Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Additional Artists Announced..

Posted by christinalorell 
Additional Artists Announced..
March 04, 2014 09:53PM
Does anyone else's day just get a little better when new artists are announced?? smiling bouncing smiley I always spend the rest of the day listening to the music from those artists, especially one's I listen to less than the others. Just another 3 months or so! The lineup just keeps getting better. thumbs up
Re: Additional Artists Announced..
March 04, 2014 09:59PM
Not a "little" better - a "LOT" better. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 04, 2014 10:05PM
Filling out very nicely now.

Love that reggae!
March 04, 2014 11:45PM
Gotta love it!!! grinning smiley
March 05, 2014 04:09PM
christinalorell
Does anyone else's day just get a little better when new artists are announced?? smiling bouncing smiley I always spend the rest of the day listening to the music from those artists, especially one's I listen to less than the others. Just another 3 months or so! The lineup just keeps getting better. thumbs up

How funny, I do the same thing in that I listen to the artists' music right after they are announced (listening to Clinton Fearon right now)! And yes, my day gets better when I see the new additions! Can't wait for the last batch or so, this is going to be one really good festival.
March 05, 2014 07:36PM
We just need Dezarie and Lutan Fyah added and I would be happy! Midnite of course too but that doesn't seem to be happening.
March 06, 2014 06:53PM
Reaaaally hoping for lutan fyah again!! smiling bouncing smiley
March 06, 2014 08:11PM
Love the Clinton Fearon & Chuck Fenda additions!

Was expecting to see Chronixx since he is in Cali the same month. Does he charge more than Shaggy or something?

The past few years SNWMF has showcased an up & coming talent. There was Fat Freddy's Drop, Romain Virgo, and Protoje. I was really hoping Chronixx would be that artist this year! So who is the upstart talent to be showcased this year? Hollie Cook?
March 06, 2014 08:16PM
More artists TBA Reggabe, but I would consider Raging Fyah, Zvuloon Dub System, Anuhea, Ester Rada and Bitty McLean (at least in the US) to all be "upstart talents"....
March 06, 2014 08:23PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Bitty! Don't know his works, and yes he qualifies as an upstart talent (and I forgot about Gappy Ranks from last year, bring him back too!).

I'm liking the line-up. Very diverse as usual. So far it blows the ROTR 30th anniversary line-up out of the water!
March 07, 2014 05:20AM
Fi real Reggabe, ROTR lineup is looking pretty faulty, like San Andrea playa smiling smiley I'm only juiced for Jah9, Marlon Asher, Third World (was tremendously STRONG down at the Tribute to the Legends in SD). Gyptian, Bunji Soca?? Por favor. I emailed those tricks and let 'em know. Rasta nah go quietly into the night. Highly disappointed and wondering what they're smoking up there smoking smiley.....Hyped for the Sierra lineup fo sho; fyi, Bitty has hella love songs and a few powerful, conscious tunes (played in SD tambien). Bless up!!!
March 07, 2014 06:07PM
I wouldn't say ROTR looks awful, any lineup with Jimmy Cliff and Alpha Blondy is not awful but its not SNWMF. smiling smiley
March 07, 2014 06:12PM
Bitty Mclean, Michael Rose, Sly and Robbie, Etana, Third World... stop me when I get to something resembling awful... Mutabaruka, Gaudi...you know I am playing with you but both festivals offer world class line ups and offer a path out of the darkness for their northern neighbor.
March 07, 2014 06:38PM
Who said anything about ROTR being awful?

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
March 07, 2014 06:39PM
good catch... my bad... I though my fellow Oregonian had lost his Midnite mind....
March 12, 2014 09:13PM
Kabaka for SNWMF!

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 10:14PM by DJ Treez.
March 12, 2014 09:45PM
Yes please! Forward Kabbaka for SNWMF!
March 24, 2014 10:10PM
And there it is. Kabaka & Jahdan = NICENESS!

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
March 25, 2014 01:07AM
Wow, Sierra is looking HUGE! ROTR not shabby either now with Gentleman on the bill...
March 25, 2014 05:50PM
Gentleman was a big add for ROTR, I want to go to that festival now just to see him.
March 25, 2014 06:34PM
I caught Gentleman with the Far East band in Utrecht Netherlands, and it was a massive show! I'd love to see him again, anytime.

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 26, 2014 06:58PM
ROTR is closing the gap , no doubt

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login