Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reggae Band caught with Weed.

Posted by Diesel 
Reggae Band caught with Weed.
February 19, 2014 07:50AM
This happened to me twice on the road and we never made the papers.

In Idaho, carrying under three ounces of marijuana is considered a misdemeanor and punishable with up to one year in jail and $1,000 in fines. The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office was alerted that the ragged, dreadlocked crew allegedly smelled like marijuana while they were stopped at a gas station.

Four units of local deputies and state troopers were dispatched to apprehend the group, with State Trooper Adam Anderson making the arrest.

Gary M Jackson, Jason Schmidt, Brenton Delman and Dane Brendan all initially denied possession, but a subsequent search of their vehicle and U-Haul trailer with K-9 units from Rexburg led to the discovery of the illicit substance packed in their luggage.

The amount of marijuana was weighed under three ounces, but Trooper Anderson admitted the figure was skewed because it was measured while in a glass carrying container.

He also said it will not be measured accurately because it is still under the felony limit.

Trooper Anderson further asserted that suspicion arose after he smelled an odor masking agent. A marijuana cigarette butt, or “roach,” was also subsequently located.

Jackson, Schmidt and Delman then admitted to possessing marijuana. They were detained, booked and then each were released some six hours later on $5,000 bail.

The Movement opened for the celebrated dub/reggae band Iration at the Pink Garter in Jackson the previous evening and was traveling across Idaho before their Tuesday performance in Fort Collins, Colo.

They are set to appear before a judge in Fremont County on March 12 with their trial scheduled for March 26.
Re: Reggae Band caught with Weed.
February 19, 2014 11:40AM
I hope the state of Idaho and Fremont County both go broke. What a waste of taxpayer money.

Love that reggae!
February 19, 2014 12:50PM
Idaho is just living up to its rep of being a really backwards state. Definitely a place I will not be visiting soon.
February 19, 2014 01:34PM
Idaho is mostly wilderness and a very beautiful state. There are a lot of backwards states when it comes to weed.
February 19, 2014 02:13PM
On the flip side, this shows the necessity of reggae bands to not smoke herb while on the road, particularly through conservative states. I once read that Leonard Howell required his Rastafari camp to keep herb on the premises only and not take it into town. Perhaps this is the reason why.
February 19, 2014 02:45PM
It's a fair bet that they never smelled like pot, some redneck just notified the cops. Guilty of dreads, they will find something to arrest you for.

Love that reggae!
February 20, 2014 07:20PM
The most curios part of the article to me is who celebrated Iration?! winking smiley

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
February 20, 2014 08:50PM
brings to mind past history...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
February 21, 2014 02:08PM
chronicom420
Idaho is mostly wilderness and a very beautiful state. There are a lot of backwards states when it comes to weed.

thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login