Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

31 years later, "Struggle" rides again (Norris Regal)

Posted by seb_carayol 
31 years later, "Struggle" rides again (Norris Regal)
February 23, 2014 12:13AM
Hi everybody,
Just a quick note to let you know that, finally, a legendary 12'' is ready to ride again : "Struggle" by Norris Regal -a singer with just this heavy meditative roots tune recorded in the UK in 1983 under its belt, who fully disappeared off the music business right after it...

It took me a while to find him, but when I did he was ready to have this record reissued --we even found two never-before heard cuts on the master tape !

As usually with my reissues -top quality mastering and pressing, extended liner notes, plus the full story of the "hunt" to be followed by episodes on the label's blog :

www.reelheavy.wordpress.com

Episode 1 of "the search for Norris Regal" was just posted today.

Here's a link to the vocal cut -beautiful:
[soundcloud.com]

Enjoy ! Ernie B will be carrying copies in the US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 12:26AM by seb_carayol.
jps
Re: 31 years later, "Struggle" rides again (Norris Regal)
February 23, 2014 02:02AM
Thanks for this. Will be picking up a copy for sure when this reaches Ernie's.
February 25, 2014 02:37AM
large again seb

looking forward to seeing this hit the market and all the sounds and airwaves all over

let me know when you're back around, looking forward to getting caught up

nick solid rock
February 26, 2014 07:47PM
Just emailed you, Nick!

I'll post here when I know that copies reached Ernie b, yeah?
March 02, 2014 09:51PM
I just posted the pt. II of "The search for Norris Regal" on the blog...

[reelheavy.wordpress.com]

Enjoy! -seb
March 09, 2014 07:28PM
Also, finally, since a lot of peopel have been asking me : the Norris Regal "Struggle" 12" has touched ground in the US. Get your copy because it's selling pretty fast so far!

I realized I forgot to post all the 1-minute samples... Here they are :

VOCAL /
[soundcloud.com]

MANICUS & STEPPA (never-released DJ combination cut) /
[soundcloud.com]

DUB STRUGGLE (never-released dub drum & bass cut) /
[soundcloud.com]
jps
March 10, 2014 01:25AM
Thanks Seb. I ordered my copy earlier this morning.It looks like it is selling too as I see it's already reached #5 on the top selling 12" over the last week at Ernie's.

Looking forward to giving this a spin once it arrives. Love following the blog too.
March 10, 2014 02:11AM
Wicked. The Manicus and Steppa take is a real surprise. I'm a big fan of DJ combos and this one sounds very good judging by the soundclip. As jps said, the blog is a very nice way to learn more about the releases and the work involved. Keep up the outstanding work.
March 10, 2014 07:19PM
Hey Jps and Billy, thanks for the kind words! didn' know about the top 12s (it reached, like, Friday!), funny it seemed to have re-launched my first reissue too, which I see at # 10 ! Woot woot ! I'll call you from my Ferrari. Wher in all reality it probably means that 100 of one soled, and 3 of the other. But that's all fine by me, thanks for the support!

In no-related reissue news, I just started this other blog- a selection of the best signature tunes by the two English sounds that'd come to our neck of the woods in the '90s. They're responsible for having us always hunt the unusual, obscure tune ! (which in sense links back to why I reissue this type of vinyl...). Watch and listen :

www.realityting.wordpress.com
April 21, 2014 03:23AM
... and we are going out with a bang! The third and final part of the Norris Regal interview is now up on the blog! The 12" is still available at Ernie B's, among others, and is apprently on its way to selling out.. just saying! Thanks for the amazing support as always! -seb

Ther goes :

[reelheavy.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login