Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Shaggy

Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Shaggy
March 04, 2014 09:26PM
Re: SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Shaggy
March 04, 2014 09:41PM
Enjoyed his show back in 2005...and his latest album is top notch. Looking forward...
March 04, 2014 09:45PM
Nice! His latest album is dope! and he put on a great show in Humboldt this last November. Salute.
March 04, 2014 09:47PM
His New Album is good>.. He has one of the greatest baritone voices…my favorite song of his:
(1401279KAKYX

March 04, 2014 10:45PM
another sly & robbie collaboration in the works? would be nice!
March 04, 2014 10:51PM
I couldn't believe my eyes when I just saw the email. I thought everyone always said Shaggy was just too expensive. I somehow missed that he performed in 05. Interesting.
March 05, 2014 02:12AM
Very underrated new album......not like anything he has done
March 05, 2014 02:34AM
Ive always rated Shaggy...excited to see this one.
March 05, 2014 03:14AM
He's also a good humanitarian, recently donated a big check to the public hospital in Kingston.
March 05, 2014 06:25AM
We saw Shaggy a few months ago in San Francisco. Definitely one of the most entertaining reggae shows around. Will be glad to see him at SNWMF this year. And his recent album is excellent!
Peace,
Bagga.....
March 05, 2014 03:06PM

How much for mi journey, Mrs lovalova?
March 05, 2014 04:43PM
I know it's been mentioned before but some of Shaggy's Big Yard releases are very different than what you might hear in the lame-stream media. Ditto for the album with Sly & Robbie last year:

March 05, 2014 05:14PM
Daniel
I know it's been mentioned before but some of Shaggy's Big Yard releases are very different than what you might hear in the lame-stream media. Ditto for the album with Sly & Robbie last year:

Agreed. I just hope that he plays a set that is heavy with those songs as it would be MASSIVE.

I didn't make it to SNWMF the year that Shaggy played, but I did see Shaggy and Steel Pulse on the Fort McDowell Indian Reservation in 2010. Steel Pulse opened and they were ok. After reading the reviews of Shaggy's performance from SNWMF, I didn't have very high expectations for his set though I wanted to give it a chance. Sadly, it was awful. I made it through 30-40 minutes before bailing to start my 45 minute drive home. It was pure bubblegum pop tunes interupted frequently for Shaggy's "dancing" around stage.

I'm hoping for something much different (and better) this year.
March 05, 2014 09:30PM
that last show wasn't very good. Not a set to appeal to the SNWMF crowd. He probably learned from that and will come with a more concious set. Plus he has so much more good music now in his archive. Should be good.
March 05, 2014 09:52PM
Happy to see Shaggy on the billing.

I remember his show in 2005 at Angel,s camp.

The image I retained from that show was the 3 inches of his boxer shorts showing above his pants line...ha ha

He puts on a good show...looking forward that one.
March 06, 2014 01:12AM
I didn't see all of his last SNWMF set. Something else was going on at the Village stage, but what i remember of it wasn't bad. Looking forward to seeing him again.
March 06, 2014 02:04AM
Just saw Shaggy in Boston a week ago...great artist...good performance, geared to the ladies of course....Church Heathen is my tune and this live version was okay....glad to see this prolific on the bill.
March 06, 2014 04:55AM
I've seen Shaggy a few times and it's pretty good. I don't understand why his name is at the top of the list though. I'm hoping that this changes soon. Bring on Burning Spear.

See you all soon.
March 06, 2014 04:46PM
This is from a post 5 years ago...

Though I did not enjoy Shaggy's performance at SNWMF at Angel's Camp, I do rate a lot of his recorded material. Yesterday while spinning Church Heathen my 6 year old daughter was rocking out. When I told her the singer was named Shaggy, she drew me this.

I was wrangling two small children at Angel's Camp when Shaggy last played at SNWMF, and that definitely affected my enjoyment of that night. That will not be the case this year.
March 07, 2014 01:24AM
Really enjoyed his performance here in Tahoe around thanksgiving... in addition to puting on a great show he was very friendly and humble, very easy to work with

Nice addition!

Respect Same Way
March 07, 2014 03:16AM
YES Inna Nicodemus style!!!!!!!!!!
March 08, 2014 01:43AM
Good to read all the postive comments here as I've not followed his music for a long time but do remember interviewing him for the old 4080 hip hop magazine in the bay (mid 90's) and remember him as very thoughtful and giving of his time. I also echo Daniel's comments and look forward to catching his set
March 08, 2014 06:04AM
Jah Mike
I didn't see all of his last SNWMF set. Something else was going on at the Village stage, but what i remember of it wasn't bad. Looking forward to seeing him again.

I remember that year well. Groundation was on the Village Stage that night with a guest appearance from Winston Jarrett doing Up Park Camp. I was over there too as I was peaking with my anti-zoki Groundation support. That year was great. So much good music. I was bouncing back and forth between stages. Sunday they had that epic, at the time, Virgin Islands Showcase. Macka B on Friday was great. I remember looking forward to two new artists I had not seen yet in Lutan Fyah and Natty King. Of course Sugar was sweet. So much else. Very good year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 06:11AM by fourtwentyplenty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login