YES!!
Bring back Windy City as well!!
Re: SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Hollie Cook
March 04, 2014 02:04PM
Nice!

Love that reggae!
March 04, 2014 04:43PM
She was so awesome last year! I guess that I wasn't the only one who was impressed with her. And she's such a cutie! ;-)
March 04, 2014 05:06PM
She is kinda cute.

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
March 04, 2014 05:13PM
Oh I am soooo jealous!!!! LOL!
March 04, 2014 10:31PM
Very interesting performer and sound! Would also love to see Windy City again too.
Peace,
Bagga....
March 05, 2014 12:10AM
Good choice! Her set was way too short last year

Jah Son
March 05, 2014 01:32AM
Actually she did two sets. One on the Village stage and one on the Valley.
March 05, 2014 04:34AM
GIVE THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the best performances I have ever seen last year with Hollie Cook on the Valley Stage.
March 05, 2014 08:01AM
@ Danny Crucial:

Danny, you lucky guy! How did you go about getting your picture taken with Hollie?! Did she have a merch table and was signing autographs and taking pics with fans like some of the artists do? I need to hang out with you more at the festival, cause I want to get my pic taken with her too!!!

All joking aside, I'm very happy to hear the addition of Hollie Cook! I admit, I didn't know much about her or Prince Fatty last year, up until right before I left for Boonville, I checked out some of her tunes and was impressed. And her live show was really, really good, but short (missed her set the day before, was late getting into festival).

I think the reason for her short set time was that we in the crowd, by the stage, were all hooting and hollering for Windy City to play another encore song, which probably later cut into Hollie's set...however, all has worked itself out because she's coming back this year, and I'm not missing any of it. She has some great tunes, and I personally feel she already has 4 "show-stopper" type songs: "For Me You Are (that song is THE CUT), "Milk And Honey", "Shadow Kissing", and "Body Beat". Look forward to hearing any of those, and any of her other songs for that matter!

And Danny, it was great meeting you in person last year, bro! I enjoyed reasoning with you about reggae before the Iqulah set, and I'm sure I will see you at the festival again this year.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2014 10:38AM by YabbyYouFan.
March 05, 2014 05:05PM
Yes brother. Great times! C U in June!

March 05, 2014 07:21PM
Bring her back...encore encore!
March 13, 2014 08:54AM
I hope they bring Prince Fatty and Horseman back with Hollie as well. They all had excellent performances last year.
March 13, 2014 09:54AM
I was pretty unimpressed with both of her sets--but do understand why all the men enjoyed her playfully coy and flirtatious performances. Still, seeing her on the bill only one year later is a bit surprising.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 13, 2014 11:06AM
Um, maybe you forgot M, but I remember you and T, on Sunday, waving a makeshift 'Bring back Hollie Cook' flag and blowing on an airhorn. Quite a ruckus you created at the time, and now , to say you were unimpressed? Very Surprising.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
March 13, 2014 11:20AM
umm, the flag said "bring back hollie to cook".

and yes, we were waving it hard as we were tired of the same old indian wraps and stone's jerk bbq.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
March 13, 2014 01:11PM
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out hilarious!

March 13, 2014 01:24PM
I really have to take issue with my good friend MK here. Yes Hollie is really attractive, but she also has a really sweet voice and her back up band is strong. Makes me think a lot of the great female singers in the Ariwa posse like Sister Audrey and Sandra Cross. Love that ethereal dub-wise sound.
AJ
March 13, 2014 06:56PM
mosquito killer
I was pretty unimpressed with both of her sets--but do understand why all the men enjoyed her playfully coy and flirtatious performances. Still, seeing her on the bill only one year later is a bit surprising.

m.
My wife and I enjoyed both sets.. Great smile, music and vibe. winking smiley
Glad to see her back on this year's line-up..........
March 13, 2014 08:18PM
mosquito killer

m.
Im with you MK. While she was very nice to watch perform winking smiley I was also unimpressed by her and very surprised to see her back so soon. Honestly, compared to the pool of female talent that is outside there she is merley ok.
April 22, 2014 11:42AM
New single from Hollie Cook from the forthcoming album "Twice"

April 22, 2014 01:23PM
Really like this tune Daniel, Thank you for sharing!
April 22, 2014 06:28PM
Jah Mike
I really have to take issue with my good friend MK here. Yes Hollie is really attractive, but she also has a really sweet voice and her back up band is strong. Makes me think a lot of the great female singers in the Ariwa posse like Sister Audrey and Sandra Cross. Love that ethereal dub-wise sound.

So do I, and IMO there's also room in current reggae for a female artist that isn't in the role(to a greater or lesser extent) of being a Rasta Church Lady. Having a rootsy Lover's Rock sprite works for me; having her Producer and Horseman on hand is a plus also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2014 04:41AM by papa ray.
April 22, 2014 10:52PM
don't misunderstand my criticism. I love that she isn't "empress holly", papa. in fact, I'd say her best asset in winning folks over is her moxy onstage; she has a grand confidence up there.

I still think there are plenty more talented women I'd love to see perform this year, since I just saw holly last year. surprised she's back so fast.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
April 23, 2014 10:45AM
there's also room in current reggae for a female artist that isn't in the role(to a greater or lesser extent) of being a Rasta Church Lady.

Classic, PapaRayray

I love to see Tchiya at Sierra Nevada

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2014 10:46AM by papaken.
AJ
April 23, 2014 01:16PM
Listening to Ms. Cook's music & live @ SNWMF last year I can't help but feel the vibe of Two Tone ~ Rhoda Dakar ~ Bodysnatchers ~ Selecter.
Great times and music back then............nice to feel the vibe again.....imo.
Glad Hollie Cook is coming back
April 23, 2014 03:33PM
"IMO there's also room in current reggae for a female artist that isn't in the role(to a greater or lesser extent) of being a Rasta Church Lady."

Amen.
April 23, 2014 03:39PM
We love UK Reggae and are looking forward to seeing Hollie Cook again. Very excited to see Bitty McLean and Adrian Sherwood in the dancehall too.
Peace,
Bagga.......
June 11, 2014 05:08PM
Picked up both of her albums and really have been digging on them! I missed her last year and really excited to catch her this year!
June 11, 2014 05:45PM

* [www.kboo.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2014 05:47PM by mosquito killer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login