bands. Also having a few roles of different colored raffle tix always helped offset the alloted free drinks for the band. Funny how many venues use Red or Blue.....it better be about the music if you take it on the road.
February 10, 2014 11:31PM
Joshwa
Unless your getting the big guarantee Selling Merch/CDs/Dubs only way to really get extra cash in hand. factor in all the payroll/expenses/Unknown fockery .

about 8 years ago I was on a tour where the van broke down in San Luis Obispo and out of the tour budget we had to rent 2 minivans (because no rental agency had a large enough van available to rent for our crew) for a week and a half. Then to top it off, later in that leg of the tour one of the vans got broken into in Mexico. Along with a stolen drum kit, merch and of course the busted window that had to be paid for... That one van breakdown led to some major unexpected financial hits.

Honestly, I don't think many people realize how expensive it is to go on tour, and how most who do it wind up with little or no return from it financially.
February 10, 2014 11:44PM
Dr Suess
Joshwa
Unless your getting the big guarantee Selling Merch/CDs/Dubs only way to really get extra cash in hand. factor in all the payroll/expenses/Unknown fockery .

Honestly, I don't think many people realize how expensive it is to go on tour, and how most who do it wind up with little or no return from it financially.

Yes, especially for rootsier or less-famous artists who don't have the option of routing club dates around a big-ticket Saturday night show in an urban dancehall.

I remember booking a show by a now-deceased legend who dated back to the ska era. Musically it was one of the best things I've ever seen in my life in any genre. But the artist just wasn't famous enough to get big guarantees, and the routing left the band with two open dates before they played my venue, during which they had to pay for all their own lodging, food, etc. Then the keyboardist left his keyboard backstage, and they needed us to overnight it to Minnesota where the next gig was. The tour was enriching for music lovers but pure almshouse for the artist.
March 03, 2014 12:20PM
Has Clinton raised enough money for his France tour? One would think that living in Seattle, there has to be a Seattle Seahawk or Seattle Mariner that has heard of Clinton, and could help him with this tour. Heck, Seahawk and Portland Blazer billionaire owner Paul Allen is a big music person, perhaps he could help?!

I hope Clinton gets to go on his tour!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login