Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Carlton Livingston, Jimmy Riley, and Half Pint

Posted by YabbyYouFan 
Carlton Livingston, Jimmy Riley, and Half Pint
February 09, 2014 09:42PM
With Sly & Robbie scheduled at SNWMF this year, it's fun to speculate if any other artists will be performing this year with them backing.

Besides the possibility of Ini Kamoze performing (I already mentioned that in another post), it's possible that Carlton Livingston, Jimmy Riley, or Half Pint could perform this year too. Sly & Robbie have backed all four of those artists on albums (and maybe all of them live too), and any of those four singers would be fantastic to see live.

Just having Sly & Robbie on the bill has my mind racing about the possibilities! Those guys are so talented! It's going to be interesting to see who they are backing this year (besides Mykal Rose), and if any other artists associated with them will be added to an already solid lineup...
Re: Carlton Livingston, Jimmy Riley, and Half Pint
February 10, 2014 01:39PM
Livingston makes the most sense, since there would be no visa involved. I'm surprised he hasn't performed at SNWMF more often.
February 10, 2014 03:06PM
thumbs up for Mr. Livingstone.
February 10, 2014 09:34PM
True, it's been awhile . Carlton for SN.
February 10, 2014 10:42PM
If Jimmy Riley were alive him and Tarrus would mash it up!
February 10, 2014 10:49PM
Rootikal
If Jimmy Riley were alive him and Tarrus would mash it up!

Jimmy Riley is alive, recording and performing. He's a regular on JA stageshows these days and performs in the states as well (did SNWMF as recently as a few years ago).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2014 10:50PM by Dr Suess.
February 11, 2014 06:30PM
Half Pint would be awesome. I saw Sly and Robbie back Half Pint and Tony Rebel about 10 years ago at the House of Blues in LA. A memorable show for sure, partly due to the monsoon conditions and the Reggae Gods looking out for us as we practically floated down the 10 freeway en route. Rebel said something about it only being the second time he had been backed by the Riddim Twins, and it showed a bit. Half Pint on the other hand just killed it, obviously having a great understanding and much practice with Sly and Robbie. I haven't really enjoyed Sly and Robbie the last few times I've seen them solo, a bit loud and dubbed out, with too much guitar solo and singing from the horn player. They were billed to back Horace Andy (as a Sat night headliner if a recall correctly) at Reggae Rising a few years back. Horace was a no show, and there wasn't even a mention about his absence. I was super bummed to say the least, especially since there was no announcement or explanation as to what was going on. So I say Sly and Robbie with Horace and Half Pint for 2014!
February 11, 2014 08:09PM
Half pint would be awesome!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login